BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job done. 16 points out of the last 18 since the Plymouth defeat has been a tremendous response.

Full marks to Evans today, best I’ve seen him play getting us forward, plus he had to do a lot of covering for the truly dreadful Williams and came off with by far the dirtiest kit.

And Armstrong, what an inspired Jan signing by Mowbray, that guy is going to get us up.

I didn’t actually mind when we went 4-4-2, it looked pretty good and what a pass by Conway to set up the third goal.

Both teams behind us can catch us if they win their games in hand, but we can only concentrate on our own games. It's a shame we couldn't get the points against Wigan as it would have been a big blow to Shrewsbury as well.

• Backroom
Just now, bluefred said:

Now we are in the same position we were in before the Wigan game .

Shrewsbury think otherwise

5 minutes ago, Preben said:

We won 3 points, as a minimum, and Wigan lost 2 points so we are now 5 points better off aren't we

Just looked at the league table and we're only 3 points better off so have to assume it's still only 3 maximum for a win.

Good stuff today, put me in good spirits for a week on the piste. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Just looked at the league table and we're only 3 points better off so have to assume it's still only 3 maximum for a win.

Good stuff today, put me in good spirits for a week on the piste. 

We are 5 points better off. Than we were at 3pm.

I guess simple things amuse simple minds. Have a safe trip.

Just now, Biz said:

Anyone else think Evans actually looked decent today? I don’t mean 3rd best paid player in the league “decent” like, but actually effective to some extent.

Agreed. Think he was way better than Smallwood today. 

Just now, Biz said:

Anyone else think Evans actually looked decent today? I don’t mean 3rd best paid player in the league “decent” like, but actually effective to some extent.

Evans grew into the game. I just don’t think that he is as effective as Bennett alongside Smallwood.

A current international should be dominating L1 opposition though.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

He grew onto the game. 2nd half he was good. Smallwood seems to be totally lacking in confidence.

• Backroom

A very welcome 3 points in the end - first half was crap but you just felt that the moment of class swung the game.

0-0 at half time would have given them rhe confidence to time waste to a bore draw 

Evans was decent but a silly booking  left him scared to tackle. Smallwood had a stinker alongside him!

Would have preferred Shrews to drop some points but having expected both to win wigan drawing was a nice bonus

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We are 5 points better off. Than we were at 3pm.

I guess simple things amuse simple minds. Have a safe trip.

When we drew at home to Wigan it was said we had lost 2 points so following forum logic we won 3 points and Wigan lost 2 points = 5 points difference. I didn't make these rules.

Good points, some good performances, love the way dack uses his arse to shield the ball, lenihan and Mulgrew were solid, raya done what he had to do, graham played well, hopefully injury isn’t too bad, and bennet started slow but done well at rb.

some saying Evans was good, I saw a good few misplaced passes and soft soft tackling. A few good passes doesn’t make for a good performance. Williams does some things well but others shockingly, il say it again, never known a worse headerer of the ball, square dome. Smallwood needs dropped and shipped for next season if we are in champ, what a decline over the season. 

Glad Wigan drew, wish shrews would chill out. Mowbray pass marks in the end but slow start, poor first half, diced with an equaliser before we got the second, I thought he was slow to make changes, same as last week.

bowyer should more passion on the touch line for Blackpool then he ever did with rovers, like a different manager.

anyway, marching on 

Archived