BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Every week around 2008 with the 'Taking Back Ewood' campaign - we had around 20,000 season ticket holders back then.

Venkys have Ewood these days!

Sadly theres no taking back for Rovers fans at this moment in time.

Disagree Jal Rovers fans are bit by bit seeing the club revitalise itself across the board. Success on the pitch will breed success off it.

the momentum HAS to be taken forward now and the club cannot rest on its laurels.

Rovers need to seize the moment.

Vekys or no venkys this is the moment pride is returning to the club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

The only solution would be to give up the Darwen end jack walker lower or the Riverside to away fans.

I remember using the Darren end for home fans worked pretty well in the late 80's.

You’re right using the DE did work well. I do hope no one has the bright idea of using JWL - I don’t want to be moved AGAIN!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:44, Mattyblue said:

As ever, most other clubs have had theirs out for weeks, if not months - even if they are unsure of what league they’ll be in next season.

Cynic in me says they are holding off because they have two substantially different prices up their sleeves - i.e a price hike on promotion.

If they spend money on players and wages I don't mind.

19 hours ago, Paul said:

You’re right using the DE did work well. I do hope no one has the bright idea of using JWL - I don’t want to be moved AGAIN!

The Jack Walker lower tier Darwen End side only has a capacity of about 1400. In the Championship they'd have to be daft to restrict away fans to those numbers. Factor in that they would be right behind the dugout and infront of corporate areas, that one will never happen. The best place for away fans IMO is the top tier of the Darwen End where we can safely accommodate up to 3,000, keep them away from home fans, removing the need for segregation and lots of stewards, keep them away from the pitch and also charge them whatever we want as they are in a different area to home fans in the lower tiers. In exceptional circumstances where the away club sells out of 3,000 then give consideration to opening a block or two in the lower DE.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

• Backroom
5 hours ago, JHRover said:

The Jack Walker lower tier Darwen End side only has a capacity of about 1400. In the Championship they'd have to be daft to restrict away fans to those numbers. Factor in that they would be right behind the dugout and infront of corporate areas, that one will never happen. The best place for away fans IMO is the top tier of the Darwen End where we can safely accommodate up to 3,000, keep them away from home fans, removing the need for segregation and lots of stewards, keep them away from the pitch and also charge them whatever we want as they are in a different area to home fans in the lower tiers. In exceptional circumstances where the away club sells out of 3,000 then give consideration to opening a block or two in the lower DE.

Trouble is, we had that game vs Birmingham when ale and piss rained down on our home fans.

Not against having them in the God's, but need to make sure our own are protected too.

Season tickets to go on sale end of next week,according to someone who is involved,there will be an increase and also early bird as usual,also trying to allocate away fans in top tier of Darwen end as much as possible next season,as are Oxford next Saturday.

10 hours ago, unsall said:

Season tickets to go on sale end of next week,according to someone who is involved,there will be an increase and also early bird as usual,also trying to allocate away fans in top tier of Darwen end as much as possible next season,as are Oxford next Saturday.

Increase again? Already went up after relegation. Price freeze would have been best bet in my opinion.

• Like 1

Well after yesterday, I’m going to burn my season ticket.

I won’t be stepping foot in the ground ever again, how dare the manager whose turned us around in 12 months, signed some quality players and reinstated some pride in the club and town chose an 11 that didn’t win. “Two” many times this year for me.

Its an absolute disgrace that the actual professionals involved in making these decisions have the hard face to think they know better than me and the rest of the fans. Ofcourse Travis is a full back, how dare he be played anywhere else. It’s been the same with Bennett all season, the lads wasted in the centre..

I think it’s a huge two fingers up to all those fans who’ve travelled the country to see us win a record number of away games. They obviously deserve more...

Finally, I expect Paul Cook to be sacked imminently, for having the audacity of dropping points at home to AFC Wimbledon.

Both Wigan and Rovers fans should have a joint protest for not scoring 100+ points in a season. It’s about time we got our clubs back.

