BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The Oldham game surprised me. It was like some cup final for them against their hated neighbours. 

They're not even on our radar as rivals.

They were just as bad when they played our U23s. They absolutely hate Dunny.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ossyian said:

Took my  brother in law on Saturday who is a die hard Mackem. He is 62 years young and started crying pre match as he saw so many people and families enjoying themselves it brought a lump to his throat!

Sounds like he’s a die soft Mackem.  ?

5 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Sounds like he’s a die soft Mackem.  ?

He loved the feeling  and atmosphere. He is a season ticket holder at stadium of light and it's been shit for them for last few years. He had forgotten the good times. He thought Ewood was a picture on Saturday and just loved happy faces enjoying themselves. He did same again in Fernhurst afterwards.

1 minute ago, ossyian said:

He loved the feeling  and atmosphere. He is a season ticket holder at stadium of light and it's been shit for them for last few years. He had forgotten the good times. He thought Ewood was a picture on Saturday and just loved happy faces enjoying themselves. He did same again in Fernhurst afterwards.

You sure he wasn't having a breakdown . Understandable if he was after the few seasons he's had

Yeah they have had  the same shite as us. He just loved a happy crowd enjoying a bit of success instead of the downard spiral of crap he and we have endured over the past few years

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

Lord Dominic of Sam the mule from London..... Ewoods number nine.... god help us !

When he hits the ball, it does naff all, Domy dummy Samuel!

Who needs the help of an unspecific deity when you’ve got Dom turning defence into attack.

2 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Hope no kids cried.

:rolleyes: 

Sometimes when people really care about something they feel strong emotions: sadness, hurt, anger - and aren’t sure how to express it.

Other times they go and support Man City for a few years then come back and spout off.

12 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Probably because he was as a bad a manager there as Coyle was here.

More drivel. Take a look at Oldham’s record over the last God knows how many years. Which manager has managed to get a tune out of them? Any of them? 

Just now, bob fleming said:

More drivel. Take a look at Oldham’s record over the last God knows how many years. Which manager has managed to get a tune out of them? Any of them? 

Dunn's an idiot. If anyone was going to get something good out of them it was never gonna be him. I should have placed a bet on his sacking in retrospect.

23 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Probably because he was as a bad a manager there as Coyle was here.

Thought you said you were going to stop posting for the rest of the month?

Just that you are like the slightly more intelligent version of Chaddy. Both write a load of tosh but yours are like essays while Chadsters barely gets a fully readable sentence put together. 

At least Chaddy supports Rovers though.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Dunn's an idiot. If anyone was going to get something good out of them it was never gonna be him. I should have placed a bet on his sacking in retrospect.

As opposed to all the other Oldham managers of recent years :lol:

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Who needs the help of an unspecific deity when you’ve got Dom turning defence into attack.

A one off finished by others anyone could have done what Dom of London did here.

1 minute ago, bob fleming said:

As opposed to all the other Oldham managers of recent years :lol:

Yeah and Rovers have had a scintillating list haven't they? Berg, Appleton and Bowyer the latter of whom coasted really. 

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Thought you said you were going to stop posting for the rest of the month?

I've said that before and it's lasted no more than a few hours so don't be too shocked. What do you want me to do stick my hands in quick dry cement? I accidentally used that as my manager name on one of the LMA Playstation games once (early 2000s) but that's another story...

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah and Rovers have had a scintillating list haven't they? Berg, Appleton and Bowyer the latter of whom coasted really. 

What do you want me to do stick my hands in quick dry cement? I accidentally used that as my manager name on one of the LMA Playstation games once (early 2000s) but that's another story...

huh?

In the thread where you are basically attacking a man that could have died and possibly still could, you claimed you wont be posting for the remainder of this month. WTF that has to do with playstation is beyond me.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

It’s a simple comprehension exercise this. I refer you to your comment regarding Dunn being as bad as Coyle at Oldham. Name a manager who has succeeded at Oldham over the last couple of decades?

I’ll give you a clue. There isn’t one. So they’re either all bad managers or it’s a really tough gig.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The club’s been flogging it to death.

We got promoted nearly 2 weeks ago - we had Doncaster, then Charlton, them the Disabled Supporters Awards Night, then 27,000 and all the ceremony on Saturday.

So no wonder the Cathedral Quarter event didn’t cram them in. If that wasn’t enough there’s another £130 a head award ceremony tonIght - though don’t we know Dack already won player and goal of the year?

It’s the third division, maybe a slight overkill!

I was meaning to go but missed it because I overslept much to my annoyance but it wasn't the end of the world as I was at Doncaster, Charlton and most of the Oxford game so you're expecting some fans to celebrate the same thing 3 or 4 times. So I fully agree it' s been a bit of overkill.

I think that sort of thing works best immediately after the point of celebration and when the point of celebration has happened at an away ground or Wembley following a play off or Cup Final etc. Not 13 days after promotion and 2 days after 27k have celebrated at Ewood.

Hope anyone who went enjoyed themselves anyway.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They were in the premier league before if i remember - though fleetingly?

Promoted the year before they were founder members of the PL.

Just a few years later back in Div 2 they were too bad for Warnock to rescue.

Archived