BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its aint down to me to fund your season ticket is it? Down to you Barry lad

Course it is chaddy. Don't be so selfish.

I think you should also set off to the ground several hours earlier and pick Baz up door to door, and give him a free lift down to and from Blues Bar. Not forgetting of course to treat him to a slap up meal an route. Then go back and repeat the process several times for other of the unfortunate fans who apparently Can't afford an extra £5 -£6 per month on direct debit over 9 months.

On your way to and from the ground, try also not to knock over any unfortunate wretches who according to Jim will be staggering out of the food banks because no-one in Blackburn can afford to feed themselves, or any of the bone idle 18-25 year olds lazing about because according to many others no-one in that age range is capable of finding any form of gainful employment.

:rolleyes:

In previous years the club have released the Direct Debit payment plans along with the up-front prices; however it seems this year you don't get the info on how much you have to pay per month until you actually buy the season ticket. Surely I'm missing something obvious and there is a payment plan grid hidden away somewhere?

• Like 1

I've received a text message from Rovers this morning advertising season tickets. For some reason it explains that seniors start from £199, under 21s from £179 and juniors from £90, but doesn't provide a price for adults, except to say that it is less than £14 a game. When does the early bird period end?

Edit - just looked it up and it is 16th June.

Edited by JHRover

1 hour ago, roversfan2001 said:

In previous years the club have released the Direct Debit payment plans along with the up-front prices; however it seems this year you don't get the info on how much you have to pay per month until you actually buy the season ticket. Surely I'm missing something obvious and there is a payment plan grid hidden away somewhere?

Went into renew earlier and the guy in the Club shop said that the Direct Debit Scheme is now back with Zebra Finance and as such the scheme is no longer anything to do with the Club. He said I should get an e-mail from them in a couple of days with the details and if anything is inconvenient such as the monthly payment date etc you can probably ring them to amend it.

If the figures released from the Club are correct I'l be paying 9 lots of £37 something for my ST in the Riverside which has a headline price of £319 then there is usually an annual cost of about £20 for the privilege of paying by DD.

Hope we Don't end up with a flipping Zebra on the front of our shirts again though!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2018 at 00:58, RevidgeBlue said:

On your way to and from the ground, try also not to knock over any unfortunate wretches who according to Jim will be staggering out of the food banks because no-one in Blackburn can afford to feed themselves,

Flippant comment when many people are clearly struggling.

https://blackburn.foodbank.org.uk/

• Like 4

For the first time I’m thinking about buying my first season ticket. I live in the Midlands and I would be willing to make the journey for the home matches. Is there anybody on here who takes the train from that area?

• Like 3

On 08/05/2018 at 00:58, RevidgeBlue said:

Course it is chaddy. Don't be so selfish.

I think you should also set off to the ground several hours earlier and pick Baz up door to door, and give him a free lift down to and from Blues Bar. Not forgetting of course to treat him to a slap up meal an route. Then go back and repeat the process several times for other of the unfortunate fans who apparently Can't afford an extra £5 -£6 per month on direct debit over 9 months.

On your way to and from the ground, try also not to knock over any unfortunate wretches who according to Jim will be staggering out of the food banks because no-one in Blackburn can afford to feed themselves, or any of the bone idle 18-25 year olds lazing about because according to many others no-one in that age range is capable of finding any form of gainful employment.

:rolleyes:

That’s a pretty poor post. 

...and no, the smiley doesnt save it  

Edited by toogs

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Existing fans could be just keen to renew, so a busy day doesn't necessarily mean we are in line for increased overall sales.

However, club did re-tweet this fella:

We renewed today and my old man has returned to the fray. He probably went to five games this season; so not a ‘turned’ stay away but returnee for sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toogs said:

That’s a pretty poor post. 

...and no, the smiley doesnt save it  

Why? It's also extremely patronising assuming that Blackburn is this poverty ridden hell hole where everyone has to use food banks and no - one between the ages of 18 and 25 can afford a normal price ticket.

There's a cheaper 18-21 ticket anyway.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Flippant comment when many people are clearly struggling.

https://blackburn.foodbank.org.uk/

Aren't we all jim?

However, if we're talking about being "flippant" you started it by mentioning food banks when clearly anyone unfortunate enough to be in a situation whereby they currently have to use one Can't afford a season ticket whether or not Rovers implement a price increase.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Aren't we all jim?

However, if we're talking about being "flippant" you started it by mentioning food banks when clearly anyone unfortunate enough to be in a situation whereby they currently have to use one Can't afford a season ticket whether or not Rovers implement a price increase.

I was replying to Chaddy (who else?) and pointing out that every penny counts to some people, to the extent they have to use food banks, and that a £50 season-ticket increase would probably stop them going to football. 

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I was replying to Chaddy (who else?) and pointing out that every penny counts to some people, to the extent they have to use food banks, and that a £50 season-ticket increase would probably stop them going to football. 

Its 5.50 pounds per month or 1.37 pounds per week using the direct debt scheme. Not a great deal of a increase. 

Surely every penny counts to most people. 

Im fully explained my circumstances and life. Most people have to live within the means and be sensible. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its 5.50 pounds per month or 1.37 pounds per week using the direct debt scheme. Not a great deal of a increase. 

Im fully explained my circumstances and life. Most people have to live within the means and be sensible. 

This isn't about you ...... and quite frankly I'm not interested either.

This is about people who are less fortunate - something you don't seem to understand or not have any empathy for. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why? It's also extremely patronising assuming that Blackburn is this poverty ridden hell hole where everyone has to use food banks and no - one between the ages of 18 and 25 can afford a normal price ticket.

There's a cheaper 18-21 ticket anyway.

Where does it say  "Blackburn is this poverty ridden hell hole where everyone has to use food banks"?  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You Don't have to dig a hole for yourself by laying bare every last detail of your life history every time some one winds you up. By doing so, whilst what you say is quite correct, you come across a bit holier than thou and only encourage people to try to wind you up even further.

What you do with your time and money and how you lead your life is absolutely nothing to do with anyone else and if you think a £50 p.a. rise is not a lot you're entitled to say so and for what it's worth I agree.

Judging by my walk down to the ground Saturday I wouldn't mind betting many in attendance spent  not too far shy of £50 on ale before and after the game.

Good luck to them, it would be rude not to given the occasion and with it being a sunny Bank Holiday as well. However There's a bit of a difference in commitment in signing up for a 23 game season ticket and rocking up once a year for a promotion **** up in the sun when it's a tenner.

I still Don't think the price in itself will deter people although I could be wrong. If there isn't a very decent increase in numbers following promotion then obviously the balance isn't quite right.

• Like 3