BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

13 hours ago, Biz said:

Anyone else think Evans actually looked decent today? I don’t mean 3rd best paid player in the league “decent” like, but actually effective to some extent.

I’ve just had this pointed out to me... there’s an international break coming up. Should’ve known there was a reason :) 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said Graham had become lazy and uninterest early on in the season. Since middle of december his form has vastly improved and work rate much better. Which I have posted but you ignore this time after time..

This is what makes you the most maddening poster on here. You did write Graham off. Earlier in the season you posted a list of players you urged TM to get rid of and Graham was on that list! Nowhere did you suggest giving him he chance to recover his form as you are now implying. Admit it man. To get rid of Graham would have been a bloody disaster!

You are a hypocrite to criticise others for writing players off!

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

This is what makes you the most maddening poster on here. You did write Graham off. Earlier in the season you posted a list of players you urged TM to get rid of and Graham was on that list! Nowhere did you suggest giving him he chance to recover his form as you are now implying. Admit it man. To get rid of Graham would have been a bloody disaster!

You are a hypocrite to criticise others for writing players off!

And almost everyone else wrote Mowbray off....we had a thread created just to ram home the fact, you might have participated.

To get rid of him would have been an absolute disaster.

:rolleyes:

We all get it wrong, but chasing people round the site like the above is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

And almost everyone else wrote Mowbray off....we had a thread created just to ram home the fact.

A minimum of 3 pages to follow discussing the deeper meaning of 'absolute disaster', and aeroplanes :rover:

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Oh boy, we love a good argument don't we.

I was rather concerned about this one but we won easily in the end. I still think Payne will come good for us but absolutely delighted by Armstrong whom I thought was the less likely of these two to show for us- how wrong I was!

Two of our less august players this season, Evans and Conway, showed they still have it in them to play well above this level. This could be important in view of my next question:

Any news on the Graham and Nyambe injuries?

Nyambe probably out for the season, Graham is fine. Dislocated a rib but it popped back into place 5 mins after coming off.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

And almost everyone else wrote Mowbray off....we had a thread created just to ram home the fact.

With good reason then responded  by saying they where delighted at being  wrong. Admitting they got it wrong. It's the people that questioned mowbray at the start of the season who are usually the most reasonable posters as they don't just bury their head in the sand or have blind loyalty. Probably the same people questioning Samuels attitude and work rate. The same ones who questioned Graham's attitude and said he needed to give more because he would be vital to our success. It's no coincidence since he knuckled down TM is a football genius

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What all this Hurst and Shrewsbury love in? Maybe you should go on their forum on post this rubbish. 

Chaddy what Hurst has achieved this season is nothing short of amazing.  His team has one of the smallest budgets in the league and were tipped for relegation.  He has moulded them into a very effective unit and got them fighting for automatic promotion.  Regardless of what happens from hereon it is right to show some respect/appreciation of what he and his team have achieved on what is a shoe string budget compared to the likes of Wigan and Rovers.

Just now, Pedro said:

Nyambe probably out for the season, Graham is fine. Dislocated a rib but it popped back into place 5 mins after coming off.

If Nyambe is going to be out for a while the best option in my opinion is Travis. Although he can play several positions I think he is a more natural full back than Bennett and would offer the team more.

3 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Chaddy what Hurst has achieved this season is nothing short of amazing.  His team has one of the smallest budgets in the league and were tipped for relegation.  He has moulded them into a very effective unit and got them fighting for automatic promotion.  Regardless of what happens from hereon it is right to show some respect/appreciation of what he and his team have achieved on what is a shoe string budget compared to the likes of Wigan and Rovers.

Posters don't show respect for Rovers achievements Kamy, so asking for Shrewsburys to be taken into account is a bridge to far in my opinion.

Ironically the ones advocating Shrewsbury are the same who have been on that forum for months calling them sh1te!

Only in Brfcville..

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

And almost everyone else wrote Mowbray off....we had a thread created just to ram home the fact, you might have participated.

We all get it wrong, but chasing people round the site like the above is pathetic.

What a load of crap Gav! Its not about being wrong, we all do that. Its about refusing to admit it, pretending you said something else and attacking other people at the same time for being wrong and then highlighting your "successes"!

In short its typical Chaddy, long,long history of this rubbish, Bowyer being a great example, but just one of many.

And who's "chasing people around the site'? The straw man again?

Finally-----Biz likes your post, you should be ashamed! :P

49 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I didn't know you could dislocated a rib! 

