BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mike E said:

I've heard of forums being echo chambers but this is ridiculous!

S8 & Blue beat you to that joke yesterday young man....

Better luck next time!

• 3 weeks later...

Early bird deadline today, will we see it extended like last summer?

If not, I assume we’ll have now sold the vast majority that we will, as I can’t imagine a stampede for sales at the new prices that will be between £400-500.

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

About 500  more than last season i'd guess.

I’d have to agree. Getting into the Championship is good, but not exciting. It’s more about getting rid of the embarrassment  of being in League 1.

Edited by scotchrover

Sunderland in league one have got 18,000 + signed up. Rovers last year scrapped 8,000. Given the prices where else can you get entertained for the value per match? 

Only thing I've noticed is Sunderland with every adult ST sold, in areas struggling to sell they've sold a child with adult ST at 50! Quid.

Given the difference in sizes of the places and fanbases I think Sunderland on 18k and Rovers on 8 for league 1 is pretty fair comparatively speaking.

Can't help but still think Rovers missed a big trick again though when you look at 26 thousand turning up at a tenner per ticket for the last game showing there is big interest still there but getting more to commit to a likely Championship struggle needed some thinking outside the box not an excuse to nudge prices up on the back of promotion.

As always in Blackburn a bit of success along with the general feel good factor combined with cheap tickets will pull them in.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Sunderland in league one have got 18,000 + signed up. Rovers last year scrapped 8,000. Given the prices where else can you get entertained for the value per match? 

Only thing I've noticed is Sunderland with every adult ST sold, in areas struggling to sell they've sold a child with adult ST at 50! Quid.

I like the three year deal with guaranteed no price increase without commitment. If only we had been so innovative and tried to drum up business in a different way.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2018/march/season-cards

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some eight years of embarrassment and heartache caused by negligent owners and some people think all is forgiven on the back of one promotion from the dead man's league?....praise be to Brahma lets all buy a season ticket?

One swallow a summer does not make.

Eight years is a helluva long time in football. ...lost generation stuff, really

• Like 3

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell less than last year. This time last year there was a perverse kind of excitement. We were signing players. We were going into the league as favourites. 

There isn’t the same kind of excitement this year. The club have massively messed up in my opinion by putting prices up by £50 across the board and closing the Darwen End to Rovers fans. They have alienated fans.

i can only speak for my circle of mates - 3 haven’t renewed from last season. Not happy with the price increase. It’s not so much the extra £50 but more the principle of it. I’m a little annoyed by it and only renewed on Friday. We had 8 years of dross until last season; increasing prices from our last stint in the championship is an insult.

Just over a month ago we had the largest amount of Rovers fans in Ewood for a match for 10 years. More kids are wearing Rovers shirts around town since the Europe days. It was a great opportunity to capitalise on this with innovative season ticket prices. Surely it’s better to have 16,000 at £200 than 8,000 at £400 eg Bradford.

The fact there has been nothing from the club about season ticket sales is a clear indication they haven’t been great. You reap what you sow. 

• Like 9

• Backroom

I have to admit the price increase took it from a no brainer to something to consider, as above not the price alone making it unaffordable just the feeling of it not being such a good deal.

The shine of last season is naturally starting to fade a little so let’s hope we soon have some excitement building with some signings that show ambition.

Not sure so many would renew in a years time if it’s a drab relegation battle along with another increase, now is the time to try and keep ‘moving forward’ at least in relative terms.

• Like 4

Rovers will release the figures this week. Expect about 12k Rovers fans have bought or renewed this season. 

No indication is clear from the club apart from Waggott's comment at the fans forum. 

Making signings shouldnt be a factor but the key factor should be wanting to support the club, players and Mowbray next season. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will release the figures this week. Expect about 12k Rovers fans have bought or renewed this season. 

No indication is clear from the club apart from Waggott's comment at the fans forum. 

Making signings shouldnt be a factor but the key factor should be wanting to support the club, players and Mowbray next season. 

Rovers are giving an update on the number of ST's sold this week? How do you know?