BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The reason that alot of people were doubtful at Mowbray at the time was because we was toiling inconsistently around the fringes of the play off, and there was very few signs that wed go on a run of 1 loss in 25. It looked like blind faith at the time, the reason that people were getting twitchy was because at that time the result werent good enough, therefore it was right to put his job into question. As it were, we stuck and hes pulled out the bag an excellent run of consistency and receive nothing but justified praise. Why is there this myth being peddled about that no one has any respect or appreciation for him now? Hes receiving unanimous support so get that chip off your shoulder.

Its pretty simple, when results were below expectations, people had doubts, now hes matching expecations and getting results, Mowbray has full support, surely its correct that people judge on results?

You are missing what I think@Hasta is trying to say, and what I have also said. You are ridiculing people for "writing players off", even though theres evidence in front of your eyes that if thats what you think other people have done, then you are guilty of exactly the same. Then rather than admit that, you go off on a tangent.

Thats why you judge over a season. 

NOT after 11 games. 

Always believe in Mowbray from day 1 and have faith it would time for us to adapt to this league just like it did when Souness was manager of us in championship when we promote. 

Far too many people get nervous and twitchy in football.

Results weren't shocking poor as we were 6th or 7th at the time. 

But its take players time to adapt to the league, teammates and Mowbray tactics/style of play.

I could understand if we were 18th after 11 games and having those concerns. 

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Chaddy should be a politician. He answers the point he wants to answerrather  than the question that was asked.

But just clarify Chaddy, even though you kept saying you didn't write Graham off, you actually did write him off.

Shame on you. Get behind the lads FFS. We don't need negative fans.

I'm negative fan?:lol:

Very positive person and fan. Always shouting positive and encourage comments during the game. Do you? 

Your question was answer but not the way and answer wasnt what you want. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Far and way the best manager in League 1 this season. Mowbray and Cook are driving Ferrari's, Hurst is driving a Mini Metro, yet he has still kept up for three quarters of the season and got to a Wembley.

I don't see it as clear cut as that, just because we are all familiar with Rovers and Wigan's squads it doesn't mean that they are loads better than Shrewsbury's squad who many of us had never heard of before.  Maybe the Shrewsbury players are a lot better than people anticipated. I know they flirted with relegation last season but how many of those are the same players?

I'd suggest that at this stage of the season the top three are probably within the best five teams in the league at least. Yes us and Wigan may well have a more expensive squad but again that's just a figure, it guarantees nothing. A player is only worth what a manager is prepared to pay for them.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats why you judge over a season. 

NOT after 11 games. 

Always believe in Mowbray from day 1 and have faith it would time for us to adapt to this league just like it did when Souness was manager of us in championship when we promote. 

Far too many people get nervous and twitchy in football.

Results weren't shocking poor as we were 6th or 7th at the time. 

But its take players time to adapt to the league, teammates and Mowbray tactics/style of play.

I could understand if we were 18th after 11 games and having those concerns. 

I'm negative fan?:lol:

Very positive person and fan. Always shouting positive and encourage comments during the game. Do you? 

You say judge over a season but how could we judge after a season when only 11 games had been played?! Just as people now can only judge after 36 games. That argument is stupid, you can only judge at the point in time that your at, should people withhold all opinion and debate, close the messageboard and only discuss the season once its finished?

At the time, there was very little sign that wed have been capable of the consistent run that followed. Results were inconsistent, wed already lost 4 games and had no obvious style, he didnt know his best team, so the concerns at the time and the criticism was fair. Just as the praise is now fair. Your sole argument if I recall was get behind him FFS, and considering you had a similar stance under managers like Appleton, and even with Coyle you took a while to come round.

And in regards to that about being a negative fan, sarcasm im guessing isnt your strong point.

5 minutes ago, Andy Kennedys Hairdo said:

Strange match yesterday. Not great from Rovers but got the points which I suppose is all that matters. Thought Corry Evans, who I've called to high heaven for the past couple of seasons, had a good game yesterday when he came on. Happy to hold my hand up on that one. Long may it continue.

Thank you for your input on yesterdays match.

A very welcome change from the current episode in the long running saga of whose willy is the biggest.

4 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

I don't see it as clear cut as that, just because we are all familiar with Rovers and Wigan's squads it doesn't mean that they are loads better than Shrewsbury's squad who many of us had never heard of before.  Maybe the Shrewsbury players are a lot better than people anticipated. I know they flirted with relegation last season but how many of those are the same players?

