BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2018/19

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As ever, most other clubs have had theirs out for weeks, if not months - even if they are unsure of what league they’ll be in next season.

Cynic in me says they are holding off because they have two substantially different prices up their sleeves - i.e a price hike on promotion.

Wouldn’t be surprising really when they keep hearing that proper fans will pay “any price”; people think that £6 to watch ultra-basic viewer coverage ‘in the pub’ is good value; and the brass neck of a £19-a-head one-course buffet.

Surely there should be an early bird prize freeze for current ST holders? If we are promoted then it would be a reward for the faithful. If we aren’t then it’s going to be very necessary indeed.

An immediate Championship price hike would be a kick in the teeth. It would be an almost deliberate strategy to milk the regulars and ward off any spectator growth.

All that said, we have been crap at getting ST sales going until after the season has ended just about every year under Venkys. Seems to me they don’t talk about Rovers except at scheduled meetings - regardless of the chaos caused or opportunities missed. Hopefully it’s just that.

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Cynic in me says they are holding off because they have two substantially different prices up their sleeves - i.e a price hike on promotion.

I hope you're wrong. I think I'd struggle to justify an increase after having some once-in-a-lifetime expenses over the last year. I'm Boracic Lint.

However, if they are putting on a £25 buffet to watch Bristol Rovers on a screen I suspect they may be out of touch with the needs of the local fanbase. Or everybody's just got more money than me :o

I think (although I don't know for sure) that Rovers hands are somewhat tied here due to the restrictive nature of the Northcote agreement. Northcote see themselves as some kind of blue chip company and charge silly prices. I won one of the 1875 draws this season and the prize was hospitality for two. The food was average and the choice limited. I took my granddaughter and she had chicken nuggets and chips. Quite frankly McDonalds is better than what she got. I also believe that Northcote don't have any control over the Blues Bar hence the choices and prices which are much more reasonable.

For an event like this it should be pie and peas or a one course meal such as curry or chilli. 

• Like 2

I think they are holding off because they won't have even considered season tickets for next season yet. We may have appointed a new Chief Executive but the old Venky ways remain. They need to authorise expenditure and consent to major decisions and will do that at their annual summit meeting once this season is out of the way. Until then everything will be on hold. Waggott presumably doesn't have the authority to make such decisions which are precisely the sort of things he should be doing.

Notice how a good number of other clubs in various divisions and league positions have made the decision to get their prices announced and season tickets on sale early doors (including those who 'don't know what league they're going to be in next year'. We'll wait until the season is out of the way and people are out of the matchday habit and ensure we have a much shorter window for sales than other clubs. It might not make a difference to the majority when tickets go on sale but logic would suggest the longer they are on sale the more time you have to shift extra tickets. Narrowing your window by several months won't help. 

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Who the hell removed my response to Arbitro's post? Who complained? The whole damn lot of it was true. If I want to attack Northchoke I'll do it the Matthewmans are disgusting.

I hid it, not removed it. I counted sixteen insults directed at the individuals. Yes that is an attack, not reasonable criticism. You need to understand the difference. 

• Like 1

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

Was the free season ticket if we get promoted not on offer for this season.

Ah, the 'Premier League Pledge', as they called it; 75% off season tickets if we went up. Was discussing this at Ewood yesterday with a mate, with the benefit of hindsight we came to the conclusion that it was basically a "this is how sure we are that we won't get promoted". Wasn't done this year for obvious reasons.

12 hours ago, roversfan2001 said:

Ah, the 'Premier League Pledge', as they called it; 75% off season tickets if we went up. Was discussing this at Ewood yesterday with a mate, with the benefit of hindsight we came to the conclusion that it was basically a "this is how sure we are that we won't get promoted". Wasn't done this year for obvious reasons.

Yep. The obvious reason being that the club don't get a guaranteed £100million + if they get promoted this season.

Edited by Hasta

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a rumour on Facebook that Rovers are planning to have away fans in the top tier of the Darwen End next season.

Might be rollocks, but if they did you imagine they must have some imaginative pricing up their sleeve if they are intending Rovers fans to be across the whole lower tier.

Interesting that it looks as they are selling tickets in the entire lower tier for Oxford...

