BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will release the figures this week. Expect about 12k Rovers fans have bought or renewed this season. 

No indication is clear from the club apart from Waggott's comment at the fans forum. 

Making signings shouldnt be a factor but the key factor should be wanting to support the club, players and Mowbray next season. 

What did Waggott say about sales? I haven’t seen that.

I believe we had 8,000 season ticket holders last season. If sales were already at a 50% increase the club would be shouting from the rooftops.

Do you know anybody who has got a season ticket this season who didn’t have one last season? I don’t. There was significant interest towards the end of last season and the Club failed to make the most of it. 

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Rovers are giving an update on the number of ST's sold this week? How do you know? 

Just now, david brent said:

What did Waggott say about sales? I haven’t seen that.

I believe we had 8,000 season ticket holders last season. If sales were already at a 50% increase the club would be shouting from the rooftops.

Do you know anybody who has got a season ticket this season who didn’t have one last season? I don’t. There was significant interest towards the end of last season and the Club failed to make the most of it. 

Rovers fan forum last meeting can be found on Rovers website..

The club will be releasing the figure as Waggott and Rovers twitter account have said in the past few weeks. I think someone on here who attend the fans forum meeting posted Waggott's comments after that meeting

Yes I know a few people who has bought a season ticket who havent had one for years since Mark Hughes/Sam Allardyce days here.

What the club failed to realise or act upon is that football is in competition for the leisure pound as I think it's called. It can no longer rely on Chaddys type of loyalty. There is a whole raft of other things to do out there, many of which are cheaper, better value for money, better marketed. Once again the club has, without consultation, closed a stand to a group of its fans. It might make sense but they could have at least talked about it first with those affected to discuss the reasons and show some understanding of supporters feelings. None of the things they've done, the price rise, the closing of the DE to home fans, the failure to get STs out before the last match of the season (poor marketingstrategy. Many would have bought in th euphoria of the day) is that bad in itself, but taken together they make a catalogue of mistakes that may well be reflected in ST sales

• Backroom
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will release the figures this week. Expect about 12k Rovers fans have bought or renewed this season. 

No indication is clear from the club apart from Waggott's comment at the fans forum. 

Making signings shouldnt be a factor but the key factor should be wanting to support the club, players and Mowbray next season. 

With all due respect Chris it’s not down to you to decide what should and shouldn’t be decided factors for other people.

Nor did he. He merely pointed out that for some people making signings or other things might well be a deciding factor. You stated it shouldn't be. For you its not and we understand that, but not everyone is the same. We're not talking here about the committed.  We're talking about others who might show a greater level of commitment if other circumstances persuaded them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

What the club failed to realise or act upon is that football is in competition for the leisure pound as I think it's called. It can no longer rely on Chaddys type of loyalty. There is a whole raft of other things to do out there, many of which are cheaper, better value for money, better marketed. Once again the club has, without consultation, closed a stand to a group of its fans. It might make sense but they could have at least talked about it first with those affected to discuss the reasons and show some understanding of supporters feelings. None of the things they've done, the price rise, the closing of the DE to home fans, the failure to get STs out before the last match of the season (poor marketingstrategy. Many would have bought in th euphoria of the day) is that bad in itself, but taken together they make a catalogue of mistakes that may well be reflected in ST sales

Well if Fans dont want attend, support the team through season tickets or buy club merchandise then we cant expect to make good signings or complete for promotion then surely? 

We have to support the club unless fans want to be lower table championship/top league 1 club for the next few season. 

I aint going to my view on the price rise, marketing strategy or closing the Darwen stand for home fans as Ive posted this previous discussions. 

Just now, gumboots said:

Nor did he. He merely pointed out that for some people making signings or other things might well be a deciding factor. You stated it shouldn't be. For you its not and we understand that, but not everyone is the same. We're not talking here about the committed.  We're talking about others who might show a greater level of commitment if other circumstances persuaded them. 

Sorry Gumboots but if fans want a successful club and getting back to Premier League(which should be long term target) then surely fans need to back the club and support it through Season tickets and mercandise. 

Its up to fans to decide what they want for Rovers

It's chicken and egg though isn't it? You can't make signings without ST sales. ST purchases for some people rely on an element of excitement that new signings bring. The problem is that if a decent signing were announced today, the ST prices have already gone up from the early bird price so the club wouldn't be able to cash in on that either, unless they announced the offer was extended for a week then you'd have 2 feel good moments together that might tempt a few waverers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Gumboots but if fans want a successful club and getting back to Premier League(which should be long term target) then surely fans need to back the club and support it through Season tickets and mercandise. 

