BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

No, I've seen bits on here but I don't particularly care what he has to say if im honest, dont want to spend an hour listening to it.

However, if theres something that directly relates to the discussion we was having about walk-on prices and the increase, then just say, rather than pointing it out then saying "listen to the interview" as it is patronising and needless. Either that or leave it out completely. Its the equivalent of saying "I've heard weve been linked with x and y" and not saying from where.

• 4 weeks later...

Around 9,000 sold.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16363040.rovers-season-ticket-update-as-liverpool-sales-top-10000/?ref=mac

Waggott still thinks they can get to their 10,500 target. Think he's very optimistic myself as you'd expect the vast majority of those interested would have sorted their tickets by now.

Maybe O2G knows more to how many are normally sold from this time of year till the end of August, is there normally a late spike?

How many did we sell last year? Waggott thinks we will sell more on the basis of the announcements we are going to make and the targets Mowbray has got. Sadly if he thinks a couple of kids on loan from Premier League clubs are going to get folk queuing down Nuttall Street for season tickets he's mistaken. A real statement of intent by substantial investment in quality players may well result in a late upturn in sales but probably not many.

Its about what I would have expected given the 17% price increase on last season. It would have been nice to hit 10,000 or more and I still maintain that 11,000-12,000 should be our target for the Championship in ideal circumstances.

Imaginative pricing might have seen 12k+ and the benefits all that brings but certainly a Dack like signing would boost the numbers to the desired target.

Seems they thought they'd fly out on the back of promotion but i'm not sure why given recent history and a lot of the 'bounce factor' has petered away quickly as it was always going to do under this regime unless it was grasped and built upon.

Going off the transfer activity it just looks like 'job done we're back in the Championship so as you were'.

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How many did we sell last year? Waggott thinks we will sell more on the basis of the announcements we are going to make and the targets Mowbray has got. Sadly if he thinks a couple of kids on loan from Premier League clubs are going to get folk queuing down Nuttall Street for season tickets he's mistaken. A real statement of intent by substantial investment in quality players may well result in a late upturn in sales but probably not many.

Its about what I would have expected given the 17% price increase on last season. It would have been nice to hit 10,000 or more and I still maintain that 11,000-12,000 should be our target for the Championship in ideal circumstances.

But we haven't signed any kids on loan from the Premiership, we have made 2 permanent signings. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But we haven't signed any kids on loan from the Premiership, we have made 2 permanent signings. 

I was referring to what is going to happen. Waggott saying that he expects more tickets to be sold because people will be impressed with Mowbray's targets and potential incomings. Having listened to Mowbray over the last couple of weeks and seen the stories in the Telegraph over the last few days there is no doubt that loans from Premier League clubs are a central component at this moment in time.

People like to get carried away if the loans are coming from Liverpool or City because that means they must be good players. I'd sooner we signed people from League One or the Championship who know what it is all about.

Just now, JHRover said:

I was referring to what is going to happen. Waggott saying that he expects more tickets to be sold because people will be impressed with Mowbray's targets and potential incomings. Having listened to Mowbray over the last couple of weeks and seen the stories in the Telegraph over the last few days there is no doubt that loans from Premier League clubs are a central component at this moment in time.

People like to get carried away if the loans are coming from Liverpool or City because that means they must be good players. I'd sooner we signed people from League One or the Championship who know what it is all about.

But you don't know whats going to happen :) Mowbray has said in his comments that bids are in for players and this is progressing. We are just waiting on Dack to sign a new deal and that will mean a number of our main men have signed long term deals. No fear of anyone leaving. It is the 2nd transfer window in a row where there have been more positives than negatives since Venkys took over. Plus, there is still 3 weeks to go. We all want business done early, but it's not easy. You can throw silly money around like a Forest, but lets see how that works out for them 

I agree about signing players with 1st team experience as opposed to under 23 experience with a City or a Liverpool. Rothwell and Davenport both tick the box of having 1st team experience along with a solid foundation of coming though the academies at Utd and City respectively. Ideally we need a striker, 2 wingers and a centre half. I reckon we will sign 1 striker, 1 winger and 1 centre half on permanent deals before the window closes, with the other winger coming on loan. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Around 9,000 sold.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16363040.rovers-season-ticket-update-as-liverpool-sales-top-10000/?ref=mac

Waggott still thinks they can get to their 10,500 target. Think he's very optimistic myself as you'd expect the vast majority of those interested would have sorted their tickets by now.

Maybe O2G knows more to how many are normally sold from this time of year till the end of August, is there normally a late spike?

I don't Matty, sorry, but there will be a number sold around the start of the season.

I do know that at the Fans Forum last week the club had sold more than last season's number, which would have included half season ticket sales as well. The 10,500 target is I assume the stretch target they have spoken about a few times. At the Forum Mike Cheston was hoping they would get to that target on full ST sales but strictly speaking they would meet it with half ST sales.

I also know that very few will now be sold before 11th August as there is now no incentive to do so, but that some will be sold from then until they go off sale sometime in September. What that number is is anyone's guess but will depend on what happens in the first few weeks of the season. Some of that will be who we sign whether permanently or on loan but some will also be on performances. As we know from last season the biggest way to boost sales is to win matches.

The club are still planning to do a price promotion at one of the early games in the season. I was assuming it would be the Millwall game but that's not definite - they could be waiting until after the main holiday season.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I don't Matty, sorry, but there will be a number sold around the start of the season.

I do know that at the Fans Forum last week the club had sold more than last season's number, which would have included half season ticket sales as well. The 10,500 target is I assume the stretch target they have spoken about a few times. At the Forum Mike Cheston was hoping they would get to that target on full ST sales but strictly speaking they would meet it with half ST sales.

I also know that very few will now be sold before 11th August as there is now no incentive to do so, but that some will be sold from then until they go off sale sometime in September. What that number is is anyone's guess but will depend on what happens in the first few weeks of the season. Some of that will be who we sign whether permanently or on loan but some will also be on performances. As we know from last season the biggest way to boost sales is to win matches.

The club are still planning to do a price promotion at one of the early games in the season. I was assuming it would be the Millwall game but that's not definite - they could be waiting until after the main holiday season.

Thanks for the info...

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

In the old days, extra STs and Shirts were sold on the back of a marquee signing to excite the masses.

Cheston said he doesn't expect hardly any more STs sold before the season starts.

So no exciting signings then. No big name to put on the back of those horrible Coventry Blue shirts.

If the club excites the fans, they will take the plunge and get back down Ewood.

The word "Underwhelmed" has been written many times on here over the past few weeks.

He was hardly going to say that he expected loads of ST sales on July 20th or whenever was he though? He was just making a general point that it there is no financial incentive now to buy a season ticket before the first home game of the season.