blueboy3333

Season Tickets 2018/19

That's the idea.

There isn't enough of a saving to make it worthwhile in the half season tickets in my opinion, especially when some of the the games included in the half ST are likely to be moved for TV, etc. You could easily by one and end up losing money

12 hours ago, 47er said:

If the body was democratic there wouldn't have been all that controversy. The first thing that a representative group should have voted on was "should we accept the Raos' offer or not?"

2nd--who should go? Members, ie eligible fans to vote on representatives. Democratic and accountable. And if someone bottled it when it was his turn to speak the members could call him out when he got back!

I accept that the FF had to accept the offer and said so at the time but the negative feed-back would have been avoided if the FF was a truely representative body.

And please don't flog the sacrifice angle. Unaccountable members got a free trip to India,in business class, wined and dined at a wealthy family"s expense and all to talk about their Favourite subjesct---Rovers. We're not idiots you know!

You keep ignoring the FF is not an elected democratic body. None of these arguments in relation to Pune or the present day apply as there is no claim to represent the fans. I don't understand why you can't grasp this.

At what point have I suggested you're an idiot? All I'm saying is people gave up their time and energy and got little thanks for it. Sadly exactly the same thing is happening today.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not pull at that thread, Paul.

I don't want to Stuart but reading through this thread you can see why I raised it. Too many have the wrong impression of the FF. If I was an FF member right at the front of my mind would be the treatment handed out to fans who make genuine efforts to improve things. Its still happening now. The criticism always comes from those not prepared to get involved.

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

You keep ignoring the FF is not an elected democratic body. None of these arguments in relation to Pune or the present day apply as there is no claim to represent the fans. I don't understand why you can't grasp this.

At what point have I suggested you're an idiot? All I'm saying is people gave up their time and energy and got little thanks for it. Sadly exactly the same thing is happening today.

I'll finish with this one Paul.

First of all you have never said I'm an idiot but you must think I'm one if I believed that trip to Pune involved sacrifice.

Second, I do not ignore the fact that the FF is not an elected democratic body.You seem quite happy with that and want it to continue this way or so I assume? The whole basis of my post is that this is wrong! It should be democratic or it should cease to exist.

Third, I appreciate that people who give up their time and energy to improve things for Rovers fans are admirable but they should do it within an open, democratic and inclusive framework. 

OK? That's it from me on this issue.

Edited by 47er
typo

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s be honest, on gates of 11-14k we will never be self sufficient outside the Premier League, and certainly not in the Championship, so will ever remain an example of an ‘owner reliant model’.

I’ve no real issue with that, however it all depends on ever continuing funding from Pune.

Well, let's face it, Its their fault after all.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't want to Stuart but reading through this thread you can see why I raised it. Too many have the wrong impression of the FF. If I was an FF member right at the front of my mind would be the treatment handed out to fans who make genuine efforts to improve things. Its still happening now. The criticism always comes from those not prepared to get involved.

The trip to Pune is a very bad example to try to back up your point and discussion will re-open a lot of old wounds that should be left alone.

On 05/11/2018 at 21:36, 47er said:

I'll finish with this one Paul.

First of all you have never said I'm an idiot but you must think I'm one if I believed that trip to Pune involved sacrifice.

Second, I do not ignore the fact that the FF is not an elected democratic body.You seem quite happy with that and want it to continue this way or so I assume? The whole basis of my post is that this is wrong! It should be democratic or it should cease to exist.

Third, I appreciate that people who give up their time and energy to improve things for Rovers fans are admirable but they should do it within an open, democratic and inclusive framework. 

OK? That's it from me on this issue.

Anyone can join? Would you like to?

On 06/11/2018 at 06:08, Stuart said:

The trip to Pune is a very bad example to try to back up your point and discussion will re-open a lot of old wounds that should be left alone.

All that way then didn't say boo to a goose. Better left in the past as you say ;)

1 hour ago, laughatthedingles said:

Anyone can join? Would you like to?

Isn't it more like anyone can apply?

