BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe have a season ticket where you can attend 10 home games per season for 120 pounds or something like that. would allow flexible and suit someone on shift work patterns

It's a fair idea but I think a few probably already buy one at full whack and do that so the club would worry of losing money there plus others deciding for one of them over a full price one anyway.

They should be able to come up with something though some of them are paid good money to allegedly 'think' about these things.

There is the 1875 though which is saving money on matchday tickets.

Edited by tomphil

Another couple of twists...

Anyone lapsed ST holder been offered a free match ticket yet? Seems this is happening.

Also, there are several groups of British asians in the family stand tonight. (Groups of 10+ in each). Don’t get me wrong, great news that we are gaining interest from the Muslim community BUT are we giving away tickets or offering discounts, or just marketing. It’d be interesting to know. On the face of it, it’s pretty successful. Just need to build on it.

Will they not be the parents of some of the kids that were flag waving and them walking round the pitch at half time? Generally speaking I imagine any big group in the family stand that suddenly appear are freebies.

Havent heard about the lapsed ST thing, but at least it’s trying something.

Edited by Mattyblue

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Stanley have half season tickets on sale already.

Shame you still couldnt my simple questions to you the other day. You have ignore them. Wonder why? 

Anyway on Stanley who cares. Rovers half season tickets will go on sale in December. No point any sooner. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shame you still couldnt my simple questions to you the other day. You have ignore them. Wonder why? 

Anyway on Stanley who cares. Rovers half season tickets will go on sale in December. No point any sooner. 

Of course there is a point in getting them on sale now. Rovers are exceeding expectations so far this season and anybody who is struggling to think is a Christmas gift might be interested. Also people might want to start saving for them as presents now. And getting them on sale early acts as a reminder. It's called striking whilst the iron is still hot.

You don't work in sales or marketing do you?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I care because it is another example of a club facing arguably bigger challenges than we are that has taken the decision and made the effort to get a head start on sales by putting them on sale in October rather than leaving it until December.

They aren't the only ones. Norwich have announced their half season ticket prices this week. They've got the luxury of 20,000+ turning up every week yet still make the effort. I bet if you go through the leagues there are plenty of others who won't wait until December, just like there were lots and lots of clubs who got their full season tickets on sale in February or March rather than June.

'No point any sooner'. I'm sure that's the cavalier taking it for granted attitude that saw the 27,000 crowd v Oxford come and go without the opportunity to commit to a season ticket and why hardly any of those people could be persuaded to come back, and why a promotion season failed to see a significant rise in crowds.

Clearly very well paid executives at rival clubs feel there is a point in making it sooner. If that decision results in a mere 10 people making a decision to buy a ticket then surely it is worth doing?

Again it comes back to the basic theory - the wider your sales window the more time and opportunity people have to buy the product. The narrower the window the less chance people have to sign up and get the money together or be persuaded.

What possible harm could it do to follow other clubs and get them on sale earlier?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why have Stanley done it then? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For someone who claims to have half the forum on ignore (you haven't really) it's quite funny you should repeatedly chastise one person for ignoring you. You're such a Diva!

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you're that bothered, please can you send him a PM instead of repeating the same question over and over again, clogging up the thread? Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I care because it is another example of a club facing arguably bigger challenges than we are that has taken the decision and made the effort to get a head start on sales by putting them on sale in October rather than leaving it until December.

They aren't the only ones. Norwich have announced their half season ticket prices this week. They've got the luxury of 20,000+ turning up every week yet still make the effort. I bet if you go through the leagues there are plenty of others who won't wait until December, just like there were lots and lots of clubs who got their full season tickets on sale in February or March rather than June.

'No point any sooner'. I'm sure that's the cavalier taking it for granted attitude that saw the 27,000 crowd v Oxford come and go without the opportunity to commit to a season ticket and why hardly any of those people could be persuaded to come back, and why a promotion season failed to see a significant rise in crowds.

Clearly very well paid executives at rival clubs feel there is a point in making it sooner. If that decision results in a mere 10 people making a decision to buy a ticket then surely it is worth doing?

Again it comes back to the basic theory - the wider your sales window the more time and opportunity people have to buy the product. The narrower the window the less chance people have to sign up and get the money together or be persuaded.

What possible harm could it do to follow other clubs and get them on sale earlier?

For some, getting the money together is a big thing, especially if they're paying for several tickets. Getting them on sale soon would give them a chance to decide what they can say no to between now and the half season tickets starting in order to be able to afford to commit to half season tickets.  We all know that if there's something you have to pay for, the longer you have to put money away the easier that payment becomes, as you can give up lots of smaller things rather than deprive yourself of something you really want or need.

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Of course there is a point in getting them on sale now. Rovers are exceeding expectations so far this season and anybody who is struggling to think is a Christmas gift might be interested. Also people might want to start saving for them as presents now. And getting them on sale early acts as a reminder. It's called striking whilst the iron is still hot.

You don't work in sales or marketing do you?

