BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16401783.rovers-fans-will-soon-be-able-to-use-season-ticket-to-pay-for-a-pint/

I’ll be honest, this seems a good idea and hopefully, I can trial it on Saturday...

You cant yet it has to be linked with your credit or debit card which is going to be around november so cash and queue for the time being

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16401783.rovers-fans-will-soon-be-able-to-use-season-ticket-to-pay-for-a-pint/

I’ll be honest, this seems a good idea and hopefully, I can trial it on Saturday...

My impression of the new STs is very positive. I rarely spend in the concourse but anything which helps to speed up the process has to be good. I suspect the club will get a few more pounds out of people like me. I often don’t have cash with me which limits my buying, this will overcome that barrier in the club’s eyes.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:27, Mattyblue said:

Forest, who’ve sold record amounts of season tickets, have done this for young fans:

‘In a move to make top-class football in Nottingham more affordable for young fans... season cards for 4-11-year-olds will be just £10 – a £15 reduction from the current campaign. This will include entry into the young fans membership scheme, giving supporters exclusive access to a series of special events.

Prices for 12-17-year-olds will be just £50 – a £100 reduction on this season.

The club are also introducing a new price band that will cover 18-23-year-olds. Priced at just £100 for the season, this will represent a £150 to £230 reduction for supporters depending on their age.’

In comparison, Rovers:

0-11: £60-£75

12-17: £90-£110

18-21: £195-£299

I was banging this drum on the opening post in this thread. it's astounding the club haven't built on the interest of the huge numbers of young fans who were there for the Oxford game by offering them cheap ST's. 

On 10/05/2018 at 00:55, RevidgeBlue said:

I still Don't think the price in itself will deter people although I could be wrong. If there isn't a very decent increase in numbers following promotion then obviously the balance isn't quite right.

Sorry to quote you Rev, but I just remembered this post from the time. Looking at the figures from open day I estimate we've probably sold an extra 1,000 or so.

Thinking back to the buzz around the club from Doncaster through to Oxford, for me the club has missed a big opportunity. I wasn't expecting sales of 12,000; it's mid table Championship at best for us at the moment, so it's not going to pour them through the gates, but I certainly had hopes for the 10,000+ that Waggott himself was targeting. 

But why?

- Price?

- Delays in getting them on sale?

- Has the whole database been targeted to get them back in the tent?

- Lack of signings?

Combination of them all?

Edited by Mattyblue

If you can't afford a season ticket in League 1 you aren't going to be able to afford one in the Championship. And the casual fan is hardly going to return in a hurry on the back of witnessing Saturday's game. They might have done on the back of the huge turnout for the Oxford game when loads of young lads and lasses turned up. On that note, and in respect of the Notts Forest decision to slash ST prices for their young fans to £100 max, this is what their commercial manager said at the time:

“Following consultation with various fan representatives, it also became apparent that making football more accessible for young supporters was crucial. As a result, the club is delighted to offer significant price decreases for 2018/19 Season Cards for fans from the age of four right through to the age of 23"

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/nottingham-forest-reveal-new-season-1262904

They aren't the only club to have done it either. If only our commercial manager or Waggott weren't so out of touch.

• Like 7

The more expensive ST get, the more people on tight budgets will think about value if they know they can't attend every match through work commitments or whatever. When they're cheap, if you can't go, it's not a fortune you're wasting. Therefore season tickets become less viable if you suddenly push prices up

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone remember which game they said the 'chip and pin' would be activated for the kiosks under the stand?

The work to get all the technology in is being done during the October (or it could be the November one?) international break, so probably the next home game after that at a guess.

I gave my season ticket up a couple of seasons ago when my son was born, I knew I'd miss more games than I'd attend so I would essentially be throwing money down the drain. When I was a younger lad with less responsibilities I bought one regardless and because they were so well priced it never cost me any more over a season than buying individual tickets. 

Last season I ended up spending about 20 quid less than a season ticket would cost so toyed with getting one this year, my lad is coming up 4 and I planned to start bringing him more regular, however the price hike put me off massively and again made it so I would be throwing money down the drain. I think my seat in the JW wings has gone up to something like 450 quid, which I'd need to attend 18 games or so to make it worthwhile. I really think they've missed a trick this year with getting casual fans and those who travel from the wider area to the game. I remember going back 7 or 8 years there were 2 coaches ran from Lancaster every week and a load more travelling off their own steam, most of those fans have packed in going now and I'd wager that a good offer on prices may have enticed a good chunk of them back.

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The work to get all the technology in is being done during the October (or it could be the November one?) international break, so probably the next home game after that at a guess.

Cheers, I am sure they gave a specific game on their website / twitter at some point though! 

Yep, it defintely impacted my decision if I'm honest. The price hike and the fact I can watch all the midweek games with my Sky package definitely had an impact, whilst I will still come to the majority of home midweek games as they work easiest for me not missing a Saturday with my wife and kids. Come December when it's driving rain and freezing, 25 quid and Diesel from Lancaster plus a walk to Ewood from Mill Hill will almost definitely be getting sacrificed for watching it on telly.

The same thing is happening with GAA over here. With bigger TVs and nice craft beers it's always tempting to watch at home instead of going out in the cold,wet weather and having to queue for ages for a beer in a plastic glass. You can't beat live sports, but it can be a big effort to get to the games. If clubs are getting more and more money off Sky, the fairest and most practical step would be to reduce ticket prices. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The same thing is happening with GAA over here. With bigger TVs and nice craft beers it's always tempting to watch at home instead of going out in the cold,wet weather and having to queue for ages for a beer in a plastic glass. You can't beat live sports, but it can be a big effort to get to the games. If clubs are getting more and more money off Sky, the fairest and most practical step would be to reduce ticket prices. 

