BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You arent acknowledging my point still! The issue is not anything to do with Saturdays game! It has stemmed from his pre game interviews! 

That last comment shows you are on the wind up in my opinion. Im overjoyed as ive said previously about the season as a whole.

Your point was acknowledged. You just didnt like my views on it. 

I'm sure you said you arent bothered about what managers say in these interviews but its all about points on board. Or was that just for Lambert?

So if you are overjoyed then just enjoy the season and that FACT promotion was ACHIEVED. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK hypothetical situation. You can only choose one option 

Second in the championship next season 

Or 

First in two seasons time

Guaranteed Championship champions? That sounds like an amazing couple of years of competitive football and building a quality side - I’ll take that.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Guaranteed Championship champions? That sounds like an amazing couple of years of competitive football and building a quality side - I’ll take that.

It would be a good side alright, but I would prefer the extra year in the premiership myself :)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It would be a good side alright, but I would prefer the extra year in the premiership myself :)

You’re changing the rules now. You didn’t say we get an extra year in the PL...

A fluke second promotion next season (built on the back of momentum from this) would likely make for a disastrous PL season the one after.

I’d take it purely for the money - and potential to rid ourselves of Venkys.

Just now, Stuart said:

You’re changing the rules now. You didn’t say we get an extra year in the PL...

A fluke second promotion next season (built on the back of momentum from this) would likely make for a disastrous PL season the one after.

I’d take it purely for the money - and potential to rid ourselves of Venkys.

I haven't changed any rules. I said 2nd next year or 1st the year after. You said 1st in two years, meaning you would turn down 2nd place and promotion next season. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You arent acknowledging my point still! The issue is not anything to do with Saturdays game! It has stemmed from his pre game interviews! 

That last comment shows you are on the wind up in my opinion. Im overjoyed as ive said previously about the season as a whole.

Honestly mate your peeing in the wind. It's seems people just don't care about a title or trophy. I don't understand why but they don't

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we come 2nd next season will people care about the title? :P 

If we are a point from top with two games to go. Absolutely. Exactly the same as this season.

Regarding your question I'm with den. Straight up to the prem. But that is a completely different scenario and situation to the one being argued

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

If we are a point from top with two games to go. Absolutely. Exactly the same as this season

And what if someone is a point behind  us ;) will it ultimately matter if we finish 1st or 2nd? I would say once we finish in the top 2, it wouldn't matter a jot 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't changed any rules. I said 2nd next year or 1st the year after. You said 1st in two years, meaning you would turn down 2nd place and promotion next season. 

You said an extra year in the PL...

Jeez, we can’t have 5 minutes without disagreeing! :P 

Honestly mate your peeing in the wind. It's seems people just don't care about a title or trophy. I don't understand why but they don't

People do care, just not everyone cares enough to turn on the team over it. We all care,its just some feel now that the important mission is completed. 

If we didn't lose Saturday, there would be nothing about Mowbrays comments, we may even be saying he is a mind game genius. By most feedback, we should have gotten something more from the game Saturday, so I think it is safe to say that the players care. 

And what if someone is a point behind  us ;) will it ultimately matter if we finish 1st or 2nd? I would say once we finish in the top 2, it wouldn't matter a jot 

If we try our best and achieve second I would be delirious with excitement and proud of the boys. If we are a point off top with two games to go and Tony says the title doesn't matter and throws it away without giving it his best shot to be champions I would be as frustrated and disappointed as I am now at that one particular scenario but equally delighted and proud that we are up. Exactly as I feel now

Just now, Stuart said:

You said an extra year in the PL...

Jeez, we can’t have 5 minutes without disagreeing! :P 

Yes, because we would go up next season where as you want to wait and win the title the following season 

Good disagreements though. Imagine  what would be going on here if we didn't go up :P Everyone would be banned 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK hypothetical situation. You can only choose one option 

Second in the championship next season 

Or 

First in two seasons time

First in two seasons time. Not that I think either will happen but I wouldn’t fancy getting annihilated in the prem the season after! The club needs to rebuild, as long as Venkys play ball or bugger off and leave Rovers in good hands then I think we’re not too far off how Southampton were. Fantastic youth set up ‘Jack’s legacy’ one they haven’t messed up just yet. We’re Blackburn Rovers we’re on our way back! 

