BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Scary thought but yep I can see them starting at 29/30 quid for an adult in the BBE most games.

Yet they start at a fraction under £14 per game if you have a season ticket! 

Why do people fixate on the maximum possible walk on price? It's quite simple really, you pays your money (or you don't pay) at the start of the season and you takes your choice! If you want to just dip in and out next season then that's absolutely fine but surely you Can't expect to pay anything like the same as a ST holder.

Otherwise, as the ground is nowhere near full there'd be absolutely no point in having a ST.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I always remember Gordon, formerly of this parish, warning against de-valuing our product too much with cheap ST deals. 

JH’s list tells us that they are now competitive with the league we’ll be in, not the noticeably cheap prices they once were.

With the benefit of hindsight words of wisdom from our Gord.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

:lol: Absolutely no empathy with anyone else. It doesnt affect you so its fine. Grimly predictable.

Of course you will agree with the clubs decision, you always do, but for me, its an aggravation to fans that didnt need to be made.

It is pandering to the wills of potential away supports, presumably, ahead of the wants and needs of home fans who are happy in the Darwen End.

Yes you are right it doesn't affect me as my season ticket is in the Blackburn End. 

I always said that the Darwen end should be just for away fans unless we sold out the other 3 stands. 

You have lie again with your second line of your comments. 

I can ask why you like sitting in the Darwen end? seem strange to me but hey ho

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I can see your point of view yes. You’ve had something you enjoyed taken away from you.

The thing is, you have no ‘rights’ with regards seating. And you definitely have no ‘right’ to stand in an all-seater stadium. The club can put fans where they want, it does work like that. That’s not a pop, those are just the facts. Apart from being kept reasonably safe, your only ‘right’ is the right to not attend.

I don’t think that the idea of merging the singing fans is a fanciful one, it just seems that there is a reticence from some fans to join together at all - possibly from the anti-Venkys protest days.

Where I do sympathise is in that the club have withdrawn the unreserved seating arrangements. Although I expect most people will have a ‘usual’ or ‘preferred’ seat, it does give flexibility to bring friend with you on a walk-in basis that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to do. In that regard it’s a retrograde step. The club should have tried to find a way to keep an unreserved seating area at the rear of the Blackburn end.

The really disappointing thing though is the apparent lack of consultation. It would be interesting to get a FF view - if they are still invited to meetings.

Maybe right is not the appropriate word.

I disagree that they can move people round too much, ie they do have the right to remove an option but I feel like the Jack Walker option suits some people for more reasons than any internal fan friction, maybe its the banter etc with the away fans, not sure. My point was more that they can only do so much to try and get the fans together in the Blackburn End and i dont feel it will work like some think or hope. I personally dislike side stands so will probably have to go to the Blackburn End.

Totally agree on your points on unreserved seating providing a unique flexibility thats been needlessly taken. Also on the point of consulting the fans. Ive seen fans claim before theyve been assured that this wont happen so wonder whats changed?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sat in the Darwen End for 2 seasons before not renewing last season, and now this season moved to the Blackburn End. Nowt wrong with the Darwen End. Good atmosphere being right next to the away supporters

• Like 5

Yes you are right it doesn't affect me as my season ticket is in the Blackburn End. 

I always said that the Darwen end should be just for away fans unless we sold out the other 3 stands. 

You have lie again with your second line of your comments. 

My point is, that because it doesnt impact you, you dont seem to have the ability to understand and appreciate my point of view. If they said the Blackburn End is closed to home fans im sure youd think differently. Even if it doesnt directly affect you, you need to see it from the point of view of those who are affected.

Ive said before, I like that its flexible in that its unreserved, I stand at the back and thus dont impede anyone elses view by doing so. Its also good like @Stuart said in terms of if someone else decides late to attend then they can come with me rather than mess about moving seats.