It doesn't help with that new system they have brought in with the all Ireland, playing a mini league with this super 8 system.Im not a fan of that at all.Are they keeping that in place going forward?

Plus the GAA have gone too steep with ticket prices Croke Park is always an expensive day out. Living in England I only go back to watch Kerry in the all Ireland semi and Final if we are involved.

When I was living in Ireland I would have gone to all the Kerry matches in the all Ireland if I was back there now I'd be watching most games on tv.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Football for the armchair masses whilst the hardcore addicted try and keep some soul in the sterile grounds on view.

Living 30 mile away and it being on tv makes it hard to be addicted, I'd say the average Rovers game costs me getting on for 50 quid a game after ticket, diesel, brew/beer. 

Just now, islander200 said:

It doesn't help with that new system they have brought in with the all Ireland, playing a mini league with this super 8 system.Im not a fan of that at all.Are they keeping that in place going forward?

Plus the GAA have gone too steep with ticket prices Croke Park is always an expensive day out. Living in England I only go back to watch Kerry in the all Ireland semi and Final if we are involved.

When I was living in Ireland I would have gone to all the Kerry matches in the all Ireland if I was back there now I'd be watching most games on tv.

I haven't really researched it, but I don't understand this super 8 stuff at all. It hasn't been a success anyway.  The hurling was far better than the football this year. I enjoy watching both, but I am getting a bit bored of Dublin winning the football every year now. 

Ah, it's a great day out. I'm from Tipperary ,so I have had a few good days out at both semis and finals. You really can't beat it for banter. Tickets are steep alright though. Crowds were noticeably down across the board this year, be a shame if this is the new norm. Croke park does not look or feel great when not at capacity 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Living 30 mile away and it being on tv makes it hard to be addicted, I'd say the average Rovers game costs me getting on for 50 quid a game after ticket, diesel, brew/beer. 

Yep it'll start eating into the hardcore of the smaller fanbases before long but the suits don't give a toss as long as the viewing figures and advert revenue stand up well.

I think it will be really noticeable in League 2, how many Exeter fans are going to travel to Macclesfield on a Tuesday night when they can watch at home , save half a days leave and not spend hours on a coach in traffic. It could cost teams 10's of thousands of pounds in lost revenue, teams like Morecambe and Accrington rely heavily on big away followings swelling their coffers. I know Morecambe really felt the loss of having Bradford and Carlisle in their league. 

Is there anything to stop travelling teams offering the game live at their own ground/bar?

5 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think it will be really noticeable in League 2, how many Exeter fans are going to travel to Macclesfield on a Tuesday night when they can watch at home , save half a days leave and not spend hours on a coach in traffic. It could cost teams 10's of thousands of pounds in lost revenue, teams like Morecambe and Accrington rely heavily on big away followings swelling their coffers. I know Morecambe really felt the loss of having Bradford and Carlisle in their league. 

Is there anything to stop travelling teams offering the game live at their own ground/bar?

This comes back to the 'conspiracy theory' that has been going round for a while now that the derby games and big followings are deliberately reserved for the weekends whilst the nightmare long distance games are moved to midweek. Makes sense for the money men who want the hoardes turning up at the weekend and are quite happy with a couple of hundred turning up mid-week.

Therefore if the plan works as designed clubs shouldn't miss out on those sort because in theory the likes of Stanley v Bradford or Morecambe v Carlisle would qualify as weekend games

Rovers are down for Swansea away midweek which is as a bad a trip as they come but there will probably be 500 or so go down, possibly a few more if we're doing ok. On a Saturday that might be 1,000 at a push so they'll have it sussed out. Preston at Norwich tonight which is another one that makes no sense yet I saw the big city club PNE had sold almost 300 tickets as of yesterday. How many on Saturday at Norwich? Maybe another 3-400 but not much more.

I was disappointed with the red button service last night. I couldn't be bothered with the pro-Leeds propaganda so watched Rotherham v Hull, it was quite surreal as it appeared to be running through the internet with a patchy picture and only one camera angle.

Edited by JHRover

It's not a conspiracy theory, that's a truth, they do save local games, etc for weekends. I agree with what you're saying but a drop of 3-400 fans paying 20 quid a head plus in ground spend could have a massive impact on league 1 and 2 clubs, probably looking at creating a £35k hole for some clubs. I  don't have all the figures so the EFL may have increased clubs solidarity payments to reflect this, the worrying thought is that as the weather gets worse and nights draw in it may not only be travelling fans who decide to save themselves the bother of going on.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

It's not a conspiracy theory, that's a truth, they do save local games, etc for weekends. I agree with what you're saying but a drop of 3-400 fans paying 20 quid a head plus in ground spend could have a massive impact on league 1 and 2 clubs, probably looking at creating a £35k hole for some clubs. I  don't have all the figures so the EFL may have increased clubs solidarity payments to reflect this, the worrying thought is that as the weather gets worse and nights draw in it may not only be travelling fans who decide to save themselves the bother of going on.

Will the EFL clubs not be well compensated by the t.v. companies though?

I mean it's part of the new tv deal.I definitely get the viewpoint that it will be a killer for attendances and match atmosphere but surely the club's will be getting compensated for this