And "no" I wouldn't like to join but if I did join that would in no way resolve the problem. I would be applying to join a group which specifically says it does not represent the fans but only discusses issues which directly affect the fans!  :wacko:

£240 is just the cheapest for the Town End Matty. The side stands are £270 and the premium seats £300. So for the best seats PNE are £25 a game against Rovers £22.63. Not enormous differences but £2-3 a game higher.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:20, Bigdoggsteel said:

If someone wanted to buy one, they would at 100 POUNDS or 179 POUNDS. It's one of the lowest priced season tickets in the championship. People arent not buying tickets because of the cost, we'll maybe the cost, but they can't actually give tickets away. £179 is cheap. 

Not if you're operating on a tight budget. Affordability is always subjective anyway. One persons £179 bottle of red is another's monthly food shopping budget. 

They aren’t ‘one of the cheapest’ any more, we are about average, which is fair enough.

But I have noted the ‘frog in boiling water’ view of a lot of fans, they’ve got more and more expensive over the past 8 years or so, but incrementally, so a lot of folk still think they are cheaper than most and haven’t noticed that they simply aren’t.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They aren’t ‘one of the cheapest’ any more, we are about average, which is fair enough.

But I have noted the ‘frog in boiling water’ view of a lot of fans, they’ve got more and more expensive over the past 8 years or so, but incrementally, so a lot of folk still think they are cheaper than most and haven’t noticed that they simply aren’t.

I think 349 pounds is cheap IMO Matty. I remember when we were paying around 200 pounds when we had Allardyce was here but that was roughly 10 years ago. So its been increase of 15 pounds per year. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think 349 pounds is cheap IMO Matty. I remember when we were paying around 200 pounds when we had Allardyce was here but that was roughly 10 years ago. So its been increase of 15 pounds per year. 

So you think an inflation of around 7.5% per year is reasonable? Good job you arent in government then

Edited by AAK

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, I personally think they are still good value and competitive for the league.

My point was they are no longer ‘one of the cheapest in the Championship’ like some fans still seem to think.

Edited by Mattyblue

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, I personally think they are still good value and competitive for the league.

My point was they are no longer ‘one of the cheapest in the Championship’ like some fans still seem to think.

I would say in local area. Around 25 to 30 miles we would be one of the chespest wouldnt we? 

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not if you're operating on a tight budget. Affordability is always subjective anyway. One persons £179 bottle of red is another's monthly food shopping budget. 

Ah I dunno man. I see people saying they can't afford this or that, then they go off and buy coffees out every day or get taxis everywhere. Don't get me started on the ciggies and booze. I think 179 is a very good price. It would cost me around that much to go to one game, day return after I pay for flights to Liverpool or Manchester, train to Blackburn, match ticket and then food and drink. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah I dunno man. I see people saying they can't afford this or that, then they go off and buy coffees out every day or get taxis everywhere. Don't get me started on the ciggies and booze. I think 179 is a very good price. It would cost me around that much to go to one game, day return after I pay for flights to Liverpool or Manchester, train to Blackburn, match ticket and then food and drink. 

Imagine if you did all that, and got there five minutes after the £3 surcharge, you’d have to turn around and go straight back home. Gutted.

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Imagine if you did all that, and got there five minutes after the £3 surcharge, you’d have to turn around and go straight back home. Gutted.

I'd take my hat off and do a tap dance til I got the £3 :)

Three home games in December before christmas, all Saturday 3pm kick offs. and the first one is catagory A. 

Why couldnt we do some sort of Christmas bundle, all three games for £30 or something, anywhere in the ground?

Get some bigger crowds in pre Christmas while we are on a good run, crazy that we have thousands and thousands of empty seats when a bit of forward thinking could have seen a good portion of them sold. Might have even whetted the appetite of some to get a half season ticket.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well, if you know people who get taxis and coffees then people really shouldn't be complaining about half ST prices. Good point, well made. 

And again, if it costs the price of a half ST for you to get to one game from Ireland then that totally proves something else and only adds to your argument. Not sure what that is like, but you've certainly opened my eyes😁