• Like 3

Just now, LewisF said:

Sat in the Darwen End for 2 seasons before not renewing last season, and now this season moved to the Blackburn End. Nowt wrong with the Darwen End. Good atmosphere being right next to the away supporters

Another good reason, and why many will choose to go in the Jack Walker near the away side, rather than fall in line.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet they start at a fraction under £14 per game if you have a season ticket! 

Why do people fixate on the maximum possible walk on price? It's quite simple really, you pays your money (or you don't pay) at the start of the season and you takes your choice! If you want to just dip in and out next season then that's absolutely fine but surely you Can't expect to pay anything like the same as a ST holder.

Otherwise, as the ground is nowhere near full there'd be absolutely no point in having a ST.

You've conveniently missed out the other post where id already said they are still good value.

Have you ever considered someone like me who can't attend enough to justify a Season ticket anymore so when i want to support the team i have to pay top dollar more often than not if i want a decent seat, i'm sure there's a hell of a lot like that.

There's a fair old gap between 14 quid and say £29 pounds, plenty of room for some middle ground that neither upsets the ST holders nor devalues a season ticket but might help pull in a few more regularish walk ons wouldn't you say ?

• Like 1

So my point stands, why close the DE to home fans and not open up the full Blackburn End? When the likes of the idiots from Leeds turn up in droves, we have a third of our "home end" closed. It's cheaper than the JW, and I loved my ST view from the front row, where I had sat for years. The club is still detached from the fans.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

PNE as an example usually charge a standard £24, and that’s with £400 minimum season tickets.

Nearly £30 for third division football (presumably £30+ next season) is bloody stupid, end of.

Edited by Mattyblue

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I always remember Gordon, formerly of this parish, warning against de-valuing our product too much with cheap ST deals. 

JH’s list tells us that they are now competitive with the league we’ll be in, not the noticeably cheap prices they once were.

It told me we are expensive. Even London prices are cheaper!

We certainly can’t expect gates like tomorrow for next season. Not for £15 per game if you buy a 23-game offer early, and the wrong side of £30 walk-on for the more attractive matches.

It comes down to the old chestnut of, for example, £349 x 10,000 plus £75 x 2,000 (£3.6m) v 14,000 x £299 plus £75 x 3,000 (£4.4m) and finding the most likely number between those two estimates. But using those those numbers, we’d lose £800k but gain an extra 5,000 every home game. A loss already made up in ground purchases, surely.

Waggot must think that he can entice those same fans at the higher price and feels little need to reward loyalty. We are only customers after all.

Whilst the football has been more enjoyable this season, with the players happier, and the social media more quirky I don’t feel that much has changed between the club hierarchy and the fans.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

My point is, that because it doesnt impact you, you dont seem to have the ability to understand and appreciate my point of view. If they said the Blackburn End is closed to home fans im sure youd think differently. Even if it doesnt directly affect you, you need to see it from the point of view of those who are affected.

Ive said before, I like that its flexible in that its unreserved, I stand at the back and thus dont impede anyone elses view by doing so. Its also good like @Stuart said in terms of if someone else decides late to attend then they can come with me rather than mess about moving seats.

I understood your point perfectly fine. 

They are never going to close Blackburn end so your point is mooted. Ive mainly sat in the Blackburn End anyway but never the Darwen end

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing I would add - again from the club’s perspective - if the rest of the ground was sold out then they could restrict away fans to the upper tier and give home fans the lower. But it would need home areas to sell out first.

Singing aside, the current spilt does mean lots of empty seats gaps in all stands, which does ipact the atmosphere. However, I can well imagine that it will look very empty behind the goal for certain games.

They are never going to close Blackburn end so your point is mooted. Ive mainly sat in the Blackburn End anyway but never the Darwen end

That doesn’t help your case. You need to see it from @roversfan99 perspective. He is being impacted by this change so he will be upset. You are not so you won’t be. It was the same with @gumboots when they kicked her out of the JW Lower to make way for the family stand. Over all a massive success but it negatively affected her.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

That doesn’t help your case. You need to see it from @roversfan99 perspective. He is being impacted by this change so he will be upset. You are not so you won’t be. It was the same with @gumboots when they kicked her out of the JW Lower to make way for the family stand. Over all a massive success but it negatively affected her.

