BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't tell you as I don't think pricing per se is an issue. There were also bundles of cheap tickets though if I recall correctly.

As for the missing 15k from the Oxford game, how many would have been down for a run of the mill game on a freezing day  in February at £10?

Not many.

More than have been down so far this season. The attendances on the back of a promotion and money invested in the squad are frankly pathetic. Waggott takes the credit for that.

As for last season, there were '3 game' tickets that came out at about £17 a match, about the same as the most expensive season ticket. Not much take up on those as they weren't particularly cheap. I'd suggest pricing is a big issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Then again Waggott thinks charging someone £10 to replace a ST is a good idea. He's not only failing to re-engage the lapsed fans, he's also pissing off the ones still there. 

Is that true? A lost ST replacement card cost a tenner?

As blueboy says the ‘Final 6’ and ‘Final 10’ bundles were no cheaper pro rata than half or full season tickets.

We are a club that is heavily reliant on season ticket sales, we just don’t sell many walk ons - no surprise at those prices, you many add! Therefore, knowing just how important ST sales are for our bottom line, how were lapsed or those on the database chased for renewals/purchases? Why wasn’t everyone at the Oxford game given a flyer or contacted? Why weren’t they actually on sale on the day against Oxford?

Other clubs have ticket office staff who’s job over the summer is to follow up on said fans. A non renewer or long term lapsed fan will be able to tell us - were you contacted by the club? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, donnermeat said:

Yes it's true, it cost me a tenner last season when I misplaced (lost) it during a house move. Granted that's my own fault though.

And of course it turned up a couple of weeks later.

Ten quid though. Your fault or not there is no justification for that. A bit of plastic and the admin time of a member of staff.

The priorities when it comes to tickets are all wrong. Lack of ST sales before the end of the season; out-of-touch walk-on prices, prioritisation of away fans, high admin costs. They even wanted a tenner to park your car for the Lincoln game. Maximising the home fan attendance is low on the agenda. It’s the complete opposite of what Williams tried to do and although it’s largely forgiven at the minute with the team doing well on the pitch, it will come back to bite Waggott.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

As blueboy says the ‘Final 6’ and ‘Final 10’ bundles were no cheaper pro rata than half or full season tickets.

We are a club that is heavily reliant on season ticket sales, we just don’t sell many walk ons - no surprise at those prices, you many add! Therefore, knowing just how important ST sales are for our bottom line, how were lapsed or those on the database chased for renewals/purchases? Why wasn’t everyone at the Oxford game given a flyer or contacted? Why weren’t they actually on sale on the day against Oxford?

Other clubs have ticket office staff who’s job over the summer is to follow up on said fans. A non renewer or long term lapsed fan will be able to tell us - were you contacted by the club? 

Yes they sent out a mail shot to those who'd had season tickets in the last five years at least. Don't know if those who bought tickets on a match basis were contacted too 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keep your season ticket card in your wallet then you wont cost you a tenner! Fairly easy ?

I didn't cost me a tenner, whatever that means. You need to be able to type a sentence without @#/? it up before you're in a position to patronise anyone else. The fact your point was nonsense anyway was just par for the course. 

7 hours ago, donnermeat said:

Yes it's true, it cost me a tenner last season when I misplaced (lost) it during a house move. Granted that's my own fault though.

And of course it turned up a couple of weeks later.

Interesting. The lady on the phone said the reason for the charge was that new fangled cards are 'expensive'. Obviously not if they charged the same last season. 

• Like 2

When they get ST's printed they'll be ordering job lots in the thousands at a discounted price so ordering just single ones to be printed will cost them extra, most businesses would probably pass on that cost to the customer.

Annoying but not unusual sadly.

Just make sure you dont lose your season ticket in the ground or someone may be on a free afternoon session at the bar on it !!:lol:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16401783.rovers-fans-will-soon-be-able-to-use-season-ticket-to-pay-for-a-pint/

As for the ten pound charge regarding lost tickets as has already been said ..in place for years. Infact once upon a time if you forgot your season ticket on match day you could go to the ticket office and they d issue you a paper ticket for that game only for a tenner which i think you could claim back at the ticket office at a later date on production of your season ticket .

Edited by HowieFive0

I remember when the ST used to be like a book of raffle tickets.