Its up to fans to decide what they want for Rovers

Not much of the income is derived from ST sales at most clubs though. It's getting people into the ground which helps to promote merchandise sales food sales etc. It's not up to us to decide what we want anyway because we have no influence on decision making as has been proved many a time since Venkys arrived. We could have massive ST sales and still not see any signings if Venkys decided not to authorise purchases but paid off some debt with it not a reason not to buy, but a sad fact of life

I renewed on the last day of the early bird. TBF i was always going  to renew when it came down to it.

Whats interesting is that one member of our party of 3 decided not to renew despite having a half season ticket second half of last season and being a cert to renew at the end of last season.

Now whats influenced his decision seems to be the antics at the end of the season in the Darwin end pitch invasion really seemed to leave a sour taste in his mouth.

Also the price increase has further pushed him away as he doesn't believe that he is getting a good price.

The closure of the Darwin End hasn't really affected us personally as although we sat their last season we were not planing to sit their again but a little consultation with the fans might have been nice

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Expect an 'update' on sales but I very much doubt Rovers will put a precise number on it. More likely is they'll say they're at a certain % of last season's sales or the corresponding time last time we were in the Championship. One thing Rovers seem keen to do every year is avoid providing detail until further down the line.

I'd also be very pleasantly surprised if we'd reached the 12,000 mark as I think that would be higher than any time since we were relegated from the Premier League. You could argue that the feeling around the place is more positive than any other stage since then as encapsulated by the 25,000 home fans on against Oxford but at the end of the day its still 'only' the Championship we're heading into in a weaker state that we were under Bowyer and Rovers have stuck prices up by as much as 17% on last year.

We've also limited our sales window and potential by waiting until a late stage to get tickets on sale. Plenty of other clubs had their season tickets ready for purchase way back in February and March, irrespective of promotion/relegation, whilst for some reason we think it is advantageous to leave it until May and then stick prices up.

32 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Not much of the income is derived from ST sales at most clubs though. It's getting people into the ground which helps to promote merchandise sales food sales etc. It's not up to us to decide what we want anyway because we have no influence on decision making as has been proved many a time since Venkys arrived. We could have massive ST sales and still not see any signings if Venkys decided not to authorise purchases but paid off some debt with it not a reason not to buy, but a sad fact of life

not much income is derived from ST sales? really? 

10 thousand season ticket at 349 pounds is 3 and half million pounds which could be very useful to Mowbray and his transfer plans/wage budget wise. 

If the reported wage budget is about 12 million this season then it over 30 percent of that budget is from season ticket holders sales

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not much income is derived from ST sales? really? 

10 thousand season ticket at 349 pounds is 3 and half million pounds which could be very useful to Mowbray and his transfer plans/wage budget wise. 

If the reported wage budget is about 12 million this season then it over 30 percent of that budget is from season ticket holders sales

But we won't get 10,000 at 349 pounds. We'll be lucky to get more than 10,000 including kids, oaps, and complimentaries. Factor in that kids and juniors are less than £100 and oaps £200 then that brings the cash receipts down significantly.

The money received won't be anywhere near £3.5 million, more likely to be half of that. That money is useful and probably pays for the running of Ewood and the staff there, but won't be much left for players and their massive wages. Like most other clubs including those with 20,000 season ticket holders the vast majority of money spent on players and their wages will not come from ticket receipts.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

But we won't get 10,000 at 349 pounds. We'll be lucky to get more than 10,000 including kids, oaps, and complimentaries. Factor in that kids and juniors are less than £100 and oaps £200 then that brings the cash receipts down significantly.

The money received won't be anywhere near £3.5 million, more likely to be half of that. That money is useful and probably pays for the running of Ewood and the staff there, but won't be much left for players and their massive wages. Like most other clubs including those with 20,000 season ticket holders the vast majority of money spent on players and their wages will not come from ticket receipts.

How do you know we wont 10k season ticket holders? 

Nobody knows how many we get

I uses the 10k at 349 pounds as an example to show season ticket money us very useful in terms of being for transfers or wage budget terms. 

Seeing as merchandising was mentioned as a valuable income stream I was flabbergasted to see the prices of some of the newly marketed training gear. I was interested in buying a polo shirt but the £35 price turned me off immediately. It is a middle of the road quality shirt with a printed white Rovers badge. It is almost that the football industry abuses loyalty of supporters of when it comes to the general prices they expect us to pay. I bought two instead for that price from a well known high street shop.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know we wont 10k season ticket holders? 

