BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tom said:

I may repeat myself - but luck doesn’t tend to repeat itself so often 

And yet it does every now and then. You can actually flip tales with the coin 20 times in a row. And it would even be unnatural if that wouldn't happen every now and then.

Just who gets to be that lucky coin, is the question...:)

Just now, Tom said:

I may repeat myself - but luck doesn’t tend to repeat itself so often 

They are having the rub of the green at the moment. That doesn't mean they don't deserve it. A few weeks ago they won 1 in 5. Let's see if their current form continues.

Wigan have only won 2 in 6. We might go on a similar run. If we do we're fooked.

If we win 6 or 7 of our last 9 we won't be far away.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

They are having the rub of the green at the moment. That doesn't mean they don't deserve it. A few weeks ago they won 1 in 5. Let's see if their current form continues.

Wigan have only won 2 in 6. We might go on a similar run. If we do we're fooked.

If we win 6 or 7 of our last 9 we won't be far away.

I think 7 wins would likely do it 

At this point would you accept going into the last game a point behind Shrews?

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Shrewsbury away to Northampton on Tuesday, I can see them winning that by the odd goal too.

Wigan away to Walsall on Wednesday, 3 points to Wigan.

I was thinking their next game was Home to Wimbledon on Saturday which is as easy a game you could ask for (yet one we managed to lose), I think the safest way is to just assume they will win every game then any slip up is a bonus.

That Bradford game could be a big one if we are starting it 4 points behind Shrews 

With Shrewsbury having Northampton (away) and AFC Wimbledon (home) before we play again, I expect us to be four points behind them and the pressure will be on us for the Bradford City game.  Bottom line is that whoever finishes in the top two will fully deserve to do so after 46 games.  If we miss out we can only hope that we can repeat our Play-off success under Kenny.  However, as we know only too well the Rovers and play-offs tend to end in tears - and not in a good way.  Sadly, I suspect today may well prove to be a major turning point.

How frustrating, Shrewsbury just seem to be able to scrape a win. It's going to be difficult to stop them going up automatically. They'll an easy win on Tuesday, followed by an easy home game next Saturday against Wimbledon. They are likely to be 4 points ahead of us by the next time we play. 

But lots of twists and turns yet. 

We can't be too far off securing a play-off spot can we?  Exciting times. 

If it is to be the play-offs for us. then great. We'd ALL have taken that several games into a woeful start to the season. And of course it's the glorious way to go up!!!

So another four games (two each) for Shrewsbury and Wigan before we are in action.

They might win them all in which case we are playing catch up. Or we might get a nice pre-Easter bonus with a few draws (and two draws is more valuable to us than one defeat).

Whatever happens in those games, Bradford at Ewood on Maundy Thursday is a monster and it's the only match we can actually do anything about assuming you accept that sticking needles in effigies of Paul Cook doesn't work.

39 minutes ago, meadows said:

Not many teams win 3 in a week, Parson. Points will be dropped here & there. 

Totally agree that there will be more twists and turns before its over.  However, looking at the remaining fixtures I think I would fancy being in Shrewsbury's position but it depends on how they handle the pressure once the finishing line comes in sight.  We know only too well from our own experiences that pressure can be a funny thing and lead to unexpected results.  However, whatever happens and whatever division we are in next season you and I and our mates will all be turning up next August to start again! 

42 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree that there will be more twists and turns before its over.  However, looking at the remaining fixtures I think I would fancy being in Shrewsbury's position but it depends on how they handle the pressure once the finishing line comes in sight.  We know only too well from our own experiences that pressure can be a funny thing and lead to unexpected results.  However, whatever happens and whatever division we are in next season you and I and our mates will all be turning up next August to start again! 

Hopefully without mowbray if we are in this league .. we don't go up its a travesty and he should walk 

It's seems to be our luck recently. First we go down last season with a record points tally. Now we are in an unprecedented race for promotion where any other season we would be looking nailed on at this stage with our current points  total. Still, as we know, you can't write any team off, so, hopefully an underdog does us a favour before we play again. 

Also hopefully our players keep focused with such a long break. It's siege mentality time. We have to win every game. That starts with hard work and intensity from the off. No excuses 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

The worrying thing is Parson, which of our key players will think likewise?

I detest MG's continual rhetoric but understand the underlying message and would struggle to come up with a counter argument.

There will be plenty of twists and turns before mid May but if we set our stall out to win at least 7 of our remaining games, then both Wigan and Shrewsbury can scrap it out for the minor place in our wake. To think differently, as I worry you do, is just planning to fail. Forget Wigan and Shrewsbury, just worry about us because that's all TM and WE can have any influence over.

COYB ffs and believe in yourselves!!!

Archived