Off to write a sternly written complaint to the EFL in the hope I can achieve a points deduction so we get what we deserve. Ciao.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Well after yesterday, I’m going to burn my season ticket.

I won’t be stepping foot in the ground ever again, how dare the manager whose turned us around in 12 months, signed some quality players and reinstated some pride in the club and town chose an 11 that didn’t win. “Two” many times this year for me.

Its an absolute disgrace that the actual professionals involved in making these decisions have the hard face to think they know better than me and the rest of the fans. Ofcourse Travis is a full back, how dare he be played anywhere else. It’s been the same with Bennett all season, the lads wasted in the centre..

I think it’s a huge two fingers up to all those fans who’ve travelled the country to see us win a record number of away games. They obviously deserve more...

Finally, I expect Paul Cook to be sacked imminently, for having the audacity of dropping points at home to AFC Wimbledon.

Both Wigan and Rovers fans should have a joint protest for not scoring 100+ points in a season. It’s about time we got our clubs back.

Off to write a sternly written complaint to the EFL in the hope I can achieve a points deduction so we get what we deserve. Ciao.

It really wasn’t worth the 15 minutes you spent thinking all that up.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, unsall said:

Thanks for info

I really don't understand the lack of information yet for season tickets for next season. Surely the prices would have been sorted out by now and with so many coming to Ewood tomorrow it would be an ideal time to try and tap into the feel good factor and strike whilst the iron is hot.

Just now, arbitro said:

I really don't understand the lack of information yet for season tickets for next season. Surely the prices would have been sorted out by now and with so many coming to Ewood tomorrow it would be an ideal time to try and tap into the feel good factor and strike whilst the iron is hot.

Because no matter what anyone thinks, we are still the same old shambles of a club.

Just now, arbitro said:

To be honest I'd be pleasantly surprised if we found anything out tomorrow. Of course if there is any sense around they would have a flyer attached to every seat in the ground for the 25,000 to take home with them and think about buying one for next season and get them on sale in the club shop tomorrow. I suspect that Venkys have to authorise season ticket prices and they won't be able to get that authorisation until they travel out to India for the summit meeting. Lets see if Waggott's presence has changed that and things like ticket prices are his remit.

With it being this 'blue n white' day, I'm holding out a sliver of hope that they'll be released today.

Ineptitude of the highest order if the 25,000 don't hear about season tickets by 7.30pm tomorrow.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, AAK said:

Because no matter what anyone thinks, we are still the same old shambles of a club.

It’s a good argument for continuity if you think about it, and hopefully the importance of Waggott. And probably why Bowyer was seen by some as a success.

I’m utterly convinced that Venkys manage their business by quarterly meetings. If we aren’t fully prepared for these meetings then we have to wait until the next one. Season ticket prices, shirt sales, budgets, transfer targets, etc all need to be signed off by the family.

It’s vital that Waggott and Mowbray get a budget from them and are given a mandate to use it as they see fit. Hopefully Mowbray has earned their trust with promotion at the first attempt, having allowed him to spend a relatively small amount last season.

But there really should have been two sets of season ticket pricing strategies deployed. A league one and a championship. As soon as one was known, get them on sale.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

With it being this 'blue n white' day, I'm holding out a sliver of hope that they'll be released today.

Ineptitude of the highest order if the 25,000 don't hear about season tickets by 7.30pm tomorrow.

I don`t think it will be announced tomorrow but they now have a more up-to-date data base for a mail shot with them selling so many tickets .

There's no excuse to not have them on sale, or at the very least have announced prices and sales periods, by the game tomorrow. The old excuse that it needs to wait until we know which league we are in cannot be applied now as it is 10 days since we found out the answer to that and before then they should have had them drafted and ready to unveil.

In any event I very much doubt there would be a serious difference between Championship and League One prices, and plenty of other clubs have had tickets on sale for months despite not knowing which league they are going to be in. Shrewsbury for one.