The ticket number for each game was posted above the turnstile and was seemingly selected at random from the remaining numbers in the book. 

There was always a little bit of panic as I flicked through the book of tickets convinced that the required number was missing and I would be left outside Ewood while all my mates strolled in.  

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

The £10 replacement charge has been in place for years. I can remember having to replace one at least 10 years ago and it was £10 then.

Absolutely, it's not a new thing at all. The exact same £10 replacement applied in the days of Saint John as well. However as someone else has said if you haven't actually lost your ST card but have simply left it at home I think you can nip into the Club Shop or ticket office and get a paper ST "exception" free of charge. I'v e had to do both in the past.

Why should you get a free replacement if you are careless enough to lose your ST? The Club have to issue you the card and someone in the office has to take time out to cancel the old card, run the card off and bring it down to the Club Shop/Ticket Office etc. I Don't think prices are a valid stick to beat the Club with. The replacement card charge certainly isn't. If you Don't want to pay it, look after your card properly!

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely, it's not a new thing at all. The exact same £10 replacement applied in the days of Saint John as well. However as someone else has said if you haven't actually lost your ST card but have simply left it at home I think you can nip into the Club Shop or ticket office and get a paper ST "exception" free of charge. I'v e had to do both in the past.

Why should you get a free replacement if you are careless enough to lose your ST? The Club have to issue you the card and someone in the office has to take time out to cancel the old card, run the card off and bring it down to the Club Shop/Ticket Office etc. I Don't think prices are a valid stick to beat the Club with. The replacement card charge certainly isn't. If you Don't want to pay it, look after your card properly!

Whilst, ordinarily, I agree with all this, the case in point here is after the poster was robbed.....

(Post in question on page 27). 

• Like 1

• Backroom

i lost my season ticket last year, they replaced it for free but said next time would be £10 if it happened again.

I quite like this scheme that Peterborough are doing, any 12 Home games in the season with savings on match day prices.

An idea that could be popular with people like @gumboots who wouldn’t get value from a full season ticket or a half season ticket 

https://www.theposh.com/tickets/12-game-flexi-ticket/

If priced right it seems a logical move for clubs with no obvious downside for anyone

• Like 2

I had my wallet stolen a few weeks back with 3 season tickets in. The guy at the ticket office was very apologetic, but said he had to charge me as the system wouldn’t let him do it for no payment. He did only charge for 1 of the tickets though, which was a bonus. 

It’s not just rovers who charge for replacement cards though, as I unfortunately found out. £20 for a new driving licence, £5 for a new student card, plus a few others as well. As others have said I’m not sure this is something to beat the club over

• Like 2

Just a few replacement costs at random

Senior rail card £10

Driving licence £20

Passport £75.50

Oyster card £10

GMPTE £10

Sadly our house has done the first three this year. Never mind let's kick the club at every opportunity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom said:

lost my season ticket last year, they replaced it for free but said next time would be £10 if it happened again.

Good to know the charge is discretionary. I will be pointing the ticket office in this direction when they attempt to rob me of another £10. 

#takingittotheman #smashingthesystem #chumbawumba

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just a few replacement costs at random

Senior rail card £10

Driving licence £20

Passport £75.50

Oyster card £10

GMPTE £10

Sadly our house has done the first three this year. Never mind let's kick the club at every opportunity.

It's not really the same. If you don't get a new DL, for example, I presume you're breaking the law. My ST is a luxury. If they impose a £10 charge on me I may impose a £400 charge on them by not renewing. We all have choices. 

• Like 1

Whether it's a luxury or not, there are still costs associated with replacing the cards. Having your wallet stolen is unfortunate, but describing the ticket office of robbing you by asking for a payment for a service is ridiculous.

If you don't replace your rail card you are going to lose your discounts - it's a choice not to renew but not a very smart one.

Oyster card replacement is, surprisingly, free by the way.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

but describing the ticket office of robbing you by asking for a payment for a service is ridiculous.

Employing Steve Kean was ridiculous. I'm just asking not to be charged a fee for replacing a card that I've already paid for once.

So,If they charge me a fee I wasn't aware of for replacing a ST that was stolen from me I consider that being robbed.

You may think it's acceptable, but even just from a customer service point of view, I don't...especially when that fee seems to be discretionary anyway.

Edited by blueboy3333