BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interestingly I noticed the club replied to Chaddy on twitter saying they are processing seat moves and a few direct debits then will release numbers.

I thought they didn’t normally do that, not sure why they would announce a figure unless it’s a lot higher than expected. 

They don't normally Tom, except they occasionally have but only after full STs are taken off sale, which isn't until well into September. Of course we have a new man in charge this year so things could change.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Certainly seems that the playing squad/managers budget is completely separate to the staff/infrastructure budget.

The odd thing is that Venkys don't seem averse to sanctioning multiple signings on decent wages and even a few million on new players now and again, usually when the manager goes out and persuades them to do it, and yet much smaller amounts of cash don't find their way into the other side of the club - such as improving the facilities, spending on a new pitch on Ewood, employing a high calibre commercial director, or even just giving the whole place a good facelift and clean.

Seems to me that the club has to wash its own face in as far as it can on a day to day basis with bills, maintenance etc. hence the stories about how short of cash we are and how we need to boost income, and then on the other side we have the playing squad and wage bill which is obtained by the manager on request.

having the training ground facilities, all training ground pitches and Ewood Park pitch all been dig up and relayed this summer? 

Are you unhappy with Greg Coar as commercial director? 

I would agree certain things at Ewood Park does need a facelift and clean like Jack Walker statue and ground around here.  

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interestingly I noticed the club replied to Chaddy on twitter saying they are processing seat moves and a few direct debits then will release numbers.

I thought they didn’t normally do that, not sure why they would announce a figure unless it’s a lot higher than expected. 

Well I have been saying this tho haven't I Tom?

Rovers twitter account has been asked regular for how many season tickets have been sold. All they keep saying they will release the figure after the deadline

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

having the training ground facilities, all training ground pitches and Ewood Park pitch all been dig up and relayed this summer? 

The pitches have been re-seeded, I don't think they've been 'dug up' more just the top layer scraped off and then re-seeded.

I understand it is the bare minimum pitch renovation required at the end of the season and it is now a very long time since the pitch on Ewood was completely dug up and done properly.

I also heard that we've spent less on the Ewood pitch in the last few years than Stanley have on the Crown Ground. Don't know if that's true or not but when you see Championship rivals installing Desso pitches for 7 figure amounts and we're spending similar amounts to Stanley then its not hard to see why the pitch looks worn in the winter.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

The pitch used to get re-laid regularly or re-turfed to put it another way and I think that may have been part of Prem league rules but not 100% sure.

Since V's reign of terror began I doubt it's been re-turfed more than once if at all but just re-seeded every summer. No doubt it's a cost cutting exercise but as always with this lot in the long run it's probably cost more.

Plenty clubs probably reseed but the weather needs to be kind to get the best results otherwise it soon cuts up or goes bald and when there's been problems like at Ewood with the drainage etc in recent times you'd think a complete re-turf would be in order every few years.

Credit to the skill of our ground staff they tend to keep the pitch playable in a challenging climate weather wise.

Edited by tomphil

All 11 club pitches, including Ewood and those at Brockhall, have been relayed this Summer.

In other news goal line technology has to be installed as well as it's a Championship requirement. This comes at a cost of £83,000, which has to be paid for by the club.

• Like 1

Not according to the groundsman...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/pitch-up-look-sharp/

‘Trevor, who has worked for the club for over 35 years, said: "All that's happening is what we do every season, which is stripping the old turf off, adding some fresh root zone, freshening everything up and reseeding.

"People get it in their head that it's a brand new pitch, but it's not. It's more of a make do and mend job.’

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not according to the groundsman...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/pitch-up-look-sharp/

‘Trevor, who has worked for the club for over 35 years, said: "All that's happening is what we do every season, which is stripping the old turf off, adding some fresh root zone, freshening everything up and reseeding.

"People get it in their head that it's a brand new pitch, but it's not. It's more of a make do and mend job.’

Surprised that the club allowed those comments to be published on the website. Doesn't fit with the pro-Venky narrative that they stump up on new pitches every year when from the horses mouth we can see that it is a basic re-seeding and 'make do and mend' job rather than a new pitch. 

Then followed up shortly afterwards with acknowledging the owners for spending on it, but lets be honest if they didn't sanction that spending on the Ewood pitch it would end up looking shocking.

Edited by JHRover

So if they said the target was 10k and they are 81% there is that not a similar figure to last season ?

Maybe hit 9k or poss a bit over with a few signings or I wonder if they are waiting for the final early bird figure before committing money to signings ?

Edited by tomphil

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Shame that theyve increased the walk on price to a £3 premium. Counter productive to getting more walk ons to boost attendances.

1875 going up is stupid too considering lack of small allocations next season. Bit of a swindle.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Shame that theyve increased the walk on price to a £3 premium. Counter productive to getting more walk ons to boost attendances.

1875 going up is stupid too considering lack of small allocations next season. Bit of a swindle.

The 1875 mrmbership saves 3 quid on a match ticket so worth getting if you don't have a ST but are going to do a few home games. 

4 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

The 1875 mrmbership saves 3 quid on a match ticket so worth getting if you don't have a ST but are going to do a few home games. 

I will have a season ticket but some people will wake up and think yeah I might go Rovers today actually and its an additional barrier to encouraging that sort of thing that doesnt need to be there and will as a result potentially restrict attendances.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I will have a season ticket but some people will wake up and think yeah I might go Rovers today actually and its an additional barrier to encouraging that sort of thing that doesnt need to be there and will as a result potentially restrict attendances.

Waggott explained on Thursday night why there is a extra charge on the day sales

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

What is a barrier to people attending? 

People who are walk ons are obviously less committed in terms of attending games on a regular basis. This means that they are less likely to become 1875 members, and factors such as paying a needless premium on top of the ticket price may put people off. If it was someone who went every week they would go regardless, people who are walk on every now and again, less so.

Waggott explained on Thursday night why there is a extra charge on the day sales

Why?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People who are walk ons are obviously less committed in terms of attending games on a regular basis. This means that they are less likely to become 1875 members, and factors such as paying a needless premium on top of the ticket price may put people off. If it was someone who went every week they would go regardless, people who are walk on every now and again, less so.

If you know you will only make 5 to 10 home games for whatever reason then the 1875 is good value. 

• Like 1

Listen to the interview

No I dont care enough. If you are going to be an idiot about it then the conversation can go no further.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

If you know you will only make 5 to 10 home games for whatever reason then the 1875 is good value. 

I get to an extent what you are saying but fair weather fans are unlikely to see it like that, in my opinion. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No I dont care enough. If you are going to be an idiot about it then the conversation can go no further.

I get to an extent what you are saying but fair weather fans are unlikely to see it like that, in my opinion. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.

No one being an idiot at all. But the full info on there. Have you not listened to any of the interview/supporter meeting?