BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

All the talk anout who is the League one manager of the season is pretty redundant at this stage as any one of the three Clubs vying for automatic promotion could yet implode ,fall int the play offs and subseqently miss out on promotion altogether. Should their manager get the award over the 2 promoted sides? Of course not, the manager of the Club that finishes top will no doubt get the award although I'd say even if Shrewsbury were to finish second behind us, in real terms that would be the more impressive of the two accomplishments given the respective budgets.

As for yesterday's game, I thought we were terrible but the result could hardly have ended up any better had we had a stormer. At 1-0 I would gladly have taken that scoreline but 2 cracking late goals added a really flattering look to proceedings. As was so often the case earlier in the season when we weren't playing well it was the Bradley Dack show for an hour and he largely carried us although Armstrong had another decent game as well. Great to see Bennett finally doing what he should be doing recently and chipping in with a few goals and assists. Slightly worried by Graham, after a good run would say he's had a couple of really poor games again against Wigan and yesterday.

Overall great result and we move on but we'll probably have to play better in the remaining games.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No!

I fully explained my views on Graham and praised him for his improvement in the past few months

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You said you wanted shut of him. You said we should sell him or release him in January.

How is that not writing him off !

Now you will start using the old "I'm not explaining it again" line when you haven't explained it at all.

Im filing this one alongside your other classic of  "I never said I wouldn't get a season ticket if we appointed Owen Coyle"

Admit you were wrong to write him of Chaddy. It will be a weight off your shoulders. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No!

I fully explained my views on Graham and praised him for his improvement in the past few months

NO!!!!??? 

1 "Graham was pathetic, lazy tonight. Time to get shut imo". 

2 " For Graham need to be sold or release in January and we need to bring in 2 strikers in".

Fu#k sake Chaddy , you couldn't lie straight in bed!

No wonder Abbey use to have melt downs with your dribbling two face replies.

Just now, Gav said:

Why haven't Liverpool won the premiership? Spent over £1bn trying? Spurs £700m? If it's just down to money as you say?

How long has it taken Liverpool to spend 1 billion? (If they ever have) The 26 years since the Premier League started? Citeh must have spent the thick end of that in the last 5 or 6 seasons alone. Spurs net spend must also be miniscule in comparison to Chelsea and the 2 Manchester Clubs after allowing for outgoings  such as Bale etc.

22 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

I wasn't Lenihans biggest fan last season, this season he's been brilliant! Got a bright future in the game!

Perhaps his time out has given him some new found enthusiasm, that or he's playing for a move.

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How long has it taken Liverpool to spend 1 billion? (If they ever have) The 26 years since the Premier League started? Citeh must have spent the thick end of that in the last 5 or 6 seasons alone. Spurs net spend must also be miniscule in comparison to Chelsea and the 2 Manchester Clubs after allowing for outgoings  such as Bale etc.

Rafa spent almost £300m on his own Rev.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Why haven't Liverpool won the premiership? Spent over £1bn trying? Spurs £700m? If it's just down to money as you say?

Its not down just to money, but surely you understand that having more money than all your rivals also brings with it much higher expectations?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not down just to money, but surely you understand that having more money than all your rivals also brings with it much higher expectations?

Expectations count for nothing though. If healthy wage budgets and hanging onto a few players who got you relegated last season makes the manager’s job a cakewalk, why are Sunderland propping up the Championship?

Also, could someone please open a ‘What Chaddy Said’ thread so the sentient posters not obsessed with what some bloke on the internet may or may not have said six months ago can enjoy the rest of the message board.

31 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Expectations count for nothing though. If healthy wage budgets and hanging onto a few players who got you relegated last season makes the manager’s job a cakewalk, why are Sunderland propping up the Championship?

Also, could someone please open a ‘What Chaddy Said’ thread so the sentient posters not obsessed with what some bloke on the internet may or may not have said six months ago can enjoy the rest of the message board.

Sunderland have had to fill their squad with loans though, they sold their only 2 good players in Defoe and Pickford and had no money to replace them.

If say we were 18th, Mowbray couldnt stroll in to a board room and say expectations count for nothing. You have to acknowledge that having alot more money is an advantage even if its not the be all and end all.

No one ever said its a "cake walk" and i said Mowbrays doing a good job, but that Hirsts lack of resources make the job hes doing all the more impressive.

Dalglish must've spent over 50 mill straight off on his return to red plastic land ?

Mind Suarez turned out a good investment but the others .....

Also i think the idea was to challenge the top two lol

Graham didn’t have a good game because he got zero service yesterday. Armstrong is more suited to play up top with him rather than out on the left, Payne had a shocker out on the right. So effectively everything was through dack in the middle meaning he was 2v1 a lot of the time. Smallwood and Williams were also shocking and not helping matters 

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You said you wanted shut of him. You said we should sell him or release him in January.

How is that not writing him off !

Now you will start using the old "I'm not explaining it again" line when you haven't explained it at all.

Im filing this one alongside your other classic of  "I never said I wouldn't get a season ticket if we appointed Owen Coyle"

Admit you were wrong to write him of Chaddy. It will be a weight off your shoulders. 

I feel no weight on my shoulders at all tho Hasta. 

I explained me changing my mind on buying season ticket when Coyle was appointed. Its a really shame, sad and pathetic you have gone back to that happened 21 months ago. Yes 21 months ago. 

Yes it was explained to you regarding my Graham's comments but sadly you wont accept my views and explaination. So thats your problem not mine pal. So either move on or just be ignored from now on. 

I’ve hidden I don’t know how many posts this evening. 

Any more baiting or insulting posts and I’ll be handing out bans in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I’ve hidden I don’t know how many posts this evening. 

Any more baiting or insulting posts and I’ll be handing out bans in the morning. 

You mean there was more of this rubbish!

3 points collected and wigwam dropped points, you’d think we’d all be happy

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What did people think of the ref being from Premier League and his performance? 

My view is I was surprise a ref was refereeing a game at this level. Thought he did ok tbh. No major decisions to make. 

Probert seems to have slipped down the PL pecking order, only 12 PL appointments this season so far.

I suppose he gets FL games to keep in tune, a bit like playing a footballer for the Reserves..... or as a punishment...

I actually think Probert is a decent enough Ref.

5 hours ago, Jim Royle said:

You mean there was more of this rubbish!

3 points collected and wigwam dropped points, you’d think we’d all be happy

Yes and yes. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes in some ways you're right 99, but to believe that having a healthy budget will guarantee success is simply wrong and ignoring the job Mowbray has done over the past 12 months.

He took over a basket case of a club, a side full of absolute rubbish , a club where losing had become a habit and he's turned things completely around, it's a tremendous achievement, it really is.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What did people think of the ref being from Premier League and his performance? 

My view is I was surprise a ref was refereeing a game at this level. Thought he did ok tbh. No major decisions to make. 

Thought he was needlessly whistle happy at times, especially first half, anytime graham challenged for a header he was getting pulled up, hence the ironic cheering when we finally got one our way. Dack also got clattered a few times and didn’t get the foul it warranted 

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Found that link yet to back up your highly ignorant comment?

You believe money guarantees success and I know it doesn't, let's leave it at that.  

Archived