BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

As though it only started happening last season...

It's been said by others already, and maybe I'm no expert on the matter, I would've thought that TV money even in the Championship far outweighs a price hike for people when times are only getting harder and harder. If they'd have frozen them, or done some sort of incentive, i.e. kids get a free shirt with a season ticket or something, it would've have got some fans back onside with the running of the club.

Hey ho...

TV money in the Championship until the new deal kicks in 2019  (in brackets League 1 clubs)

Live TV Games Home team 100k *  (30k) , Live away team 10K (10k)

*120 k for Sunday games , 140k for Thursday games

Basic award for being in the Championship 2.3Million (732 K)

PL Solidarity payment :4.5 million (675 K)

Edited: Basic award and PL solidarity payments for 2018/19

Edited by perthblue02

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

OH MY LORD....THE SHEER CHEEK AND INCONVENIENCE OF IT!!!!

Personally I would rather have to pay extra than to have big ques. But maybe it’s actually a discount for purchasing early. I realise people have their own opinion, but how many people make such a late decision really. It can’t be many. Away fans however often travel without tickets, And be the biggest victims of the increase.

Have people forgotten Boxing Day 2017 vs Rochdale?

Queues for match day tickets around the entire area in front of the Blackburn End, and some affected home fans only getting in to Ewood Park 25 minutes after the game kicked off?  I know people who walked out of that queue and straight into the Fox + Hounds.  Others doubtless just went home.  All for a crowd (including visitors) of 15,115.

Between that game and Oxford at Ewood in May, they introduced the "last minute" surcharge.  For Oxford - 26,310 HOME fans on, everyone who wanted to be in for kick off was in, and there was no queue whatsoever for last minute walk-up tickets.

Missing 25% of the game of football is more costly than a (roughly) 10% price hike on the day - and is also far more annoying for all concerned.  And who in this day and age only decides on Saturday afternoon what they're actually going to be doing later on Saturday afternoon?  I suspect that 95% or more of potential last minute walk-up fans already know they can get cheaper tickets before 12.30pm, and make sure that they do.  Anyone who doesn't probably won't even realise or don't care that the price has gone up when they buy.

The contrast between Rochdale (H) and Oxford (H) proves that this policy works, it's just not the done thing on BRFCS to give any credit to anything that the club does.

21 minutes ago, roverzee said:

Queues for match day tickets around the entire area in front of the Blackburn End, and some affected home fans only getting in to Ewood Park 25 minutes after the game kicked off?  I know people who walked out of that queue and straight into the Fox + Hounds.  Others doubtless just went home.  All for a crowd (including visitors) of 15,115.

Between that game and Oxford at Ewood in May, they introduced the "last minute" surcharge.  For Oxford - 26,310 HOME fans on, everyone who wanted to be in for kick off was in, and there was no queue whatsoever for last minute walk-up tickets.

Missing 25% of the game of football is more costly than a (roughly) 10% price hike on the day - and is also far more annoying for all concerned.  And who in this day and age only decides on Saturday afternoon what they're actually going to be doing later on Saturday afternoon?  I suspect that 95% or more of potential last minute walk-up fans already know they can get cheaper tickets before 12.30pm, and make sure that they do.  Anyone who doesn't probably won't even realise or don't care that the price has gone up when they buy.

The contrast between Rochdale (H) and Oxford (H) proves that this policy works, it's just not the done thing on BRFCS to give any credit to anything that the club does.

The surcharge has been around longer than that hasn't it ?

Like from the beginning of last season..........

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

What a ???

Rovers policy should be

Bought prior to 12.30 "Thank you ever so much for your support. Enjoy the game"

Bought after 12.30 "Thank you ever so much for your support. Enjoy the game"

Rather than profiteering with no justification whatsoever. I know it was on all last season but it's a disgraceful stance and always has been.

It's certainly not the club it once was off the pitch.

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 1

I'm happy to be corrected on two counts

1) The surcharge clearly didn't matter to any of the people who stood freezing outside Ewood on Boxing Day to get in having missed a quarter of the game

2) Everyone had clearly got the message by Oxford, because there were no queues and 26,310 home fans, who are all now fully aware they can save money and avoid queuing by buying tickets early.

1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

Personally I would rather have to pay extra than to have big ques. But maybe it’s actually a discount for purchasing early. I realise people have their own opinion, but how many people make such a late decision really. It can’t be many. Away fans however often travel without tickets, And be the biggest victims of the increase.

There’s a job for you in Rovers’ marketing team!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverzee said:

Think you have to factor in the Boxing Day game was round Christmas. (As it would be). 

I'd be very surprised if the main factor in applying the surcharge was to eliminate a queue at the ticket office.

59 minutes ago, Ozz said:

The biggest queue on Boxing Day was actually people  collecting pre paid for tickets, not buying them. 

Yep- I was one of them in there, collecting tickets bought as a gift. I reckon the queue for walk ins was around the same as it always is. 

6 hours ago, roverzee said:

I'm happy to be corrected on two counts

1) The surcharge clearly didn't matter to any of the people who stood freezing outside Ewood on Boxing Day to get in having missed a quarter of the game

2) Everyone had clearly got the message by Oxford, because there were no queues and 26,310 home fans, who are all now fully aware they can save money and avoid queuing by buying tickets early.

Everyone had clearly got the message because it wasn’t a £2 surcharge that day - it was a £15 one! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve not even heard if my direct debit has been set up (or even accepted ?) yet...

I made a direct debit payment on 5th July, had to check myself after reading your post, didn't even realise! 

I tend to put off checking my account, for fear of crying.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, donnermeat said:

I made a direct debit payment on 5th July, had to check myself after reading your post, didn't even realise! 

I tend to put off checking my account, for fear of crying.

Ha, it's taken a lot of damage today has my bank account, might have a look tomorrow......

Zebra would appear to be really strict. I've had no problem sorting my Direct Debit via Premium Credit for the last few years. But Zebra have turned me down. They've also turned down four other people I know. That's at least five of us who will not be at Ewood next season!!! 

15 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Premium Credit accepted everyone - it was part of the agreement. They have gone back to Zebra this year, who are doing full credit checks.

Don't worry the robbing barstewards will make it up by stuffing late arrivals for £3

12 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Don't worry the robbing barstewards will make it up by stuffing late arrivals for £3

Well they won't make it from me nor the other people I know who have been refused. We wont be going at all. I did say 5 people but that equates to 10 season tickets. There must be lots of others. It all adds up.

• Moderation Lead

I've still heard nothing about mine.... Had a season ticket on Direct Debit for the last few years and there's nothing wrong with my credit, so I'd be very surprised if I was turned down tbh.

That just stupid. It's quite simple, as with your car insurance, you pay a month in advance, if you don't pay one month you get a week or two to sort it out, if not your ticket gets cancelled and you can't get in - simples! I bet there's loads who are getting knocked back if that's the case. ST sales will be 10-15% down on what they expect at this rate.

I've paid for mine & my daughter's up front (primarily due to credit issues in the past) and I've still not received anything, as has my Dad who paid his up front too.