Rovers are exceeding expectations so far this season? really? This is where I expect to see Rovers at this stage of the season. Mid table. I didn't think we wouldn't go down at all and we wont. We have a good squad and experience manager. 

start saving now? cant you paid monthly for them anyway and isn't it only 69 days till Christmas. not much time to save up for Christmas presents at this stage. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

most of their fans who just turned up that day had no intention to buy a season ticket and just came to gloryhunt. look at all the people who came on the pitch and wreck the day by doing it. Had no thought for the fans who had turned to every home game and backed the team. 

rival club? 

season tickets can be paid for over 8 or 9 months so the cost can be spread and easier for fans. 

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

If you're that bothered, please can you send him a PM instead of repeating the same question over and over again, clogging up the thread? Thanks.

why bothered. The questions were simple but he couldn't be bother to answer so I will just ignore the poster and his posts. 

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Last year Rovers put half season tickets on sale on 6th November and my gut feeling is that's about when they have always done it.

thanks for that info. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers are exceeding expectations so far this season? really? This is where I expect to see Rovers at this stage of the season. Mid table. I didn't think we wouldn't go down at all and we wont. We have a good squad and experience manager. 

start saving now? cant you paid monthly for them anyway and isn't it only 69 days till Christmas. not much time to save up for Christmas presents at this stage. 

most of their fans who just turned up that day had no intention to buy a season ticket and just came to gloryhunt. look at all the people who came on the pitch and wreck the day by doing it. Had no thought for the fans who had turned to every home game and backed the team. 

rival club? 

season tickets can be paid for over 8 or 9 months so the cost can be spread and easier for fans. 

why bothered. The questions were simple but he couldn't be bother to answer so I will just ignore the poster and his posts. 

thanks for that info. 

I knew I was wasting my time. Your response is entirely predictable. 

• Like 2

Is putting season tickets on sale in February or October rather than June or December going to reduce the number buying them? Almost certainly not. I can't think of one single reason why anyone would not get one with a wider window than we currently have.

Is putting them on sale in June or December going to reduce the number buying them? possibly. Why? Well, in the summer months once the season has ended people go away and do other things. They get out of 'football mode' and find other things to occupy themselves, other things to spend their disposable cash on, holidays, don't have football on their mind. Contrast with Feb/March and if you're playing well, winning games and people are going down to Ewood enjoying themselves every fortnight the chances are one or two might push the boat out and get a season ticket whilst they're enjoying themselves.

Yes a lot of those who turned up vs Oxford were morons and were out for a day on the drink and to act stupid and wouldn't have a season ticket if they were given away. I'm not suggesting that 15000 more people would have signed up just because they went to that one-off game. But a few might. If 20 of those 15000 extra fans went into the shop before/after that game, perhaps after a few pints, perhaps in the heat of the moment having just had a brilliant day out, and signed up for a ST then an early release was justified. But we'll never know. Those people went home, slept on it, sobered up, then we had a month with no games before finally releasing increased prices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Last year Rovers put half season tickets on sale on 6th November and my gut feeling is that's about when they have always done it.

When are they going to tidy or smarten up the stadium inside and out to enhance that match day feeling along with improving the mid table mediocre team.

Edited by JAL

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I knew I was wasting my time. Your response is entirely predictable. 

why cos I don't agree with you? maybe Unsall is right with his posts today. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Just don’t bother arbito. He’s always right until he’s proven wrong.

How can prove me right or wrong when you have no stats to back your point. I have given my opinion which at times seem like you cant have with certain posters and gave examples of friends who struggle to attend certain games and valid reasons

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why cos I don't agree with you? maybe Unsall is right with his posts today. 

How can prove me right or wrong when you have no stats to back your point. I have given my opinion which at times seem like you cant have with certain posters and gave examples of friends who struggle to attend certain games and valid reasons

Because your sycophantic manner in relation to anything and everything to do with Rovers makes it difficult to debate with you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Is putting season tickets on sale in February or October rather than June or December going to reduce the number buying them? Almost certainly not. I can't think of one single reason why anyone would not get one with a wider window than we currently have.

Is putting them on sale in June or December going to reduce the number buying them? possibly. Why? Well, in the summer months once the season has ended people go away and do other things. They get out of 'football mode' and find other things to occupy themselves, other things to spend their disposable cash on, holidays, don't have football on their mind. Contrast with Feb/March and if you're playing well, winning games and people are going down to Ewood enjoying themselves every fortnight the chances are one or two might push the boat out and get a season ticket whilst they're enjoying themselves.

Yes a lot of those who turned up vs Oxford were morons and were out for a day on the drink and to act stupid and wouldn't have a season ticket if they were given away. I'm not suggesting that 15000 more people would have signed up just because they went to that one-off game. But a few might. If 20 of those 15000 extra fans went into the shop before/after that game, perhaps after a few pints, perhaps in the heat of the moment having just had a brilliant day out, and signed up for a ST then an early release was justified. But we'll never know. Those people went home, slept on it, sobered up, then we had a month with no games before finally releasing increased prices.

I agree entirely. It is very easy to predict the cost of season ticket , so is easy to plan/budget for. However I don’t think I wider window would improve anything either. Maybe a better way would be a monthly ongoing membership that costs say £25 30 per month , but is payable even during the close season. This could help spread the cost over a longer period. This could also be cancelled at any time. Like Netflix .

• 3 weeks later...