BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

• Moderation Lead

Ultimately, as long as it arrives before the first HOME game, I’m not bothered.

There was a problem with mine, so I had to re-order it, but it’s all sorted now and direct debit comes out on pay day each month, happy days!

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Ultimately, as long as it arrives before the first HOME game, I’m not bothered.

There was a problem with mine, so I had to re-order it, but it’s all sorted now and direct debit comes out on pay day each month, happy days!

Granted. Not much chance to sort out any issues but hey ho.

8 hours ago, JAL said:

The number of season tickets sold reflects the amount of optimism for the coming season. If sales aren't much higher than last season then it shows that the club and Mowbray haven't done enough anywhere near enough to raise the excitement for the forthcoming season.

It's not only about excitement for the upcoming season. We could have signed a whole raft of exciting players and people for whatever reason might still not choose to buy a ST. Granted a couple of exciting signings might push those who thought they might get one into actually getting one but they wouldn't necessarily have a big impact on those who thought they probably wouldn't buy. Like most things it's not black and white 

10 hours ago, gumboots said:

It's not only about excitement for the upcoming season. We could have signed a whole raft of exciting players and people for whatever reason might still not choose to buy a ST. Granted a couple of exciting signings might push those who thought they might get one into actually getting one but they wouldn't necessarily have a big impact on those who thought they probably wouldn't buy. Like most things it's not black and white 

Surely this would have been at a minimum like the May bank holiday weekend when a weekend away or Rovers at home to Oxford swayed it for the many. It doesn't help though when the club goes scoring own goals with its own supporters by booting or displacing younger vociferous supporters from Darwen end at the expense of the club looking to please the away supporters.

This Waggott fella and whoever was behind this move should be removed from our club asap !

When I carried out my rudimentary calculation the other night I just about reached 9,000 In terms of seats that were not available for purchase.

That will also include complimentary for staff and I think also includes a small number restricted view seats in the Riverside.

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Surely this would have been at a minimum like the May bank holiday weekend when a weekend away or Rovers at home to Oxford swayed it for the many. It doesn't help though when the club goes scoring own goals with its own supporters by booting or displacing younger vociferous supporters from Darwen end at the expense of the club looking to please the away supporters.

This Waggott fella and whoever was behind this move should be removed from our club asap !

I totally agree that closing stands without consultation (even if they'd already decided to do it they could have looked like they cared) and the price don't help 

Forest, who’ve sold record amounts of season tickets, have done this for young fans:

‘In a move to make top-class football in Nottingham more affordable for young fans... season cards for 4-11-year-olds will be just £10 – a £15 reduction from the current campaign. This will include entry into the young fans membership scheme, giving supporters exclusive access to a series of special events.

Prices for 12-17-year-olds will be just £50 – a £100 reduction on this season.

The club are also introducing a new price band that will cover 18-23-year-olds. Priced at just £100 for the season, this will represent a £150 to £230 reduction for supporters depending on their age.’

In comparison, Rovers:

0-11: £60-£75

12-17: £90-£110

18-21: £195-£299

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16211667.rovers-season-tickets-set-to-go-on-sale/

Children up to 7 are free in the family stand with a paying adult. Used to be 8 but still a good offer.

Totally agree about teens and young adults though. If they are still in full time education they aren’t earning so it’s just milking the parents again. If they are earning, chances are it will be a Saturday. Could we offset the price of a teen by charging a bit more for kids? I wouldn’t mind at all paying £25 for a season ticket for a child under 7. That could offset the “older children”.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16211667.rovers-season-tickets-set-to-go-on-sale/

Children up to 7 are free in the family stand with a paying adult. Used to be 8 but still a good offer.

Totally agree about teens and young adults though. If they are still in full time education they aren’t earning so it’s just milking the parents again. If they are earning, chances are it will be a Saturday. Could we offset the price of a teen by charging a bit more for kids? I wouldn’t mind at all paying £25 for a season ticket for a child under 7. That could offset the “older children”.

A load of young fans drop off at that point when parents stop paying for their ST.

An incremental rise in price, like the Forest example would help keep those fans in the tent.

Cue Rev’s entrance - “18 year olds are able to get tanked up at the weekend, so feck ‘em make them pay £200-£300!”

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

So basically transfer the cost from one set of parents to another? Doesn't seem logical to me!

The parent of a 7yo is given a free ST.

The parent of a 13yo pays £90 for the same ticket.

My ‘logic’ was that the 7yo old’s parent could pay £30 so that the parent of the 13yo only pays £60.

Is that really so illogical? Or unfair?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

To me, it makes sense to keep younger families free of costs compared to older families, and to encourage parents to take their kids at the youngest possible age. Actually, the club could do more in that regard for the slightly older kids, but if that means hiking prices for adults, I'm not sure everyone would be happy.

£30 is too much for a child season ticket?

I’d say Under 4yo probably aren’t that interested in the football and it’s about keeping the parents interested and getting children into the habit.

I don’t think we do enough to make it affordable for teenagers and their families - and we haven’t even got onto the fact we are charging an 18yo £215 - and probably encouraging them to take out loans to be able to afford to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I never said £30 was too much for a child season ticket Stuart. In my first post, I never said your system was unfair, either.

I miss having a season ticket. You lucky buggers that get to go... ?

You moved away?