I'd suggest that at this stage of the season the top three are probably within the best five teams in the league at least. Yes us and Wigan may well have a more expensive squad but again that's just a figure, it guarantees nothing. A player is only worth what a manager is prepared to pay for them.

Tehy were one of the favorites for relegation at the start of the season - we were favourites to be champions.

13 minutes ago, Andy Kennedys Hairdo said:

Strange match yesterday. Not great from Rovers but got the points which I suppose is all that matters. Thought Corry Evans, who I've called to high heaven for the past couple of seasons, had a good game yesterday when he came on. Happy to hold my hand up on that one. Long may it continue.

As Biz pointed out - amazing how Evans suddenly looks like a footballer when an Ireland match is looming.

8 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

I was talking budget. Hurst has done a lot more with a lot less.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You say judge over a season but how could we judge after a season when only 11 games had been played?! Just as people now can only judge after 36 games. That argument is stupid, you can only judge at the point in time that your at, should people withhold all opinion and debate, close the messageboard and only discuss the season once its finished?

At the time, there was very little sign that wed have been capable of the consistent run that followed. Results were inconsistent, wed already lost 4 games and had no obvious style, he didnt know his best team, so the concerns at the time and the criticism was fair. Just as the praise is now fair. Your sole argument if I recall was get behind him FFS, and considering you had a similar stance under managers like Appleton, and even with Coyle you took a while to come round.

And in regards to that about being a negative fan, sarcasm im guessing isnt your strong point.

I back Mowbray at the time as I didnt see the reason to sack him. I have alot believe and faith in him and players. He built a new squad and try to play differently. Both take to time to adapt to. Now we top of the league with 1 defeat in 25 games. So lets move on. 

Yes I back Appleton as you said. He was trying to rebuild a football club and he knew that playing squad we had wasnt good enough to get promotion. Plus the Shebby, Agnew and Shaw here it was one massive mess of a club. We should have appoint Holloway after Kean left. Also didnt Dalglish recommend Shearer for the job here then aswell?

Give Coyle a chance but we knew very quickly he wasnt good enough. Shame it took us so long to sack him. Not back at all. But Ive always said when sacking a manager you got to have a new manager line up. Like we seen at Watford, Boro who did this. Whilst we seen the messes at WBA and Sunderland who took ages to appoint new managers

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You didn't answer the question although I didn't ask it properly. So I will ask it again.

Following your quotes back in October posted above, do you now accept that you DID write Graham off, even though you stated earlier that you didn't? 

Just now, Hasta said:

You didn't answer the question although I didn't ask it properly. So I will ask it again.

Following your quotes back in October posted above, do you now accept that you DID write Graham off, even though you stated earlier that you didn't? 

Good luck - Chaddy never admits when wrong and just tries to change it all around. Nobody is allowed to judge a manager until end of season but Chaddy can judge a player mid-season.

He makes the rules up as he goes along. Even manager of the year should always be the manager of the league winners. Also, England players are not picked because of their stats or form for their clubs.

44 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm going to keep quoting this until he does answer, especially as he had a go at another poster for not answering his question earlier.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I was talking budget. Hurst has done a lot more with a lot less.

Again I'd say not entirely as clear cut as just that. I think Shrewsbury have signed most of the players on loan, whereas Mowbray has signed players like Dack for a fee, most will agree will be a sound investment should the club decide to sell him in the future.

Also we cant gauge the work either manager had had to behind the scenes, we know TM has rebuilt the scouting system from scratch pretty much and had to deal with complete basket case owners.

I think it's fair to say both have done pretty well up to now this season.

Just now, pk1875 said:

Again I'd say not entirely as clear cut as just that. I think Shrewsbury have signed most of the players on loan, whereas Mowbray has signed players like Dack for a fee, most will agree will be a sound investment should the club decide to sell him in the future.

That's because Hurst couldn't afford to spend £500k on a sub striker and £750k on Dack. That's the point. It's entirely clear cut.

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's because Hurst couldn't afford to spend £500k on a sub striker and £750k on Dack. That's the point. It's entirely clear cut.

Why haven't Liverpool won the premiership? Spent over £1bn trying? Spurs £700m? If it's just down to money as you say?

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

No!

I fully explained my views on Graham and praised him for his improvement in the past few months

Archived