BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

More insults from you. Thats just you all over. 

Mowbray has done a better job thats why we are top. 

What all this Hurst and Shrewsbury love in? Maybe you should go on their forum on post this rubbish. 

Yes Dack was an excellent signing. Good job Mowbray signed him. 

Writing off Samuel again. You all over again. Just like you wrote off Antonsson and Bennett lack of goals. Both proved you.wrong again..

I'm sure your sole intention on this messageboard is to wind people up. I said Antonsson as a striker was not good enough, Mowbray seemed to think likewise as he soon moved him wide. And I NEVER wrote Bennett off, I said I was disspaointed on his attacking output considering his ability, so get your facts straight.

Theres no balance to your posts, saying Dack is a good signing, but defending Samuel by saying im "writing him off" as you did to Graham, but thats ok. Youve criticised Payne too, in chaddy world youve written him off.

That bold line is again the words of someone who doesnt have a proper argument, so he resorts to that. 

Who remembers George Burley, Harry Redknap, Alan Pardew, Tony Pullis and Claudio Ranieri winning Manager of the Year?

Because they achieved more than the sum of their teams parts. Just like Hurst at Shrewsbury this season.

Like it or not his team's efforts so far this are greater than the sum of Mowbray's parts, though Mowbray has done well to buck the trend at a crisis club albeit with resources to be dreamed of at third tier level. Hurst (if they go up) is to be commended, a bit like dare I say it.....Dyche when he got that lot promoted.

The unexpected vs the expected.

"Just days before the beginning of the 2017-18 League One campaign, Shrewsbury Town was the 11/8 favourites with many bookmakers to be relegated from the division......"

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Who remembers George Burley, Harry Redknap, Alan Pardew, Tony Pullis and Claudio Ranieri winning Manager of the Year?

Because they achieved more than the sum of their teams parts. Just like Hurst at Shrewsbury this season.

Like it or not his team's efforts so far this are greater than the sum of Mowbray's parts, though Mowbray has done well to buck the trend at a crisis club albeit with resources to be dreamed of at third tier level. A bit like dare I say it.....Dyce when he got that lot promoted.

Nope - doesnt count, they didnt win the league (aside from Ranieri).

As expected Blackpool were strong in wide areas and Spearing played around our static central midfield in the first half. Blackpool aren’t a bad side, they just don’t have any quality upfront, so a lot of the hard work is for nothing.

Lennihan was quality today, did everything right and was very strong.

Evans was actually quite good when he came on.

Smallwood needs a rest, he’s off the pace, id play Travis and Evans next game.

Bennett did better at right back.

Generally, I think the team needs some rotation, just because a lot of them are looking a little short of the sharpness we’ve been used to. Graham/Dack/Smallwood all could probably do with even half a game breather.

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

how has Mowbray done a better job? - i just do not see your logic. They are 'net' above us in the league having spent fck all and with a squad that was almost relegated. 

In Chaddy world - whoever wins the league wins manager of the year - Wow

Havent I posted my thoughts. 

What was the Hurst love in? Achieve nothing yet has he? Why are we even.discussing this issue? Season not ovet

25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So does this also mean that the player of the year has to be from the team that win the league too?

Well Dack would win this award for me..

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm sure your sole intention on this messageboard is to wind people up. I said Antonsson as a striker was not good enough, Mowbray seemed to think likewise as he soon moved him wide. And I NEVER wrote Bennett off, I said I was disspaointed on his attacking output considering his ability, so get your facts straight.

Theres no balance to your posts, saying Dack is a good signing, but defending Samuel by saying im "writing him off" as you did to Graham, but thats ok. Youve criticised Payne too, in chaddy world youve written him off.

That bold line is again the words of someone who doesnt have a proper argument, so he resorts to that. 

I have different opinion to you but sadly you and Jack dont like it. No wind up its different opinion. 

I said Bennett lack of goals didnt I? Maybe read what I posted perhaps?

I said Graham had become lazy and uninterest early on in the season. Since middle of december his form has vastly improved and work rate much better. Which I have posted but you ignore this time after time..

I havent written Payne off tho. Havent I said I would said previously I would sign him permanent and Mowbray can develop him further? Maybe read what people posted instead of writting the stuff you do!

Payne was poor today. 

