BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

That’s just for the Riverside.

£200 Blackburn End, £230-£250 in the Jack Walker. Not sure it’s great value for 11 games myself, £20-22 a match in the JW, so I doubt they will be flying off the shelves, but value is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

DrEdUyCWwAANky4.jpg.

They're very passive-aggressive in the marketing dept these days. Are you committed, well, are you, punk?

Agreed. That phrase isn’t going to attract new fans, it’s aimed squarely at lapsed and floating fans. £15 per game (assuming 12 matches) isn’t a ‘good deal’ and will probably put paid to there being many (if any) £10 walk on games. To make that “look like” value walk-ons will need to be £20 minimum.

Venkys must love Waggott though - a friend of the fans he is not. He’s playing hardball and looks to be determined that any crowd size increases will be on his terms. He probably has words ringing in his ears from several of the fans forum that “if the team is successful on the pitch then fans will come, it was ever thus” and has taken that as the mantra.

Without Mowbray there would be a very different outlook from fans towards the current regime.

I wonder how many young Rovers fans will develop a chemical inhaling addiction after having a cartoon character grinning down at them in the family stand? Not an approach I’d have expected from a 2-time family club of the year.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

£200 Blackburn End, £230-£250 in the Jack Walker. Not sure it’s great value for 11 games myself, £20-22 a match in the JW, so I doubt they will be flying off the shelves, but value is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

I went glass half full with my maths. Your way just makes it even more damning.

13k averages it is then and the wave of momentum we gave to the club last season has been thrown back in fans faces.

29 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's Pounds Sterling, you can keep yer filthy Euro. ?

It's 'great value' if you can afford it. 

If someone wanted to buy one, they would at 100 POUNDS or 179 POUNDS. It's one of the lowest priced season tickets in the championship. People arent not buying tickets because of the cost, we'll maybe the cost, but they can't actually give tickets away. £179 is cheap. 

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

€179 is great value for a half season ticket. Wish I lived close enough to warrant buying one 

Totally agree.  I think both season tickets and half season tickets are terrific value and competitively priced.  Of course everyone will have their own views on that but for me Waggott has been a breath of fresh air at this club - again different folk have different views.  In the almost 60 years I've supported the club the fanbase has never really changed.  A team doing well on the pitch and fans will come and watch.  A struggling team and you can't give tickets away - I know when schools were given tickets in years gone by I literally couldn't give them away when we were at the wrong end of the table.

Football is a commercial business whether we like it or not.  Wages, transfer fees, the continual upkeep of two training complexes and Ewood all need paying for.  The owners are putting money in within the limits of FFP but money needs to come from commercial activities and football long since stopped being too particularly about where money comes from.  The Rovers have been happy to take money from breweries and betting companies for years and are happy to sell alcohol on the ground so I really don't see the difference with the electronic cigarette deal.  All these things are addictive as we know only too well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I went glass half full with my maths. Your way just makes it even more damning.

13k averages it is then and the wave of momentum we gave to the club last season has been thrown back in fans faces.

The average attendance is pushing 15,000 through. 12.500/13,000 is the lowest it will be this season for any given match. I would put money on are average being closer to 16,000 by the end of the season. 

Just now, AshleyClifford said:

The average attendance is pushing 15,000 through. 12.500/13,000 is the lowest it will be this season for any given match. I would put money on are average being closer to 16,000 by the end of the season. 

I wouldn’t. The Leeds crowd has increased the average after only a few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I wouldn’t. The Leeds crowd has increased the average after only a few games.

I know we have the red button problem, but I reckon we could normally count on a decent away following in over 40% of our home games in this division...if you include the likes of Bolton and Wigan, as well as Villa, Derby Stoke and Brum etc.

However, I guess we are likely to be formally on Sky for all our games with the  biggest potential away support...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I think its a good deal and depends where you sit. 18 pounds per game 

we are currently getting 2 to 3k walk ons every game so people interest is there. We cant be giving season tickets away

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

He probably has words ringing in his ears from several of the fans forum that “if the team is successful on the pitch then fans will come, it was ever thus” and has taken that as the mantra.

I would if you could enlighten us Stuart on where you got that quote from? 

Our current average gate after 8 games is 14,386. Yes, we've had Leeds in there, which may well be the biggest away attendance but we have also had Millwall, Reading, Brentford and QPR as 4 of the 8. Of the 15 games left I can only see Ipswich as bringing the level of support that 4 brought - there are plenty of games left where there will be decent away followings. So I don't see an average of 16,000 over the season as too far out.

• Like 3

I wonder how many people recall the vitriol which was thrown at the Fans Forum members who gave their time and energy to travel to Pune?

Many objected on the basis the FF didn't represent their own or the fans' views particularly because it's an unelected body.

The FF is a sounding board for the club with an input by fans putting forward the issues and questions they as individuals feel important. No doubt the FF members take on board views from others but I wouldn't expect any of them to claim some form of representation after past criticism.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its a good deal and depends where you sit. 18 pounds per game 

we are currently getting 2 to 3k walk ons every game so people interest is there. We cant be giving season tickets away

If you can get a match ticket for not much more than that game by game, why bother with a half season ticket? Especially if there may be a game or two you can’t make.

End of the day if we are up there we may sell a few, mid table and it will be a few hundred like most years.

But £230-£250 in the most popular stand, the Jack Walker, for a half season ticket (11 games) is over £22 a game and extrapolates as £500+ for a full season ticket, that’s not ‘cheap’ for second tier football in an area like this, end of.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Other point is that of those 11 fixtures we have Preston and Swansea kicking off at noon, and Derby and Wigan kicking off during midweek when they will be available on the red button. So that's 7 at most, assuming none of the others get moved for tv or 'safety' reasons, that will be taking place at the traditional kick off time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I wonder how many people recall the vitriol which was thrown at the Fans Forum members who gave their time and energy to travel to Pune?

