BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel no weight on my shoulders at all tho Hasta. 

I explained me changing my mind on buying season ticket when Coyle was appointed. Its a really shame, sad and pathetic you have gone back to that happened 21 months ago. Yes 21 months ago. 

Yes it was explained to you regarding my Graham's comments but sadly you wont accept my views and explaination. So thats your problem not mine pal. So either move on or just be ignored from now on. 

You still don't get it Chaddy. It's not what you have said or done since. It's the fact that you denied saying the comments in the first place and won't admit you were wrong to say them.

The reason I keep bringing it up, despite a splattering of people saying they don't want to read this stuff, is because it's incredibly frustrating. You are someone who constantly gives his view on matters on the message board (which is the whole purpose). Now I'm not saying you are definitely a WUM but you can't give one view one day, then deny you ever said it when it suits your point of view at a later date. It just makes you question whether the poster is saying their actual opinion, or they are just taking that stance because it goes against the grain at the time.  Judging by the number of reactions to my original post I would say a lot of people feel the same way. I've never had so many notifications !!

It'd be like Gav wanting Big Sam back at Rovers or Rev giving Bennett player of the year, and denying they ever had issues with them in the first place. 

I called Downing a last minute panic buy who would be a disaster for Rovers but I've since held my hand up and said fair play to the guy - I was wrong. All you had to do was admit that you wrote Graham off at Rovers and that you made a mistake but you refuse to do that.

8 hours ago, Jim Royle said:

You mean there was more of this rubbish!

3 points collected and wigwam dropped points, you’d think we’d all be happy

Only 8400 fans at Wigan too for what was a big game.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

You still don't get it Chaddy. It's not what you have said or done since. It's the fact that you denied saying the comments in the first place and won't admit you were wrong to say them.

The reason I keep bringing it up, despite a splattering of people saying they don't want to read this stuff, is because it's incredibly frustrating. You are someone who constantly gives his view on matters on the message board (which is the whole purpose). Now I'm not saying you are definitely a WUM but you can't give one view one day, then deny you ever said it when it suits your point of view at a later date. It just makes you question whether the poster is saying their actual opinion, or they are just taking that stance because it goes against the grain at the time.  Judging by the number of reactions to my original post I would say a lot of people feel the same way. I've never had so many notifications !!

It'd be like Gav wanting Big Sam back at Rovers or Rev giving Bennett player of the year, and denying they ever had issues with them in the first place. 

I called Downing a last minute panic buy who would be a disaster for Rovers but I've since held my hand up and said fair play to the guy - I was wrong. All you had to do was admit that you wrote Graham off at Rovers and that you made a mistake but you refuse to do that.

This, in a nutshell, is why I've had Chaddy on ignore numerous times.  We've all been caught out occasionally when we've said things, denied them and had to hold our hands up and admit we got it wrong. I well remember Gordon catching me out about the original wish to appoint Allardyce.  Thing is, since then, I've realised that if you say anything on here, someone, if they can be bothered to do so, will find it so if you get something wrong, just admit it and move on. Don't try to rewrite it; it can't be done. 

It means I now post less. I try to think about my words very carefully. And I still occasionally screw up. Nobody is right all the time and it's not worth pretending you are.

Who cares if people get things wrong, it's a message board about opinions on what is essentially a trivial part of life, Christ it's not like we're writing foreign policy on here.

If you get something wrong, own up, it doesn't matter. People shouldn't be scared of getting things wrong though, this place would be dull if we all shared the same views.

• Moderation Lead

Lads/lasses- if you want a thread about who's ever been wrong and ever been right (which to be fair, is all of us), then create one.

Otherwise- can you talk about our 3-0 win over Blackpool in this thread?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Yes in some ways you're right 99, but to believe that having a healthy budget will guarantee success is simply wrong and ignoring the job Mowbray has done over the past 12 months.

He took over a basket case of a club, a side full of absolute rubbish , a club where losing had become a habit and he's turned things completely around, it's a tremendous achievement, it really is.

I think wed maybe disagree over the extent of the job in terms of from the end of last season, i think in terms of crowd engagement, ability to keep the players he wanted to and let go the ones he didnt, and the budget for new signings hes benefited from, that everything was in place and i personally feel you are exaggerating the state of the squad and the difficulty of the task, couldnt have asked for any more since May really imo.

I think wed both agree however that there is a strong link between resources available and expectations, and that being only fair. And also that actually achieving those expectations (assuming we continue as we are) is certainly a cause for celebration and a big success. As you said, tremendous achievement. Do acknowledge your losing habit point too.

My point about Hirst was because for me to get where Shrewsbury are is a monumental overachievement. Saying that, if we finish where we are now Mowbray literally couldnt have done any more this season and we all will be grateful.

Going back to Saturday. Its a 3 nil win that wont live long in the memory. Not a bad thing to say!

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Yes in some ways you're right 99, but to believe that having a healthy budget will guarantee success is simply wrong and ignoring the job Mowbray has done over the past 12 months.

He took over a basket case of a club, a side full of absolute rubbish , a club where losing had become a habit and he's turned things completely around, it's a tremendous achievement, it really is.

Tempered a bit by the fact we had to drop 2 divisions to start back on winning ways.

Great 3 points, sounded like the scoreline flattered us.  Should we manage to get.promoted we will not.be able to get away with that so much to in the championship.  30 mins per game will not be enough.

On the manager thing, surely has to be Shrewsbury boss. Lost count if the number of times through the season we have predicted the beginning of the end for them, well they.still breathing diown our necks.

Be something if Wigan only make playoffs then lose to Rotherham or Plymouth.