16 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Like it or not his team's efforts so far this are greater than the sum of Mowbray's parts, though Mowbray has done well to buck the trend at a crisis club albeit with resources to be dreamed of at third tier level. Hurst (if they go up) is to be commended, a bit like dare I say it.....Dyche when he got that lot promoted.

"Just days before the beginning of the 2017-18 League One campaign, Shrewsbury Town was the 11/8 favourites with many bookmakers to be relegated from the division......"

Just to bump the last bit...

Faves for relegation and now above us if win games in hand - still think TM has done a better job than their manager?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What was the Hurst love in? Achieve nothing yet has he? Why are we even.discussing this issue? Season not over yet.

Love in? ?

It's just pointing out that a team has exceeded all expectations so far. Even if they don't go up they have still achieved far more than they all expected in August, which was potential relegation. Whilst Rovers have also achieved nothing yet, whilst looking the most likely of the two to go up, failure to attain promotion will be seen as a failure.

Not being able to see any merit in the results, so far, of Shrewsbury makes you wonder if you actually get the game at all.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Havent I posted my thoughts. 

What was the Hurst love in? Achieve nothing yet has he? Why are we even.discussing this issue? Season not ovet

Well Dack would win this award for me..

I have different opinion to you but sadly you and Jack dont like it. No wind up its different opinion. 

I said Bennett lack of goals didnt I? Maybe read what I posted perhaps?

I said Graham had become lazy and uninterest early on in the season. Since middle of december his form has vastly improved and work rate much better. Which I have posted but you ignore this time after time..

I havent written Payne off tho. Havent I said I would said previously I would sign him permanent and Mowbray can develop him further? Maybe read what people posted instead of writting the stuff you do!

Payne was poor today. 

The ignorance in the Hirst achieving nothing yet is deliciously short sighted, neither has Mowbray! No one has, we arent at the end of the season, meaning the whole conversation is obviously hypothetical based on what has happened so far. The phrase "love in" is childish to the extreme.

How can you write off a lack of goals, it doesnt make any sense. I said he hadnt scored, it was a fact! I never said he wont score any goals, I said I expected more from in that regard. I have no idea how that comment can attract ridicule. 

Regarding Graham, I appreciate the opinion you had, and the appreciation of his improvement. What im arguing, is that if ive "written Samuel off," then by the same token you wrote Graham off.

And the Payne comment was a bit of a mockery, based on the fact that if anyone criticises any aspect of anyones performance, you are saying they have been written off.

Bit of a minor point, but Conway did pretty well when he came on, great pass for the 3rd, I stand by my thoughts that he would have been a clever sub at 2 nil last week. Very intelligent footballer, whose age has caused much of what caused him to be such a good Championship player for us a few years ago, but he still has intelligence and the ability to win free kicks. Wouldnt keep him on next season but im sure he will get a good send off, hopefully as we parade the title round the pitch.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The ignorance in the Hirst achieving nothing yet is deliciously short sighted, neither has Mowbray! No one has, we arent at the end of the season, meaning the whole conversation is obviously hypothetical based on what has happened so far. The phrase "love in" is childish to the extreme.

How can you write off a lack of goals, it doesnt make any sense. I said he hadnt scored, it was a fact! I never said he wont score any goals, I said I expected more from in that regard. I have no idea how that comment can attract ridicule. 

Regarding Graham, I appreciate the opinion you had, and the appreciation of his improvement. What im arguing, is that if ive "written Samuel off," then by the same token you wrote Graham off.

And the Payne comment was a bit of a mockery, based on the fact that if anyone criticises any aspect of anyones performance, you are saying they have been written off.

is Hurst not Hirst btw. 

not childish to the extreme at all its that you disagree about this issue. stop to blowing things out of the water. 

Bennett adds more to this team than most and that is vital at the day. I named them previously so I wont bored you with them again. We have loads of players who can score in this team and singling out Bennett for a lack of goals is pathetic

But I haven't written off Graham but comment on his work rate, lack of goals, desire and Interest in being here. since then we seen a vast improvement which I said publicly on here. So no way did I write him off but wanted an improvement if he stayed here. Samuel you called a rubbish signing  which he hasn't been this season. He has had decent spells at time but the last 2 or so months He has loss confidence and self believe which is a shame as I think he has a talent in there. 

