BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Always trouble at Oldham in the 70s and 80s. Seems to me though that when they had success they had decent crowds but when times were tough they all went watching City. A bit like them piggies in Horwich.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Hope no kids cried.

There's no way they had 8000 there that day. Infact they were severely restricted by all accounts with the stadium redevelopments and all. Also it wasn't until the 2000s when they started getting the whole DE something which should never have happened. Fulham was a large attendance helped by the League Cup presentation even though most of the fans had already seen one in person but anyhow...

Yet more Bullshit from Vinjay the font of no knowledge. The stadium redevelopment was finished and they had the whole Darwen End. You are thinking of the previous year when Shearer nearly put Schmeichel into the Darwen End.

14 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Yet more Bullshit from Vinjay the font of no knowledge. The stadium redevelopment was finished and they had the whole Darwen End. You are thinking of the previous year when Shearer nearly put Schmeichel into the Darwen End.

To be fair that was also in 94.

2 hours ago, meadows said:

Rovers were ringing staff on their  day off yesterday offering them free tickets to the dinner to fill it up a bit 

If they'd have advertised it a bit better, perhaps they might have had a better take up. I never even knew about it until it was mentioned on here. 

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If they'd have advertised it a bit better, perhaps they might have had a better take up. I never even knew about it until it was mentioned on here. 

Perhaps it was more of a two fingered response to the asking price of £130 a pop!

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Perhaps it was more of a two fingered response to the asking price of £130 a pop!

Yes, I'm not sure I'd have been tempted at that price. I was upset when the 20 year anniversary dinner of the 1995 title win  sold out in secret to a select few in the know though. I would have been prepared to splash out on that.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, I'm not sure I'd have been tempted at that price. I was upset when the 20 year anniversary dinner of the 1995 title win  sold out in secret to a select few in the know though. I would have been prepared to splash out on that.

Similar thing I think, when I saw it on twitter it was branded as a business at Ewood thing so obviously targeted at the corporate guests etc 

• Backroom

Gotta b gutted if your Shrewsbury looking at that table.

More than double the amount of time in top 2 than us. 

If they don't go up by playoffs will b gutting for them.  

Any other season and all that.  

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Peterborough were 1st for 14 days? I do not remember that 

I do! Few teams got off to a flyer and I put acca on all 4 leagues for them to finish in top 2. Was Liverpool, Leeds, Peterborough,  can't remember 4th tier.

Tenner at crazy odds.

That bet panned out well for me!

Was just after Liverpool had spanked Arsenal 4-0 with all their attackers getting a goal - Mane, Firminio, Salah, and Sturridge  (Remember him).

They looked unplayable that day and really fancied them to do well in league. Their next 2 matches after placing that bet? - 5-0 loss to City, 1-1 draw with Burnley. ? 

I swear I'm a jinx. 

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

So glad we are not involved in the playoffs,an absolute on the day lottery....imagine losing at Wembley.

Don't think I could cope! :blink:

It would have been a nightmare getting into the playoffs.

So glad we avoided that. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

It would have been a nightmare getting into the playoffs.

So glad we avoided that. 

"Playoffs" and "glad" in the same post should be banned on here!

See it's set me off and TTF we're not even in them :rover:

I do hope Shrewsbury run out playoff winners for L1, they deserve it.

I'm going Villa for the Championship and  Notts County for L2.

58 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"Playoffs" and "glad" in the same post should be banned on here!

See it's set me off and TTF we're not even in them :rover:

I do hope Shrewsbury run out playoff winners for L1, they deserve it.

I'm going Villa for the Championship and  Notts County for L2.

I think Derby will get up from the Championship, they've come into form at the right time and Fulham will be emotional from not going up automatically. Which, if it does happen, is everything that is wrong with the play-off system - Derby won 13 less points over the season than Fulham. In our league Charlton have 16 less points than Shrewsbury. Imagine if that was us and we didn't go up having had 16 more points than the team that did get promoted. I think that might have broken me to be honest...

I hope Fulham go up from the Championship, but I have a sneaky feeling Villa or Boro might have the experience ,both in the dug out and on the pitch, to get the job done. 

I would love to resume our rivalry with Shrewsbury and Wigan next season. The 3 of us fighting it out for a play-off spot :P 

Archived