BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This isn't about you ...... and quite frankly I'm not interested either.

This is about people who are less fortunate - something you don't seem to understand or not have any empathy for. 

Surely this is everyone who is Blackburn Rovers fan and likely to be a season ticket holder which I am.

Yet again Jim, You have no idea of me or what I have gone through from childhood upwards to Now so don't judge people you don't know. 

now you mention people using food banks and whilst people shouldn't be in this position given that we are living 2018 and it is great that they are these types of organisation to help these people. These people do have my sympathy totally.   

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You Don't have to dig a hole for yourself by laying bare every last detail of your life history every time some one winds you up. By doing so, whilst what you say is quite correct, you come across a bit holier than thou and only encourage people to try to wind you up even further.

What you do with your time and money and how you lead your life is absolutely nothing to do with anyone else and if you think a £50 p.a. rise is not a lot you're entitled to say so and for what it's worth I agree.

Judging by my walk down to the ground Saturday I wouldn't mind betting many in attendance spent  not too far shy of £50 on ale before and after the game.

Good luck to them, it would be rude not to given the occasion and with it being a sunny Bank Holiday as well. However There's a bit of a difference in commitment in signing up for a 23 game season ticket and rocking up once a year for a promotion **** up in the sun when it's a tenner.

I still Don't think the price in itself will deter people although I could be wrong. If there isn't a very decent increase in numbers following promotion then obviously the balance isn't quite right.

I feel like I have to post some private things(which I shouldn't have to) to defend from myself from certain people who think my life has to be easy to get where I am now, cos it wasn't but I never let things beat me. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

From Rags to Riches: The incredible story of a Superfan. Serialised only in The S*n. 

I assume you've got your tongue buried firmly in your cheek with that comment but it's still a bit harsh.

A lot of people have a very strange definition of "riches" if working hard to make ends meet and at the same time juggling it with looking after your wife who's been ill is the yardstick!

The problem here is priorities. If you really really want a season ticket then £50 increase over a year is achievable for most though not all. So you and Chaddy are correct. However, if you're trying to decide whether you want a season ticket or not,, the higher price might, if money is tight, make you wonder. The people were trying to get over the line are those who might buy if the price is right but might not if it's a bit of a squeeze. So the £50 increase may just put them off.

• Like 1

Just now, gumboots said:

The problem here is priorities. If you really really want a season ticket then £50 increase over a year is achievable for most though not all. So you and Chaddy are correct. However, if you're trying to decide whether you want a season ticket or not,, the higher price might, if money is tight, make you wonder. The people were trying to get over the line are those who might buy if the price is right but might not if it's a bit of a squeeze. So the £50 increase may just put them off.

I'd have thought that iin general f you can afford £280 up front you can afford £320 and if  you can afford £33 p.m. on DD you can afford £38 p.m. etc. Guess we'll know when the final figures are released.

Hope you enjoyed your experience at Ewood on Saturday btw. Will we be seeing you at Ewood 5 or 6 times next season when your busy social calendar permits?

;)

You lot bickering, strawmanning and downright picking on each other makes this site unreadable at times.

Might be getting a few more season ticket holders, but we won’t get many more forum members.

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

You lot bickering, strawmanning and downright picking on each other makes this site unreadable at times.

Might be getting a few more season ticket holders, but we won’t get many more forum members.

I look forward to you raising the standards with some BRFC-related chat.

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We all love each other really.

:huh:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I just ask is there any member who has bought a season ticket this coming season who didnt this season?

Not yet, but strongly considering it. First one since the Hughes days.

Bit of a commute from my ends but work hours settling down makes it a bit more viable nowadays.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Not yet, but strongly considering it. First one since the Hughes days.

Bit of a commute from my ends but work hours settling down makes it a bit more viable nowadays.

thanks for the reply. If you do get one I hope you enjoy it. 

The Hughes days as manager were one of the best for me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I just ask is there any member who has bought a season ticket this coming season who didnt this season?

Yes Chaddyrovers. Not been a season ticket holder for 6 years. In that time only been on Ewood 4 times. Been to two home games this season. Went to Doncaster and the Oxford match and liked what I saw. I like listening to TM He talks so much sense. So as I have just retired I thought why Not, and bought a season ticket yesterday...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd have thought that iin general f you can afford £280 up front you can afford £320 and if  you can afford £33 p.m. on DD you can afford £38 p.m. etc. Guess we'll know when the final figures are released.

Hope you enjoyed your experience at Ewood on Saturday btw. Will we be seeing you at Ewood 5 or 6 times next season when your busy social calendar permits?

;)

Hopefully. I really needed to get away from Rovers but still felt the emotion and belonging when I was there on Saturday. My little grandson loved being there wearing the same shirt as mummy and nanna and grandad 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It’s a bit early yet for that chaddy. They’ve only been on sale two days and it is ages until the claim my seat deadline day.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m tempted. Would be the first since Venkys appointment of Kean. Not sure though whether I’d miss too many midweek games, and rather spend the money on away trips. £50 increase to £450 doesn’t help. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

From Rags to Riches: The incredible story of a Superfan. Serialised only in The S*n. 

I read the first installment where it was a heartbreaking choice between his beloved rovers and a new PlayStation game...every month. Forget Sophie's choice. A heartwarming and truly inspiring story. The man's a modern day hero

Edited by Oldgregg86

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seriously considering one for me and my lad...although the lack of seating in the family stand is a little restricting for me...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cesus said:

No premiership pledge ... I’m out ?

Haha.

The cynic in me says that the club threw that offer in because they knew damn well that there was no chance of us going up under Bowyer/Coyle, but now we appear to be moving in the right direction, under a decent manager all it takes is to sneak into 6th then a bit of luck in the play offs and all of a sudden you are up, they won't want to risk offering that this year just incase this "momentum" that everyone in the club is banging on does take us up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how you can find out your Club Cash balance? I can't find it anywhere on the Roverstore or eticketing websites and it doesn't seem to appear when I try to pay for something from the shop online.

All assistance welcome.

9 minutes ago, dinglebasher said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how you can find out your Club Cash balance? I can't find it anywhere on the Roverstore or eticketing websites and it doesn't seem to appear when I try to pay for something from the shop online.

All assistance welcome.

http://www.my-rovers.co.uk/

It should be on this website, quite confusing that there are now 3 websites to use for Rovers.

Just now, JHRover said:

http://www.my-rovers.co.uk/

It should be on this website, quite confusing that there are now 3 websites to use for Rovers.

Thanks JHRover. 

Absolutely crazy that we now have:

1. Roverstore website

2. eTicketing website

3. Rovers.co.uk

4. My Rovers.

Can anyone with access bring this up at the Fans' Forum? At the very least, there should be clear links from the Club website if they can't amalgamate everything for contractual reasons.

• Like 1