Great 3 points. Shrewsbury keep rolling on. Won 4 out of 5, lost one in 20 odd games and still not in our hands. Amazing. 

Wonder if this year will require a record points total to finish top two, like last year when we got relegated with enough points to be near mid table the year before  

13 minutes ago, benhben said:

I didn't know you could dislocated a rib! 

Great 3 points. Shrewsbury keep rolling on. Won 4 out of 5, lost one in 20 odd games and still not in our hands. Amazing. 

Wonder if this year will require a record points total to finish top two, like last year when we got relegated with enough points to be near mid table the year before  

And still top of the league.

4 hours ago, imy9 said:

Liverpool and city both aiming for the title, klopp has a net profit in transfers and has his team 3rd. Pep has outspent his rivals. Ultimately success or failure is winning here. Also about the rest, style of play, revamping squad, I don’t judge it solely on league position.

Also love this expectation that we are going to beat every opponent and finish first...Leeds United, Southampton, Sheffield United- three clubs who spent a considerable amount of time in league one and they had the best budgets. Tony also had seven years of squad stripping, fans unrest and unruly owners to contend with...its not just about having the best budget.

To clarify, I've never said that Mowbray has done anything but a good job so far this season, nor has anyone that ive seen, we are top at the moment amidst a close 3 horse race. We was expected to at the start of the season, we had some really good high earners we could keep, and we had the highest budget to add to that, leaving Mowbray to even say what kind of manager would he be if he failed. But hes not at the moment, hes doing a good job and hes matching the expectations we had of him, which is brilliant to see, and he deserves the credit he gets, the fans singing his name etc.

That said, its not a slight on him to suggest that a manager has taken a team that nearly went down last season, and with such a meagre budget, managed to transform them so quickly to become title contenders, neck and neck with the undoubted 2 favourites from day 1 due to their far superior resources, is in my opinion doing the most amazing job out of the 3, far, far surpassing expectations.

Them teams you mentioned obviously were poorly managed, but going back to my point, ive never said that its a piece of cake to do what Mowbray does, he deserve credit and respect for it, but on the flip side he was in the best position of any of the 24 League 1 managers to achieve what hes doing.

In regards to the squad stripping, that doesnt apply this season, the only players we lost in the summer were out of contract and we didnt use them in the main, the fans have been brilliant from the start, ever since filling out the away end at Southend theyve been brilliant all season, certainly no toxic atmosphere there, and as much as I hate the owners, they wouldnt have been an excuse this season, as they let him keep his best players, spend big in this division to add to them and hes been allowed to get on to it.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Posters don't show respect for Rovers achievements Kamy, so asking for Shrewsburys to be taken into account is a bridge to far in my opinion.

Ironically the ones advocating Shrewsbury are the same who have been on that forum for months calling them sh1te!

Only in Brfcville..

That comment is unfair, Mowbray gets plenty of praise for the job hes doing, and im not saying that this what you are implying but suggesting that Hirst deserves manager of the season is not a slight on Mowbray, just saying that the former has done an unbelievable job.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

I’ve just had this pointed out to me... there’s an international break coming up. Should’ve known there was a reason :) 

Conspiracy alert :P

... but yes it's true, I was actually impressed with him v Wigan and yesterday. At least this time we've had a couple of shifts out of him instead of the usual passenger I don't want to risk injury type standard Evans pre International performance.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I haven't written off Graham but comment on his work rate, lack of goals, desire and Interest in being here. since then we seen a vast improvement which I said publicly on here. So no way did I write him off but wanted an improvement if he stayed here. 

One of your problems Chaddy is you try and change what you said instead of just admitting you were wrong.

You didn't write him off? You didn't write him off !!!!!! :o:o:o

So why did you say:-

"Graham was pathetic. Lazy tonight. Time to get shut"

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33069-rovers-v-fleetwood/&do=findComment&comment=1801669

"Graham needs to be sold or released in January"

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33032-blackburn-rovers-fc-v-plymouth-argyle-fc/&do=findComment&comment=1797757

No ifs or buts in there. Sorry, but that is writing him off. The comments were over 2 weeks apart so hardly knee-jerk.

24 minutes ago, jodrell said:

by the way on Hurst he has also got them to a wembley cup final.

Far and way the best manager in League 1 this season. Mowbray and Cook are driving Ferrari's, Hurst is driving a Mini Metro, yet he has still kept up for three quarters of the season and got to a Wembley.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Exactly Gav. 

