BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

Like Stuart said it needs to wait until they've all got together around the table for their summer meeting. Hopefully the new regime either bites the bullet and makes the decision or somehow gets through in a phone call and gets the thumbs up.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/early-bird-season-tickets-2018-19/

Think its total, total stupidity to stop selling Darwen End tickets for home fans.

Been happily in there basically since it opened, much prefer it to anywhere else, like being able to have unreserved seating, and being able to go to the back and stand rather than have to sit.

No doubt many will defend the decision who are unaffected, but I think its a disgrace.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Prices held at last seasons ‘standard’ prices - were they cheaper for early bird tickets last year I seem to recall they were?

£349 in the family stand I thought it was more like £280 last time round.

The Darwen end move seems at odds to what was expected, prefer to see the Blackburn end full myself but I don’t sit in the Darwen end and was livid when moved from bbe upper 

Edited by Tom

Whoever is in charge of ticketing policy at Ewood needs sacking. They missed the chance to fill the ground in the final weeks of the season via cheap tickets and now they've missed the chance to increase the number of young people in the ground by not making the tickets cheap for the U25's. There's also no discount for the early birds. And moving people who are happy in the DE is a re-run of moving those who were happy in the BBE Upper. Apart from that...

Bag of Shyte.

Bring on the Happy-Clappers....

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Whoever is in charge of ticketing policy at Ewood needs sacking. They missed the chance to fill the ground in the final weeks of the season via cheap tickets and now they've missed the chance to increase the number of young people in the ground by not making the tickets cheap for the U25's. There's also no discount for the early birds. And moving people who are happy in the DE is a re-run of moving those who were happy in the BBE Upper. Apart from that...

Bag of Shyte.

These are the early bird prices I think, at least there’s reference to the early bird deadline in the article:

The deadline to claim your existing seat and to take advantage of the Early Bird prices is Saturday 16th June

The under 25 thing is controversial but I’d support anything to get folk in 

Edited by Tom
M

Daft to shut the DE in my opinion even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. The couple of hundred regulars in there won't make much difference to the Blackburn end and they probably won't even go in there but scatter about somewhere else.

Five or six hundred in there next season could make a difference to helping the team although this is quite possibly done to house visiting fans in the upper tier.

Just now, Tom said:

These are the early bird prices I think, at least there’s reference to the early bird deadline in the article.

The under 25 thing is controversial but I’d support anything to get folk in 

I know they are the early bird and there's no discount on last season for buying at early bird prices. Or is there?

Seems like the early bird prices are the same as they were if you missed the early bird period last season which I did. I could have paid about £279 last season if I'd been quick enough off the mark but ended up paying £319.

Nevertheless season tickets still  represent absolutely exceptional value for me, especially given the fact we've gone up, and surely no-one can moan about that. I'm sure someone will be on mid season though whinging about the price of a walk on ticket.

Buy a bloody season ticket then!

:rover: :)

My whinge is about the Darwen End situation, there is no need to upset a band of loyal fans to accommodate 8,000 away fans, maybe move us for Leeds and Preston, even then at a push, but how many other Championship teams offer such a generous allocation to away fans? Totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

My whinge is about the Darwen End situation, there is no need to upset a band of loyal fans to accommodate 8,000 away fans, maybe move us for Leeds and Preston, even then at a push, but how many other Championship teams offer such a generous allocation to away fans? Totally unnecessary.

Leeds sometimes only sell about half of it when the ko is moved to lunchtime but that's what the OB want :o

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Bag of Shyte.

Can't believe what I' m reading above. Firstly there's no justification whatsoever for reduced price  season tickets for under 25's many of whom will be working.

Secondly these early bird prices will presumably be cheaper than this seasons "standard" prices when the discount period expires.

Honestly, some people expect the Club to go out and spend 10-15m on players but in the next breath expect the tickets to be virtually given away.

• Like 2

Just now, meadows said:

The early bird prices in the Riverside last season I think were £349 adult £60 Junior. 

So the early bird prices have increased, as will the prices after the early bird deadline is repeatedly extended.  

It says the early bird cost in the Riverside is £319 not £349. Last season I think it was early bird £279 or £289, "standard" £319.