I don't apprenticed you saying that I Written off Payne which I haven't so why did you say this and lied about my comments on here?  deffo a talent and someone Ive said I would sign if we could here. I've said Payne was poor today as other posters have today on here and social media. 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bit of a minor point, but Conway did pretty well when he came on, great pass for the 3rd, I stand by my thoughts that he would have been a clever sub at 2 nil last week. Very intelligent footballer, whose age has caused much of what caused him to be such a good Championship player for us a few years ago, but he still has intelligence and the ability to win free kicks. Wouldnt keep him on next season but im sure he will get a good send off, hopefully as we parade the title round the pitch.

I would keep him next season. experience and knowledge of championship is what we need. a bit part player but someone Chapman could learn of alot

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you don’t think Hurst (manager of a team expected to be relegated) to be praised but praise Mowbray (manager of the team favourite for promotion) because the season isn’t over whilst the two teams are neck and neck.

I’m just not seeing the logic here

Hurst manager of year for me, happily take him at rovers. Without meaning to be big headed, for them to still be worrying us at this stage is remarkable, Leicester cityish. I still have major questions over Mowbrays suitability long term. Think he has made a lot of tactical mistakes and despite winning games we very rarely look dominant. Blackpool were all over us at points yesterday, 3-0 very flattering as their keeper saved one long effort from dack and other than that he was picking ball out the net. Luckily for us Delfounso is still and will always be cack. 

But no in summary Mowbray isn’t fantastic as some would have you believe 

4 hours ago, Tom said:

So you don’t think Hurst (manager of a team expected to be relegated) to be praised but praise Mowbray (manager of the team favourite for promotion) because the season isn’t over whilst the two teams are neck and neck.

I’m just not seeing the logic here

'Twas ever thus.

Oh boy, we love a good argument don't we.

I was rather concerned about this one but we won easily in the end. I still think Payne will come good for us but absolutely delighted by Armstrong whom I thought was the less likely of these two to show for us- how wrong I was!

Two of our less august players this season, Evans and Conway, showed they still have it in them to play well above this level. This could be important in view of my next question:

Any news on the Graham and Nyambe injuries?

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

Oh boy, we love a good argument don't we.

I was rather concerned about this one but we won easily in the end. I still think Payne will come good for us but absolutely delighted by Armstrong whom I thought was the less likely of these two to show for us- how wrong I was!

Two of our less august players this season, Evans and Conway, showed they still have it in them to play well above this level. This could be important in view of my next question:

Any news on the Graham and Nyambe injuries?

Graham is fine now. Nyambe not so fine, done a Hammy so I expect he's out for a while 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats a totally flawed comparison.

If City were 5 points clear of Burnley but they had 2 games in hand, then Pep or Dyche would be a fair comparison.

Incredibly narrow minded decision.

Liverpool and city both aiming for the title, klopp has a net profit in transfers and has his team 3rd. Pep has outspent his rivals. Ultimately success or failure is winning here. Also about the rest, style of play, revamping squad, I don’t judge it solely on league position.

Also love this expectation that we are going to beat every opponent and finish first...Leeds United, Southampton, Sheffield United- three clubs who spent a considerable amount of time in league one and they had the best budgets. Tony also had seven years of squad stripping, fans unrest and unruly owners to contend with...its not just about having the best budget.

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not sure. I genuinely feel that we are where we are largely because of the quality of personnel available (relative to the rest of the league) rather than his tactics (especially his in-game changes). Where I will give him great credit though is that he has created an incredible team spirit. The players have really bonded. Turning a squad of individuals into a tight-knit group who all want to play for one another. Obviously, he has also made some shrewd attacking additions and integrated them really well.

Fitness is now going to be the biggest worry IMV. Lose Dack or Mulgrew and it could be tough (although Chapman would be a like-for-like for Dack, we would rely on moving Williams and bringing in Bell). Bennett having to cover right back is already a bit of a blow.

Not convinced about manager of the season but team of the season, quite possibly.

Absolutely no doubt about it we do have the best squad in the league, but you've got to make them gel, you've got to bring in the right personnel and Mowbray is well on the way to achieving that after 12 months in charge.

Bowyer was throwing cash around at one stage and we never looked like play off contenders never mind  promotion candidates, so budgets alone don't guarantee success.

Lambert walked due to lack of communication with the owners, lack of budget and players contracts not being sorted out. Mowbray not only seems to have taken a lead on all those issues, he's also built a side capable of winning the league, and in any line of work that's a remarkable turnaround in 12 months.

Pots don't get given out in March, but a 3rd division championship trophy is well within our reach and that for the most part is down to Mowbray. 

Archived