BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

Wigan game has gone now so we move on. Next weekend gives us a great chance of 3 points against Bowyer & Co. My team would be the one that started today minus Evans. Move Bennett back to midfield with Smallwood and put Payne left side with Dack in the middle and Armstrong to the right with all 3 behind Danny. We are due to tonk someone; next weekend would do!

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another difficult derby but winnable and if we approach it like today we will be ok especially after a week off. What we don't need is the gaffer getting the collywobbles and going all technical because there is no need as the problem is we let in set pieces today not goals from open play so that needs to be the focus.

Somehow I fear another draw though, hopefully the team and crowd don't take the hangover from todays second half into this one.

• Paul pinned this topic
  • Backroom

These are the bread and butter games, these are the must win ones that you build a promotion campaign on.

Not expecting slip ups elsewhere so we need to do our bit here and keep the pressure on!

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood

Armstrong       Dack           Antonsson

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler, Downing, Evans, Samuel, Payne, Conway, Bell

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Graham

I'd have Bell before Williams myself and Antonsson looked scared of his shadow today so not sure about his position.

Also have Travis on the bench ahead of Conway, surprised you'd leave  him out after wanting him to start recently 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Blackpool last two aways: won 2-0 at Wigan and 2-0 at Pompey. Never underestimate the genius of Sir Gary.

Good wins those; we'll have to be on our mettle. 

Just now, Tom said:

I'd have Bell before Williams myself and Antonsson looked scared of his shadow today so not sure about his position.

Also have Travis on the bench ahead of Conway, surprised you'd leave  him out after wanting him to start recently 

Think Antonsson give us a goal threat and goals. 

Looking for a balance bench so Conway is there cos he wide player. 

Huge fan of Travis tbf, think he will develop into Smallwood long term centre midfielder partner

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Graham

No Travis, 4 at back, Armstrong from wider and Bennett in the middle??????

You took the pisss out of me for exactly this formation. You've turned again Chaddy....

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood

Graham

No idea what Antonssons done to jump ahead of Payne. Bennett was on the wing when he scored both of his goals, why move him? Id bring in Whittingham for Evans. Also Bell in for Williams. Only 2 changes.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No Travis, 4 at back, Armstrong from wider and Bennett in the middle??????

You took the pisss out of me for exactly this formation. You've turned again Chaddy....

Not at all..just prefer we 4 at the back where we will have loads of possesion and Bowyer will play 4-5-1 against us I reckon. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No idea what Antonssons done to jump ahead of Payne. Bennett was on the wing when he scored both of his goals, why move him? Id bring in Whittingham for Evans. Also Bell in for Williams. Only 2 changes.

Antonsson scored goals and keep wide at the right times..Payne cuts inside too much for me. 

Want Bennett work rate in centre mid and by doing this allow me to play Antonsson. 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's at Blackpool now.

I'm more sad that Leon Best and Danny Murphy are always Rover's!

12 hours ago, dallydally said:

Wigan face Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury play Walsall. Both are at home so you'd expect them to take maximum points too

Depends which teams turn up. If Scunthorpe perform as they were in November/December then Wigan will have a tough time, however Scunthorpe haven't won for a while and have dropped off since January.

Walsall are fresh off a superb 3-0 win at Southend on Saturday which is always a tough place to go and that game v Shrewsbury is a bit of a derby for them, with the exception of that narrow defeat to us they've been in decent form.

We need to win, no doubt at all about that.

TM stumbled upon a line up and formation against Walsall at home at the end of January which worked really well and produced a resounding win and which off the top of my head has produced 3 points every other time we've started with it. (Portsmouth and Wimbledon away)

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Lenihan Williams (or Bell)

Payne Bennett Smallwood Armstrong        

Graham Dack

Whenever he's deviated from that in an attempt to be more defensive we've either failed to win or have squeaked home but struggled. 

Over to you Tony. Please don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We have to bounce back in style.

I hope we hammer these gobshytes...https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2939493

Probably just clueless kids on there but if any set of fans is deluded it's that lots more casual ones. Before they shot up the to the Prem when they were hanging about in the lower leagues they had a hardcore of 4/5k I think and now they are back there they get about 3k so the actual Oyston effect has knocked off a couple of thousand regulars probably.

Fair play to those who stick to their principles but if the O's had started putting coin back in a few years ago they'd probably still be getting quite a few more through the turnstiles. Just like them what the majority of Rovers fans have wanted is the club running correctly and some of the money that comes in being reinvested correctly not just lining certain agents pockets from their client lists. From the outside a degree of that finally seems to be happening.

If they'd suddenly reemployed Holloway and Oyston had given him two or three mill to spend a lot of principle would have flown out the window and their crowds would have doubled overnight.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Walsall are fresh off a superb 3-0 win at Southend on Saturday which is always a tough place to go and that game v Shrewsbury is a bit of a derby for them, with the exception of that narrow defeat to us they've been in decent form.

I fancy Walsall to get a draw. They played brilliantly against us in the second half, were probably a bit unlucky to lose at Peterborough on that snow covered pitch and then won well at Southend. As you say, Shrewsbury is a bit of a derby for them and the fans don’t like each other. They’ll probably have a half decent following at the game and I just feel they’ll get at least a point. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

TM stumbled upon a line up and formation against Walsall at home at the end of January which worked really well and produced a resounding win and which off the top of my head has produced 3 points every other time we've started with it. (Portsmouth and Wimbledon away)

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Lenihan Williams (or Bell)

Payne Bennett Smallwood Armstrong        

Graham Dack

Whenever he's deviated from that in an attempt to be more defensive we've either failed to win or have squeaked home but struggled. 

Over to you Tony. Please don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

That'd be my team. I don't want to give the impression that I've got a downer on Antonnson but what has he done to go straight back into the side ?

Archived