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Saw a rumour on Facebook that Rovers are planning to have away fans in the top tier of the Darwen End next season.

Might be rollocks, but if they did you imagine they must have some imaginative pricing up their sleeve if they are intending Rovers fans to be across the whole lower tier.

Interesting that it looks as they are selling tickets in the entire lower tier for Oxford...

Not a chance we will do that.

Unlike in this division there will be quite a few games where away fans will have the whole Darwen End I'm guessing, could easily see Villa, PNE, Leeds, WBA, Stoke, Middlesborough, both Sheffield clubs having demand for it,  maybe even the likes of Derby and Forest if they were having good seasons when we play them.

Edited by MarkBRFC

I'm still hopeful they'll put some serious offers on to entice a few thousand back. I hope the  cheap Under 24 tickets that other clubs are doing is repeated here. There will be a lot of interest in the club over the next few months. Now is the time to get bums on seats and make the atmosphere at Ewood better.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

My view too, Waggott will be rubbing his hands with the £30 tickets he can flog to big away support.

I'm not sure what the T&C's are for moving fans out of the DE. When I was in the DE a few years ago I'm sure it stipulated they could only move people to accommodate a large away contingent a few times a season. Maybe 4 or 5? I may be misremembering but if it's true they could easily move the away fans upstairs in the DE for the season, fill the bottom tier up with home fans and for big followings shove the DE home fans into the BBE Upper and the JW. I can't remember more than 3 or 4 followings a season that have filled the whole DE in the Championship, if that.

Are Derby, Forest etc really going to fill the DE unless they are chasing promotion?

Obviously the home fan pricing will have to be right. If it isn't then Waggott and Co haven't done their job.

Edited by blueboy3333

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I'd be surprised at that. In the Championship they could bank on at least 6 or 7 fixtures where the away club could sell more than the maximum of 3,000 capacity of the upper tier - Wednesday, United, Leeds, Bolton, Preston, Villa, Stoke, Middlesbrough - so would either have to limit the away allocation or go back to the routine of moving home fans out of the Darwen End to make way for away fans.

I think it is a good idea - get away fans away from behind the goals and try to have home fans behind both goals - I've been suggesting it for a long time - but to effectively do it they would need to find another 2,000 or so home fans to fill the void. If we got back to the Premier League I'd like to see away fans given 3,000 maximum upstairs and behind both goals filled with home fans but then there's the other aspect which is preventing idiots from away clubs throwing stuff onto home fans below etc.

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The Darwen End is designed so both the lower and upper tiers can be divided in the middle. If there are no home fans there, this gives 8 possible capacities to offer visitors.

1,500 Half upper tier

2,500 Half lower tier

3,000 Full upper tier

4,000 Half lower & half upper tiers

5 ,000 Full lower tier

5,500 Full upper tier & half lower tier

6,500 Full lower tier & half upper tier

8,000 Full stand

Most of these combinations have been used, sometimes for Rovers fans when the ground was being redeveloped.

I'm very much against giving the full 8000 to away fans and always have been. I think it is way too much to provide, particularly in a stadium of 30,000.

I've no problem with away fans being given a healthy allocation of maybe 5000 or 5500 which is similar to those offered at some other clubs. The atmosphere could still be good with those numbers.

For me away fans with massive followings should first be allocated the upper tier, and then once that is filled be given half the lower tier and no more.

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

The Darwen End is designed so both the lower and upper tiers can be divided in the middle. If there are no home fans there, this gives 8 possible capacities to offer visitors.

1,500 Half upper tier

2,500 Half lower tier

3,000 Full upper tier

4,000 Half lower & half upper tiers

5 ,000 Full lower tier

5,500 Full upper tier & half lower tier

6,500 Full lower tier & half upper tier

8,000 Full stand

Most of these combinations have been used, sometimes for Rovers fans when the ground was being redeveloped.

Good post.

I don't see us limiting away support to 3,000 somehow. if say there is 4-6 games a season where we can get 5,500 away fans from half the lower and the full upper then we should take that. I'd rather that extra income be used to subsidise our tickets and try to increase our crowd.

I would be against moving our fans from the Darwin end for selected games though. 

I'd rather see them reopen the Blackburn end upper tier if we need the space.