Trouble payne has is his skillset isnt suited out wide. He has to play centrally in the 10 role.

He is a very very good number 10 and an average wide player.

If he is to play him wide, I wish he'd swap him and Dack for little periods of the game to mix it up.

Dack usually rinses his man if he is 1 v 1 with them, he oten has some great runs out wide

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

I just hope Chaddy turns out to be as wrong about Jack Payne as he was about Danny Graham. Fingers crossed!

Wrong about Payne?

Ive already said I would sign permanent this summer. Said he a talent, techinque good and someone Mowbray could vastly improved. 

2 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

Trouble payne has is his skillset isnt suited out wide. He has to play centrally in the 10 role.

If he is to play him wide, I wish he'd swap him and Dack for little periods of the game to mix it up.

Dack usually rinses his man if he is 1 v 1 with them, he oten has some great runs out wide

It's always a difficult choice when you have a decent player who can't get in the team in his 'natural' position. Do you play him out of position where he is less effective and may become frustrated.

I listened to match on Radio Lancs and I remember hearing Payne's name once before he was substituted. Was he really that quiet ?

Also - don't know if this has already been discussed, did anyone hear Gary Bowyer's interview after the match? He sounded like he was actually crying or about to burst into tears at any minute. Never heard him so emotional.

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's always a difficult choice when you have a decent player who can't get in the team in his 'natural' position. Do you play him out of position where he is less effective and may become frustrated.

I listened to match on Radio Lancs and I remember hearing Payne's name once before he was substituted. Was he really that quiet ?

Also - don't know if this has already been discussed, did anyone hear Gary Bowyer's interview after the match? He sounded like he was actually crying or about to burst into tears at any minute. Never heard him so emotional.

Bowyer was up for this game bigtime. He was very animated on the sideline. Way more than I ever remember him being whilst at rovers.

Clearly still a bit upset about being sacked

re Payne he just lacks the ability in space out wide to cause much trouble. He is better inside in tight spaces where he can go both ways on the half turn and provide a clever pass or shot

• Backroom

For what it's worth I'd all but written Graham off at the start of the season. He looked disinterested, lazy and not up for the fight in this league. Mowbray dropped him to the bench for a while at one point which suggests something was amiss. If Dominic Samuel is getting in the team ahead of you then it's time to look in the mirror.

Since around December he's really upped his game, maybe after realising we're his best hope of retaining a salary close to what he's getting now. In truth I don't care why he's improved, but he undoubtedly has and I'm happy to say I was wrong to suggest getting rid. A motivated DG has been a huge boost for us in the past couple of months and I hope it lasts until the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Bowyer was very vocal in the 1st half. Talking and pointing to his players to get tighten to Dack. 

Payne was quiet and poor. He should have played wider and kept the width but didnt. By not doing this made it easy for them. Armstrong did it abit better but not much.

The problem Payne can play wide but main role is 10. But we got Dack and he is first choice for that role and rightly so..

Its hard to say tactically we were wrong when we run out 3-0 winners. But I do believe we can be a bit more tactically astute in games like sat.

Some teams play a really high line when graham is up top and as a result it really squeezes all the play. Makes it hard for our better players to get on the ball in space and turns it into more of a scrap which doesnt suit us.

For me at times like that I'd tell atmstrong to not follow his man back and push him a little further up the feild and tell him to really try and get in behind. To often he is deep and facing our goal.

We need to use his pace a bit to push their back four back a bit and create a bit more space. As good as armstrong has been for us, he is no good to us receivng the ball facing our goal, we need him going the other way for a number of reasons

4 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

Personally, I think he need to get better at the physical side of the game to make it in any position.

I think there's a very tidy footballer there, but he was bullied far too easily on Saturday, and I'm not convinced it'd be that different if he was playing centrally. Difference between him & Dack, who hardly ever seems to be pushed off the ball, was massive imo.

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

:huh:

Apart from the two goals?

talking about us keeping our width on the pitch and not being so narrow width wise. 

1st half we were far too narrow and that's made it easy for Blackpool defensively. 

I'm looking to having Chapman back and playing on right wing with Dack in 10 role and Armstrong on the left wing. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

talking about us keeping our width on the pitch and not being so narrow width wise. 

1st half we were far too narrow and that's made it easy for Blackpool defensively. 

I'm looking to having Chapman back and playing on right wing with Dack in 10 role and Armstrong on the left wing. 

Chapman on one wing and Armstrong on the other will make teams think twice about playing a high line. 

Payne should be rotated with Dack. Give Dack 60 min, then get Payne on. Payne isn't a winger. He is an intelligent footballer who offers something different to Dack, same position though. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chapman on one wing and Armstrong on the other will make teams think twice about playing a high line. 

Payne should be rotated with Dack. Give Dack 60 min, then get Payne on. Payne isn't a winger. He is an intelligent footballer who offers something different to Dack, same position though. 

This. Obviously dependent upon how the game is going but what fabulous options to have.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Think its very difficult to justify subbing Dack such is his quality, hence why I was surprised even on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Think its very difficult to justify subbing Dack such is his quality, hence why I was surprised even on Saturday.

If we are winning I don't see the problem. Particularly with such a  good replacement in Payne. We need to have Dack fit going into every game and chomping at the bit

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we are winning I don't see the problem. Particularly with such a  good replacement in Payne. We need to have Dack fit going into every game and chomping at the bit

On Saturday we was really comfortable so it was understandable yet I was still disappointing to see him go off, because hes so good to watch.

Agree in terms of keeping him fresh but not if the game is anything but won, as it was on Saturday.

Archived