BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Backroom
18 hours ago, Stuart said:

Neil Yardley?

Not sure. There is someone who is really Phoenix Nighting it up over the PA system and it’s really starting to annoy. It’s like they don’t trust the crowd to make any kind of noise.

The thing that annoyed me was the music before and after Dacks award, felt deprived of a good Dack in attack chanting session 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
37 minutes ago, Tom said:

The thing that annoyed me was the music before and after Dacks award, felt deprived of a good Dack in attack chanting session 

I didn't even realise they'd done the awards til he was actually holding the trophies.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, ossyian said:

It might seem like a daft question but has there ever been more than 26310 rovers fans on Jacks Ewood

Yes, on Sat. 27600 - 1100 Oxford = 26500

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Just come to me it was the Fulham game, last game of our first season back in the PL, May 2002. Cheap tickets from memory.

30,487 with only about 1,500 Fulham fans in one half of the Darwen End Upper.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/blackburn-rovers-v-fulham-11-may-2002-12287/

Cheers Matty. Some blokes saying Man U in94 till I pointed out 8000 mancs. I was just interested. I haven' got a clue really but just thought home fans on Saturday must be approaching a record.

Took my  brother in law on Saturday who is a die hard Mackem. He is 62 years young and started crying pre match as he saw so many people and families enjoying themselves it brought a lump to his throat!

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not quite what I expected. Looks about 4 or 5 deep. Maybe everyone went out for the day instead (we did).

72EADAF5-9214-47FA-8807-453560278558.png

It may just be me but you don’t seem to be being very positive about the fact we got promoted...

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

It may just be me but you don’t seem to be being very positive about the fact we got promoted...

:rolleyes: 

Last week’s news Rob - looks like I wasn’t the only one who thought so.

Summer transfer window is the focus now.

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Have any of you been on the oxford board?  Kin hell we are all uneducated chavs just because 1000 uneducated chavs ran on the pitch. Disgusted from Abingdon is furious with  the northern uncouth behaviour. Oh thats different from them invading the pitch at Wycombe then?All you need to say is Blackbird Leys. The shittiest shit hole of shit holes In Europe closely followed by Cowley. Oh for the leafy suburbs of oxford?????

The club’s been flogging it to death.

We got promoted nearly 2 weeks ago - we had Doncaster, then Charlton, them the Disabled Supporters Awards Night, then 27,000 and all the ceremony on Saturday.

So no wonder the Cathedral Quarter event didn’t cram them in. If that wasn’t enough there’s another £130 a head award ceremony tonIght - though don’t we know Dack already won player and goal of the year?

It’s the third division, maybe a slight overkill!

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There is a hell of a lot of bitterness around here towards us. You can only imagine the jealousy in the 90s when all the other town clubs were flailing about in the 3rd and 4th tier.

Dingles aside, PNE are a prime example of it, Bolton too. Just add Wigan to the list, though it’s  obviously come from their Dingle manager, won’t be their long standing fans considering they were in what is now the Evo Stick league in the 90s

The Oldham game surprised me. It was like some cup final for them against their hated neighbours. 

They're not even on our radar as rivals.

Archived