I remember the Mowbray thread and who started it and why. 

My view back then was keep Mowbray and he would achieve our target. I show faith, respect, believe and patience plus back Mowbray completely whilst other posters complained about my stance and told me I was wrong. Shame other posters couldnt have show the same patience and believe in Mowbray. 

3 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

Kamy, you know I respect you and your views but I agree with Gav reply to your post. 

Hurst has done a good job. I suggest Adams at Plymouth has good job this season last night. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Only in Brfcville..

Exactly Gav. 

18 minutes ago, Hasta said:

One of your problems Chaddy is you try and change what you said instead of just admitting you were wrong.

You didn't write him off? You didn't write him off !!!!!! :o:o:o

So why did you say:-

"Graham was pathetic. Lazy tonight. Time to get shut"

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33069-rovers-v-fleetwood/&do=findComment&comment=1801669

"Graham needs to be sold or released in January"

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33032-blackburn-rovers-fc-v-plymouth-argyle-fc/&do=findComment&comment=1797757

No ifs or buts in there. Sorry, but that is writing him off. The comments were over 2 weeks apart so hardly knee-jerk.

His performances was awful during that spell of games. His work rate was awful, lack of goals, lazy, uninterested. 

His performances vastly improved and finally showing his true form and attitude that he should have been performancing since start of the season..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Gav. 

My view back then was keep Mowbray and he would achieve our target. I show faith, respect, believe and patience plus back Mowbray completely whilst other posters complained about my stance and told me I was wrong. Shame other posters couldnt have show the same patience and believe in Mowbray. 

Kamy, you know I respect you and your views but I agree with Gav reply to your post. 

Hurst has done a good job. I suggest Adams at Plymouth has good job this season last night. 

Exactly Gav. 

His performances was awful during that spell of games. His work rate was awful, lack of goals, lazy, uninterested. 

His performances vastly improved and finally showing his true form and attitude that he should have been performancing since start of the season..

The reason that alot of people were doubtful at Mowbray at the time was because we was toiling inconsistently around the fringes of the play off, and there was very few signs that wed go on a run of 1 loss in 25. It looked like blind faith at the time, the reason that people were getting twitchy was because at that time the result werent good enough, therefore it was right to put his job into question. As it were, we stuck and hes pulled out the bag an excellent run of consistency and receive nothing but justified praise. Why is there this myth being peddled about that no one has any respect or appreciation for him now? Hes receiving unanimous support so get that chip off your shoulder.

Its pretty simple, when results were below expectations, people had doubts, now hes matching expecations and getting results, Mowbray has full support, surely its correct that people judge on results?

You are missing what I think@Hasta is trying to say, and what I have also said. You are ridiculing people for "writing players off", even though theres evidence in front of your eyes that if thats what you think other people have done, then you are guilty of exactly the same. Then rather than admit that, you go off on a tangent.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So just to confirm, showing patience in Mowbray is OK, but not showing patience in Graham is also OK?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy should be a politician. He answers the point he wants to answerrather  than the question that was asked.

But just clarify Chaddy, even though you kept saying you didn't write Graham off, you actually did write him off.

Shame on you. Get behind the lads FFS. We don't need negative fans.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The reason that alot of people were doubtful at Mowbray at the time was because we was toiling inconsistently around the fringes of the play off, and there was very few signs that wed go on a run of 1 loss in 25. It looked like blind faith at the time, the reason that people were getting twitchy was because at that time the result werent good enough, therefore it was right to put his job into question. As it were, we stuck and hes pulled out the bag an excellent run of consistency and receive nothing but justified praise. Why is there this myth being peddled about that no one has any respect or appreciation for him now? Hes receiving unanimous support so get that chip off your shoulder.

Its pretty simple, when results were below expectations, people had doubts, now hes matching expecations and getting results, Mowbray has full support, surely its correct that people judge on results?

You are missing what I think@Hasta is trying to say, and what I have also said. You are ridiculing people for "writing players off", even though theres evidence in front of your eyes that if thats what you think other people have done, then you are guilty of exactly the same. Then rather than admit that, you go off on a tangent.

If you use the starting point that @chaddyrovers is always right, even when he's proved wrong, it saves a lot of time banging your head on a wall in astonishment.

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Gav. 

Exactly Gav. 

Are you Blackburns answer to Alan partridge because I'm starting to think your quite the genius

Archived