BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

16 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Waggott has raised prices on everything and closed the Darwen End.

Thanks Steve.

It's called trying to put the club on a sound commercial footing.  On more than one occasion he has said the long term aim is to get away from an owner reliant model and obviously that means making some tough decisions which some may disagree with.  Personally, I think he's the best CEO we've had since John Williams and points to a more sensible approach to running things from the owners.  But, as I said, everyone will have a different opinion - it's a football club and we all view things differently as a glance at any match thread shows.

• Like 2

As much as I would like to see the club 'washing its own face' Parsons I think that wish is utter pie in the Sky with the Club in its present predicament.

The Club under the Tenure of the awful Raos is now saddled with over £120 MILLION of debt so we are to believe. I would also hazard a guess the club needs a matchday attendance of around 20,000 just to break even with running cost.

Nothing is going to change until we reach the Top flight gravy train again.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

54 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It's called trying to put the club on a sound commercial footing.  On more than one occasion he has said the long term aim is to get away from an owner reliant model and obviously that means making some tough decisions which some may disagree with.  Personally, I think he's the best CEO we've had since John Williams and points to a more sensible approach to running things from the owners.  But, as I said, everyone will have a different opinion - it's a football club and we all view things differently as a glance at any match thread shows.

Certainly agree, with your comments but think most on here will disagree.

Let’s be honest, on gates of 11-14k we will never be self sufficient outside the Premier League, and certainly not in the Championship, so will ever remain an example of an ‘owner reliant model’.

I’ve no real issue with that, however it all depends on ever continuing funding from Pune.

Edited by Mattyblue

It's become quite clear that Waggott's purpose at the club is to increase revenues. To that end he has introduced various measures many of which are unpopular, but nonetheless I expect he can produce a balance sheet to the owners at their annual review to show that his efforts are bearing fruit.

Presumably he's sold himself to the owners as an expert who can come in and reduce the dependency on their funding by heavily increasing club revenues.

Of course the commercial and corporate side of the club was, along with most areas, horrifically neglected during the period of 2010-17 and that's why I had little sympathy when they moaned about limited income. When you follow, as I do, every other club on twitter, visit every other away ground and frequent other club's websites it is a fact that this club didn't make anywhere near enough effort previously to increase income streams.

Thankfully they seem to be doing more these days, and long may that continue. I remain of the view that my season ticket price is competitively priced for this league and so whilst I'm able and willing to keep paying it at it's current level I think £50 price hikes across the board are extreme. People can only be pushed so far.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

I wonder how many people recall the vitriol which was thrown at the Fans Forum members who gave their time and energy to travel to Pune?

Many objected on the basis the FF didn't represent their own or the fans' views particularly because it's an unelected body.

The FF is a sounding board for the club with an input by fans putting forward the issues and questions they as individuals feel important. No doubt the FF members take on board views from others but I wouldn't expect any of them to claim some form of representation after past criticism.

Let’s not pull at that thread, Paul.

25 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think they're dear, £22 quid a game for me which means I would have to go to every game to make it worthwhile. Opportunity missed,  I think a 5 or 8 game flexiticket would work much better

Sounds a good idea the 'flexiticket' - so essentially you get a ticket and it has say 5 or 8 game credits on it, and you pick which games you go to? Sounds reasonable to me, even if they charged slightly more, as no doubt some may pick the more exciting and more expensive cat A games, I think a lot would still go for that. So instead of £22 a game average, charge £24 quid a game average which is inbetween the Cat A and B game price, so £120 for 5 games. Or if going in Riverside £20 a game average so £100 for 5 games. Might not sound appetising to many, but it might to a few who otherwise wouldn't bother.

Edited by AAK

12 hours ago, 47er said:

If the body was democratic there wouldn't have been all that controversy. The first thing that a representative group should have voted on was "should we accept the Raos' offer or not?"

2nd--who should go? Members, ie eligible fans to vote on representatives. Democratic and accountable. And if someone bottled it when it was his turn to speak the members could call him out when he got back!

I accept that the FF had to accept the offer and said so at the time but the negative feed-back would have been avoided if the FF was a truely representative body.

And please don't flog the sacrifice angle. Unaccountable members got a free trip to India,in business class, wined and dined at a wealthy family"s expense and all to talk about their Favourite subjesct---Rovers. We're not idiots you know!

You keep ignoring the FF is not an elected democratic body. None of these arguments in relation to Pune or the present day apply as there is no claim to represent the fans. I don't understand why you can't grasp this.

