BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

If you speak to other teams fans Rovers is known as a good away. As a club we should encourage that, not provide them the bare minimum we have to make Vinjay happy. Get a bloody grip! We’re a football club and a good one at that, we should take pride in our facilities and hospitality.

Brian Clough also made sure his teams ground was in immaculate condition before the arrival of Leeds as he understood what it means to take pride in your club. ?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I don't want hospitality for any away fans. As far as I'm concerned visiting fans should be given a seat, toilet facilities and an open concourse

That's bloody luxury! I'd give em a bucket and an open sewer. And I'd treat the blokes no differently....and If they weren't pathetically grateful I'd take the bucket off them, and still charge them for it. Bloody Animals.

Regards,

M Thatcher.

1 hour ago, Garage Flower said:

If you speak to other teams fans Rovers is known as a good away. As a club we should encourage that, not provide them the bare minimum we have to make Vinjay happy. Get a bloody grip! We’re a football club and a good one at that, we should take pride in our facilities and hospitality.

Brian Clough also made sure his teams ground was in immaculate condition before the arrival of Leeds as he understood what it means to take pride in your club. ?

...and where did being nice get the club when the vultures circled? The facilities are perfectly good enough (I didn't say turn the away concourse into a bomb site) without needing to add screens, etc. What next hand them all a flag in their colours?

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's bloody luxury! I'd give em a bucket and an open sewer. And I'd treat the blokes no differently....and If they weren't pathetically grateful I'd take the bucket off them, and still charge them for it. Bloody Animals.

Regards,

M Thatcher.

And seconded by David Evans.

Evans was chairman of Luton Town Football Club from 1984 to 1989 (and a director from 1977 to 1990); in an attempt to end hooliganism, in 1986 he banned away fans from Luton's Kenilworth Road.

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And seconded by David Evans.

Evans was chairman of Luton Town Football Club from 1984 to 1989 (and a director from 1977 to 1990); in an attempt to end hooliganism, in 1986 he banned away fans from Luton's Kenilworth Road.

The away fan ban lasted 6 years and covered the period Luton played on a ping-pong table, which may have been the cause of the riot in the first place?

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Regards,

M Thatcher.

Reminds me of my pre-Thatcher childhood, expect we had no bucket. Not a problem, picking potatoes developed big hands.

On 07/03/2018 at 12:49, Vinjay17 said:

Not for away fans it isn't. Who cares if they sell slightly more beer. This ties into my other remark about too much acknowledgement, etc. You're not supposed to roll out the red carpet I couldn't care less about a screen for away fans.

I was talking about the fan zone behind the BBE and stage opposite the club shop.

Thinking this will be a game we huff and puff but can't blow anything down.  Narrow win to the lashers, but compliments from Bowyer for Rovers giving it a right good go. 2-1 t' donkey breeders.

Hope the Wigan game doesn’t become the PNE of last season.

A draw that felt like a defeat ruined our season and saw us finish in L1.

We need three points minimum on Saturday.

On 07/03/2018 at 13:30, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Aside from Dack, Lenihan has been our best player for the past 2 matches so we need to keep him at centre half. Smallwood is now past the 10 yellows cut off (I believe) so hopefully he'll show some more tenacity in centre mid alongside Bennett.

Other than Downing for Nyambe, that's the 11 I'd go for.

So Downing at right back?

It's this failure not to pick up more than 3 points for a win this season that means it's still in the balance. If Wigan win their 4 games in hand, earning say 4 points for each of those wins, then they'll be well clear.  :angry:

7 hours ago, Preben said:

And as a maximum?

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep, three points for a win isn't enough. I'd like six please. 

???Well that was easy.

Minimum = 3 points however we can get them

Better = 3 points and a convincing, confidence returning, performance and decent goal margin

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Hope the Wigan game doesn’t become the PNE of last season.

A draw that felt like a defeat ruined our season and saw us finish in L1.

We need three points minimum on Saturday.

The Wolves game was worse at least Preston North End had a few shots. It might have been an away game but in this case so what? You need a goal and Mowbray Magoo (as he definitely was that day) keeps the likes of Lowe on. He took him off against Villa though (who were as ineffective in attack as Wolves) what sense did that bloody make? Granted Lowe was useless so not exactly complaining there either but you get the point. Even those who thought he had some virtues (goodness knows why) know he offered nothing in an attacking sense. Barring something miraculous like the single goal he scored for the club but I scored a really good goal from distance with my left foot once. Talk about hell freezing over.

Its games like those that don't reflect well on Mowbray particularly in regards to any future ambitions. Anything that conveys weakness or feels tentative always has to be analysed. 

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

???Well that was easy.

Minimum = 3 points however we can get them

Better = 3 points and a convincing, confidence returning, performance and decent goal margin

I connot work out why posters are having a go at your statement "We need three points minimum on Saturday".

You clearly mean that we must go for a 3 point win and not the other options available of 1 point for a draw or feck all for a loss.

What are they seeing that I am not, what are they drinking that I am not.

Going to be a tough game this one, Bpool have recent wins away at Pompey and Wigan and don't lose many away from home.

But with us riding high at the top of the league and a point to prove after the Wigan draw I'm going for another win.

Rovers 2 Bpool 1

But I'd like a minimum of 4 points please EFL.

Any kind of back to basics performance and ground out win will do but I fear an awkward day it's another derby after all so no doubt Blackpool will find that extra 10% they all seem to v Rovers.

Rovers  1    Blackpool   1

Archived