Stuart, we were kicked out of the BE upper. Nether I nor Gumboots, and I suspect many others were pleased.

• Like 1

• Backroom

£389 family stand 

£399 bbe

£349 riverside 

£449 / £499 JW upper

£399 JW Lower Darwen end side 

Those are the non earlybird prices, I still think those that renewed early last season could have been rewarded with a freeze on those prices mind 

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

£389 family stand 

£399 bbe

£349 riverside 

£449 / £499 JW upper

£399 JW Lower Darwen end side 

Those will be the "early bird" prices next season. 

Not many folk will be prepared to pay £400 for a Blackburn End ST.

Just now, tomphil said:

You've conveniently missed out the other post where id already said they are still good value.

Have you ever considered someone like me who can't attend enough to justify a Season ticket anymore so when i want to support the team i have to pay top dollar more often than not if i want a decent seat, i'm sure there's a hell of a lot like that.

There's a fair old gap between 14 quid and say £29 pounds, plenty of room for some middle ground that neither upsets the ST holders nor devalues a season ticket but might help pull in a few more regularish walk ons wouldn't you say ?

Once again you seem to be focusing on walk on prices in JW upper. There already was your so called "middle ground" last season, £20 or £22 in the Riverside and you could even spend £5 On an 1875 membership (instantly refundable through the Club shop anyway) and get a further £2 per match off bringing it down to just £18/£20!

I really Don't know how much more people could expect.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Stuart, we were kicked out of the BE upper. Nether I nor Gumboots, and I suspect many others were pleased.

Indeed. Although the family stand moving from the BBE upper to JWL has definitely been a success overall, there will be people who were moved against their will that will disagree.

On another note, i read that the 1875 membership has gone up from £5 to £10  for season ticket holders next season, with only the £5 paid back as club cash.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

On another note, i read that the 1875 membership has gone up from £5 to £10  for season ticket holders next season, with only the £5 paid back as club cash.

??

The worst thing is, for most fans there has been zero advantage of the 1875 club membership. Not even free entry to Blues.

It was like buying yourself a gift voucher for the club shop.

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Stuart, I understood his point of view, so thanks for your concern 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Once again you seem to be focusing on walk on prices in JW upper. There already was your so called "middle ground" last season, £20 or £22 in the Riverside and you could even spend £5 On an 1875 membership (instantly refundable through the Club shop anyway) and get a further £2 per match off bringing it down to just £18/£20!

I really Don't know how much more people could expect.

Maybe that's because that is where I like to sit and I did say 'decent' seats. I don't mind paying a bit more for the better facilities but like I said there's a gap between the 14 ST holder and the 29 quid or whatever walk on fan sat next to him. There's plenty seats on offer in every stand and if I couldn't afford the JW i'd indeed go in a cheaper section if I really wanted to go. It just seems a bit daft when the whole idea is to get more in, you'll be as bad as drog next claiming the JW regulars are subsidizing everyone else :lol:

Fair point about the 1875 I had indeed forgot about it and didn't take advantage of it last season.

As for what people expect I generally think a hike was expected and it's fair enough on the back of some success but if I recall rightly the last time it was hiked about 50 pounds in one go was just before we signed Craig Bellamy and we had a host of top class stars yet we kicked off the season v Fulham then Everton with no more than 16 thousand home fans on !

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you did then you are being ignorant.

Case in point. @Tom mentioned that he was affected in a similar move in regards to the family stand last season. Was I that concerned? No. But I certainly empathised with him because again, he was happy where he was, where he was had certain aspects that made sitting there ideal, and that choice was taken away.

Its a total lack of empathy you are showing. An attitude of im not affected so people complaining cant have a valid point as im personally unaffected.

• Like 1