Cheap as chips either way. 

All the darwen end lot myself included will just go in jack walker lower, like they do when they are chucked out for big away crowds, they want to be near away fans for banter not sitting at other side of stadium, simple as. Bburn end should get atmosphere going for the first time in 8 years rather than getting darwen end lot in. 

Edited by AAK

Just now, roversfan99 said:

On the other hand I completely agree with this. We should be trying to fill the ground with home fans not taking the easy option of filling it with away fans. It's also effectively capping the home support at around 22k. I had numerous run ins with John Williams about this over the years and thought that negative short sighted policy had gone forever.

Pricing is good but bad move in that respect.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

On the other hand I completely agree with this. We should be trying to fill the ground with home fans not taking the easy option of filling it with away fans. It's also effectively capping the home support at around 22k. I had numerous run ins with John Williams about this over the years and thought that negative short sighted policy had gone forever.

Pricing is good but bad move in that respect.

Totally agree. Not gonna grumble about prices, cant ever really complain about them. But no need to aggravate loyal fans.

11 minutes ago, meadows said:

The early bird prices in the Riverside last season I think were £349 adult £60 Junior. 

So the early bird prices have increased, as will the prices after the early bird deadline is repeatedly extended.  

Early bird price in Riverside is £319 so last season must have been lower,think around £279 or £289.

Just now, meadows said:

Sorry you’re right. But this year’s Early Bird is last years « after Early Bird » price. Creeping up towards the £400 minimum adult season ticket PNE charge 

Still quite a distance off £400 at £319,think will be very competitive with most of the other clubs.

Just now, meadows said:

Sorry you’re right. But this year’s Early Bird is last years « after Early Bird » price. Creeping up towards the £400 minimum adult season ticket PNE charge 

And look at their crowds, lower than weve had this season on occasions 

Just now, meadows said:

What’s the highest number we get in the Darwen End? Can’t really recall more than a couple of hundred in there at any time. 

I do think that closing the DE is the right thing to do. Even though I know people that this will upset. Getting the BBE full and singing together has to be a good thing. It will also make it easier to milk the larger Championship clubs as others have said.

I wasn’t expecting a price reduction but I think the club need to carefully consider their plan of significantly increasing the price by stealth every year. It’s a clever marketing trick calling it an early bird offer when you are really asking people to pay at last season’s price hike rate to avoid this year’s price hike for one season. “Too late and you’ll pay next year’s early bird price today”. There will be a limit to what people will pay so this needs to be monitored.

Next season is going to be really tough compared to this year so much may depend on the calibre of Summer signings. Without a marquee (or at least notably positive signing) we may well top out at 11-12 ST holders. A marginal increase on this season.

But then if we win the League tomorrow and are presented with the trophy tomorrow...

(Who am I kidding, nobody cares about that).

very pleased that we announced the season tickets prices finally. will be down next Thursday to sort my season ticket out. 

I can understand why the club has decided to use the darwen end just for away fans. sensible move and fill the other stands in the ground and if enough people renewal we might open the BBE Upper end to home fans. 

I'm hoping we can get 15 k plus fans who get season tickets for next season

So there will be 20,000 avaliable home seats - Jack Walker, Riverside and BBEnd lower. Suppose it makes sense to have the 11/12000 home fans in a smaller area. Less scattered. 

I assume the rise in ST prices will also mean matchday prices also increase, so get ready for £30 walk-on prices. 

As seen with the 1875 Lounge, the £120 per person end of season dinner etc, Waggott is going to try and squeeze out every penny - however I worry that he has misjudged our fanbase and we won’t see much, if any increase in ST holders.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

All the darwen end lot myself included will just go in jack walker lower, like they do when they are chucked out for big away crowds, they want to be near away fans for banter not sitting at other side of stadium, simple as. Bburn end should get atmosphere going for the first time in 8 years rather than getting darwen end lot in. 

Really sad to read comments like this. The exact same view (more or less), behind the goal, the place where atmospheres are generated in every ground and yet there seems to be a real hatred between the two sets of fans.

Thanks a Fkg bunch Venkys. ?