I don't care if we are first or second as long as we go up like everyone else providing we gave it our absolute best to win the title.  It's not about trying and failing it's about throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked

Yes, because we would go up next season where as you want to wait and win the title the following season 

Good disagreements though. Imagine  what would be going on here if we didn't go up :P Everyone would be banned 

“Extra” means more than one when we are both only guaranteed one season (in this hypothetical scenario). You should have said “earlier”.

In all honesty, I think a second promotion next year would mean a disastrous PL season.

Our extended fall from grace means that we would need to replace every single player to compete.

Moot point though.

I don't care if we are first or second as long as we go up like everyone else providing we gave it our absolute best to win the title.  It's not about trying and failing it's about throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked

I don't think we threw the towel in on Saturday. The players did their best. 

OK, onto Saturday and Doncaster doing us a favour 

Just now, Stuart said:

“Extra” means more than one when we are both only guaranteed one season (in this hypothetical scenario). You should have said “earlier”.

In all honesty, I think a second promotion next year would mean a disastrous PL season.

Our extended fall from grace means that we would need to replace every single player to compete.

Moot point though.

OK, I am lost now. I thought my initial question was straight forward. Never mind 

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want a second promotion next year. That's fascinating and amazing for me to hear. 

I would take it all day. Huddersfield did and may just about survive. Even if they don't they will be stronger for it in the championship. 

Moot though indeed. Well, the top 2 part anyway :)

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your point was acknowledged. You just didnt like my views on it. 

I'm sure you said you arent bothered about what managers say in these interviews but its all about points on board. Or was that just for Lambert?

So if you are overjoyed then just enjoy the season and that FACT promotion was ACHIEVED. 

Has Mowbray turned the League ones favourites into runners up. We wait and see for when Saturday comes.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not talking to you like a child, its just frustrating that you are not taking my actual point on board, more so what you perceive my point to be.

We all AGREE that promotion was the main target and its been achieved. The argument is not that its not enough. The argument is, now its been achieved, surely come out and go for the league title, not suggest its meaningless and that no one will remember either way.

People are angry specifically with the managers attitude and disregard towards the prospect of a title. Not specifically the Charlton result/performance/team selection.

And no, but only because it wasnt us. If we won a cup id bloody remember!

You probably should. Sometimes I feel like telling Chaddy to play with his crayons in the corner and let the grown ups talk.

The rest of the post I agree with fully.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK, I am lost now. I thought my initial question was straight forward. Never mind 

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want a second promotion next year. That's fascinating and amazing for me to hear. 

I would take it all day. Huddersfield did and may just about survive. Even if they don't they will be stronger for it in the championship. 

Moot though indeed. Well, the top 2 part anyway :)

Well I’m not explaining it again.

Just remember though in your amazement, you guaranteed me we’d be Champions in the second year. That means survival, rebuilding, investment, decent players and a better chance of a squad that could survive in the PL.

I’m not greedy but neither do I want a short term solution.

I thought Wigan were the favourites at the start of the season and they quickly overtook Rovers in the odds. Recently though I stated that Rovers had done enough to be considered equal favourites. That's the issue that some people just can't understand. I've already mentioned 2001 and the differences between them and now. It's come down to the wire and even the slightest indication it does not matter is the wrong mentality. It's a bit unfair to compare to Guardiola, etc on being a "winner" as Mowbray wouldn't be here if he was. It's about the attitude though which is a sign of weakness in the view of myself and others. The closest thing is if Rovers had an "up and comer" who went on to become one of the top managers in the country. That's kinda what Howard Kendall managed for a number of years. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well I’m not explaining it again.

Just remember though in your amazement, you guaranteed me we’d be Champions in the second year. That means survival, rebuilding, investment, decent players and a better chance of a squad that could survive in the PL.

I’m not greedy but neither do I want a short term solution.

The table doesn't lie Stuart. If you finish 1st or 2nd over the course of a season, you will deserve it 

As with us this season :)

Now, enjoy Saturday 

The table doesn't lie Stuart. If you finish 1st or 2nd over the course of a season, you will deserve it 

As with us this season :)

Now, enjoy Saturday 

Better hope that Shrewsbury win the play-offs then. ;) 

Archived