Nobody knows how many we get

I uses the 10k at 349 pounds as an example to show season ticket money us very useful in terms of being for transfers or wage budget terms. 

I didn't say we wouldn't get to 10,000 season ticket holders. I said I didn't think we would get 10,000 each paying £349 for a season ticket. There are a lot of seniors, juniors and kids who won't be paying anywhere near that, then there's freebies for all the staff.

If we did sell 10,000 at £349 compared to 8,000 at £300 it isn't a huge difference. Maybe an extra £1000000 which certainly helps with paying the bills etc. but wont enable the club to go out and shop in a different department on transfers.

Just like Forest shifting an extra 8,000 season tickets at similar prices to ours earns them an extra £2 million or so. Helpful money but it doesn't mean they can suddenly go out and spend £13 million on one player.

Edited by JHRover

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't say we wouldn't get to 10,000 season ticket holders. I said I didn't think we would get 10,000 each paying £349 for a season ticket. There are a lot of seniors, juniors and kids who won't be paying anywhere near that, then there's freebies for all the staff.

If we did sell 10,000 at £349 compared to 8,000 at £300 it isn't a huge difference. Maybe an extra £1000000 which certainly helps with paying the bills etc. but wont enable the club to go out and shop in a different department on transfers.

Just like Forest shifting an extra 8,000 season tickets at similar prices to ours earns them an extra £2 million or so. Helpful money but it doesn't mean they can suddenly go out and spend £13 million on one player.

I was talking about Rovers not Forest. I dont know Forest situation at all

Rovers clearly arent willing chuck millions and Millions at Promotion but do it a smarter way less cost way of building a squad with good players. 

Well lets agree on 3 million pounds come from season tickets sales thats 25% percent of our wage budget. Big help to Mowbray signing players. Yes you are right it wouldnt get us signing players at 10 million but I wouldnt want that anyway.

• Backroom

£3m from season tickets still sounds like a lot when you consider that there’s probably a few hundred free under 8s in the family stand and then a lot more concessions including loads of under 21s which are half the price and then a lot of senior tickets at around £200

I think £2m is more likely which is whittled down by matchday costs as well 

• Like 1

Weren't we being told not long ago on here that ST money goes to the running costs of the ground and day to day stuff in Blackburn etc and the football side of it is separate ?

Staff cuts were being blamed almost soley on lower crowds & the fans at one point therefore can't see it having much bearing on any signings.

Can't have it both ways.

Just now, tomphil said:

Weren't we being told not long ago on here that ST money goes to the running costs of the ground and day to day stuff in Blackburn etc and the football side of it is separate ?

Staff cuts were being blamed almost soley on lower crowds & the fans at one point therefore can't see it having much bearing on any signings.

Can't have it both ways.

Certainly seems that the playing squad/managers budget is completely separate to the staff/infrastructure budget.

The odd thing is that Venkys don't seem averse to sanctioning multiple signings on decent wages and even a few million on new players now and again, usually when the manager goes out and persuades them to do it, and yet much smaller amounts of cash don't find their way into the other side of the club - such as improving the facilities, spending on a new pitch on Ewood, employing a high calibre commercial director, or even just giving the whole place a good facelift and clean.

Seems to me that the club has to wash its own face in as far as it can on a day to day basis with bills, maintenance etc. hence the stories about how short of cash we are and how we need to boost income, and then on the other side we have the playing squad and wage bill which is obtained by the manager on request.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

£3m from season tickets still sounds like a lot when you consider that there’s probably a few hundred free under 8s in the family stand and then a lot more concessions including loads of under 21s which are half the price and then a lot of senior tickets at around £200

I think £2m is more likely which is whittled down by matchday costs as well 

From what I know £2m sounds about right should we have 10,000 ST holders.

I presume Steve Waggott will be saying something about ST sales on Thursday night, although I doubt he will give out any exact figures at this stage.

Rovers have certainly lost some cash from this family this coming season. My son has decided not to renew - given a combination of work shifts and holidays meant he only saw 4/5 games all last season it was a no brainer for him, no matter how much he might want to come. I'm a senior for the first time this year so I've only paid £215 for my JW Upper seat. Mind you I still have the rug and flask to buy yet.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Interestingly I noticed the club replied to Chaddy on twitter saying they are processing seat moves and a few direct debits then will release numbers.

I thought they didn’t normally do that, not sure why they would announce a figure unless it’s a lot higher than expected.