Many objected on the basis the FF didn't represent their own or the fans' views particularly because it's an unelected body.

The FF is a sounding board for the club with an input by fans putting forward the issues and questions they as individuals feel important. No doubt the FF members take on board views from others but I wouldn't expect any of them to claim some form of representation after past criticism.

The obvious question is "if the Fan's Forum" doesn't represent the fans, who does it represent and what is the point of it?". Why should the club discuss matters important to fans with a group that isn't representative of fans?

Always comes across as a little clique to me, sniffy response when anyone dares to ask what its up to.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Gave up their time and energy to sample business class to India all expenses paid! :D

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Not wanting to be controversial here or upset anyone on the Forum but my understanding was that the trip to Pune was paid for in its entirety by the owners. To me an all expenses paid trip to India to meet the owners and watch Rovers in a friendly game is a once in a lifetime opportunity and anyone able to go would have done. 

I don't doubt that people on the Forum give up a great deal of their free time for the club and that's great. But accepting an invitation from the owners to be whisked away in relative luxury to India, well i think 99.9% of people would have grasped that opportunity with both hands if offered to them, providing of course their personal circumstances enabled it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If you can get a match ticket for not much more than that game by game, why bother with a half season ticket? Especially if there may be a game or two you can’t make.

End of the day if we are up there we may sell a few, mid table and it will be a few hundred like most years.

But £230-£250 in the most popular stand, the Jack Walker, for a half season ticket (11 games) is over £22 a game and extrapolates as £500+ for a full season ticket, that’s not ‘cheap’ for second tier football in an area like this, end of.

I think we sell about 600 to 800 half season tickets IMO

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not wanting to be controversial here or upset anyone on the Forum but my understanding was that the trip to Pune was paid for in its entirety by the owners. To me an all expenses paid trip to India to meet the owners and watch Rovers in a friendly game is a once in a lifetime opportunity and anyone able to go would have done. 

I don't doubt that people on the Forum give up a great deal of their free time for the club and that's great. But accepting an invitation from the owners to be whisked away in relative luxury to India, well i think 99.9% of people would have grasped that opportunity with both hands if offered to them, providing of course their personal circumstances enabled it.

I wouldn't want to go to India, even all expenses paid and a grand spending money ?

9 hours ago, 47er said:

The obvious question is "if the Fan's Forum" doesn't represent the fans, who does it represent and what is the point of it?". Why should the club discuss matters important to fans with a group that isn't representative of fans?

Always comes across as a little clique to me, sniffy response when anyone dares to ask what its up to.

The difficulty we have here, and I'm not trying to be clever, is your mixing language and so reaching the wrong idea, to me, about the FF. I think you misunderstand how and why the FF was set up.

The FF is a sounding board for the club's ideas and an opportunity for supporters to comment on club proposals and actions. At the same time the FF members can take forward thoughts and ideas from others.

From those I know or have known on the FF I would argue the group is "representative" of a good cross section of fans. However it is a voluntary appointed group. Supporters can't argue against someone's inclusion. As the FF is unelected it cannot claim to "represent" fans - I'd be unhappy if it did.

Edited by Paul

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

For me you're quite right many fans would be happy to take the opportunity to go. The costs were met by the club or owners.

That wasn't the point. People still had to give up time and energy, probably holiday, to make the trip. Their reward was to have scorn and vitriol poured on both the effort and their personal motivation questioned. This continued for weeks before and months after the event. Hardly an incentive to grab an opportunity to put a fan's view directly to the owners 

I know one individual who took the whole thing so seriously he spent weeks visiting people at home to discuss the outcomes.

Edited by Paul

Whatever I do or don't understand the FF is an anachronism in this day and age. We need a sounding board alright to interact with the admin at Ewood but it needs to be representative of supporters and seen to be. This means election and a constitution and all that boring but necessary stuff.

Could be from and elected by all season-ticket holders for example. Or it could be elected under the auspices of the Trust. There  are plenty of ways to do it. But they would have to have 2 vital features imo----elected and accountable.

Your last para is all over the place. Its representative of "a good cross-section of fans"---unless elected that's just an opinion from someone committed to this particular model.

A voluntary appointed group and "supporters can't argue against any inclusion". But the opposite isn't true is it? The FF can exclude any person it doesn't approve of can't it?Conclusion---- Its a self-perpetuating and unaccountable clique!

I agree with your last sentence, it cannot claim to represent fans. So, for at least the third time, who does it represent?

Answer-----itself!

This is feudal, exclusive and anachronistic. 

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

For me you're quite right many fans would be happy to take the opportunity to go. The costs were met by the club or owners.

That wasn't the point. People still had to give up time and energy, probably holiday, to make the trip. Their reward was to have scorn and vitriol poured on both the effort and their personal motivation questioned. This continued for weeks before and months after the event. Hardly an incentive to grab an opportunity to put a fan's view directly to the owners 

I know one individual who took the whole thing so seriously he spent weeks visiting people at home to discuss the outcomes.

If the body was democratic there wouldn't have been all that controversy. The first thing that a representative group should have voted on was "should we accept the Raos' offer or not?"

2nd--who should go? Members, ie eligible fans to vote on representatives. Democratic and accountable. And if someone bottled it when it was his turn to speak the members could call him out when he got back!

I accept that the FF had to accept the offer and said so at the time but the negative feed-back would have been avoided if the FF was a truely representative body.

And please don't flog the sacrifice angle. Unaccountable members got a free trip to India,in business class, wined and dined at a wealthy family"s expense and all to talk about their Favourite subjesct---Rovers. We're not idiots you know!