At what point have I suggested you're an idiot? All I'm saying is people gave up their time and energy and got little thanks for it. Sadly exactly the same thing is happening today.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not pull at that thread, Paul.

I don't want to Stuart but reading through this thread you can see why I raised it. Too many have the wrong impression of the FF. If I was an FF member right at the front of my mind would be the treatment handed out to fans who make genuine efforts to improve things. Its still happening now. The criticism always comes from those not prepared to get involved.

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

You keep ignoring the FF is not an elected democratic body. None of these arguments in relation to Pune or the present day apply as there is no claim to represent the fans. I don't understand why you can't grasp this.

At what point have I suggested you're an idiot? All I'm saying is people gave up their time and energy and got little thanks for it. Sadly exactly the same thing is happening today.

I'll finish with this one Paul.

First of all you have never said I'm an idiot but you must think I'm one if I believed that trip to Pune involved sacrifice.

Second, I do not ignore the fact that the FF is not an elected democratic body.You seem quite happy with that and want it to continue this way or so I assume? The whole basis of my post is that this is wrong! It should be democratic or it should cease to exist.

Third, I appreciate that people who give up their time and energy to improve things for Rovers fans are admirable but they should do it within an open, democratic and inclusive framework. 

OK? That's it from me on this issue.

Edited by 47er
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s be honest, on gates of 11-14k we will never be self sufficient outside the Premier League, and certainly not in the Championship, so will ever remain an example of an ‘owner reliant model’.

I’ve no real issue with that, however it all depends on ever continuing funding from Pune.

Well, let's face it, Its their fault after all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't want to Stuart but reading through this thread you can see why I raised it. Too many have the wrong impression of the FF. If I was an FF member right at the front of my mind would be the treatment handed out to fans who make genuine efforts to improve things. Its still happening now. The criticism always comes from those not prepared to get involved.

The trip to Pune is a very bad example to try to back up your point and discussion will re-open a lot of old wounds that should be left alone.

• Like 2

On 05/11/2018 at 21:36, 47er said:

I'll finish with this one Paul.

First of all you have never said I'm an idiot but you must think I'm one if I believed that trip to Pune involved sacrifice.

Second, I do not ignore the fact that the FF is not an elected democratic body.You seem quite happy with that and want it to continue this way or so I assume? The whole basis of my post is that this is wrong! It should be democratic or it should cease to exist.

Third, I appreciate that people who give up their time and energy to improve things for Rovers fans are admirable but they should do it within an open, democratic and inclusive framework. 

OK? That's it from me on this issue.

Anyone can join? Would you like to?

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 06:08, Stuart said:

The trip to Pune is a very bad example to try to back up your point and discussion will re-open a lot of old wounds that should be left alone.

All that way then didn't say boo to a goose. Better left in the past as you say ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laughatthedingles said:

Anyone can join? Would you like to?

Isn't it more like anyone can apply?

And "no" I wouldn't like to join but if I did join that would in no way resolve the problem. I would be applying to join a group which specifically says it does not represent the fans but only discusses issues which directly affect the fans!  :wacko:

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:20, Bigdoggsteel said:

If someone wanted to buy one, they would at 100 POUNDS or 179 POUNDS. It's one of the lowest priced season tickets in the championship. People arent not buying tickets because of the cost, we'll maybe the cost, but they can't actually give tickets away. £179 is cheap. 

Not if you're operating on a tight budget. Affordability is always subjective anyway. One persons £179 bottle of red is another's monthly food shopping budget. 

They aren’t ‘one of the cheapest’ any more, we are about average, which is fair enough.

But I have noted the ‘frog in boiling water’ view of a lot of fans, they’ve got more and more expensive over the past 8 years or so, but incrementally, so a lot of folk still think they are cheaper than most and haven’t noticed that they simply aren’t.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They aren’t ‘one of the cheapest’ any more, we are about average, which is fair enough.

But I have noted the ‘frog in boiling water’ view of a lot of fans, they’ve got more and more expensive over the past 8 years or so, but incrementally, so a lot of folk still think they are cheaper than most and haven’t noticed that they simply aren’t.

I think 349 pounds is cheap IMO Matty. I remember when we were paying around 200 pounds when we had Allardyce was here but that was roughly 10 years ago. So its been increase of 15 pounds per year. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think 349 pounds is cheap IMO Matty. I remember when we were paying around 200 pounds when we had Allardyce was here but that was roughly 10 years ago. So its been increase of 15 pounds per year. 

So you think an inflation of around 7.5% per year is reasonable? Good job you arent in government then

Edited by AAK