BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Cash

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A beamback is not on TV as I can't sit at home and watch it or go to the pub and do the same. Watching a live game for £6 when you can't eatch it anywhere else in the world is hardly excessive. 

i remember watching  the Derby 2nd leg 'beamback' from the Darwen End terracing in '92 ao we have done it before. 

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only difference is hiring the tv screen. If they're charging £6+ for entry and can get thousands in the BBE lower rather than a couple of hundred in the Blues Bar then it would pay for itself comfortably. The bars and toilets are already there either way.

Demand probably won't be there to do it but it could be done. If Charlton sells out at 3,000-4,000 I'd like to think they'd consider it.

Fairly sure I’ve been to a big screen match at Ewood. Or was this just using the old dot-matrix screen in the DE/Riverside corner?

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only difference is hiring the tv screen. If they're charging £6+ for entry and can get thousands in the BBE lower rather than a couple of hundred in the Blues Bar then it would pay for itself comfortably. The bars and toilets are already there either way.

Demand probably won't be there to do it but it could be done. If Charlton sells out at 3,000-4,000 I'd like to think they'd consider it.

Well yes, if the club could be sure it would get thousands but I don't see any evidence that it would. If the Charlton game sells out then there will be 3,000-4,000 who won't be coming to Ewood. Do you really think you could get several thousand more people at say £6 a head? Whilst Blues Bar sold out for the Wimbledon game it wasn't a question of it selling out in an hour, so presumably the demand for that, when there were many more keen fans available, wasn't a lot more than 250.

Just now, only2garners said:

Well yes, if the club could be sure it would get thousands but I don't see any evidence that it would. If the Charlton game sells out then there will be 3,000-4,000 who won't be coming to Ewood. Do you really think you could get several thousand more people at say £6 a head? Whilst Blues Bar sold out for the Wimbledon game it wasn't a question of it selling out in an hour, so presumably the demand for that, when there were many more keen fans available, wasn't a lot more than 250.

If we're still in the race for promotion or are having a promotion party then yes, I would like to think the club could get a couple of thousand in at £6 a head. If you're a Rovers fan in Blackburn/Accy/Darwen who can't or won't go all the way to Charlton the next best thing on a Saturday afternoon is to watch the game at Ewood.

• 2 months later...

1875 Membership now a tenner for ST holders, £15 otherwise.

Expect a big drop in numbers as the main reason to sign up, wanting away ticket priority has gone, due to:

a. No new grounds

b. Generally large allocations 

c. Much more expensive away tickets

d. Unlikely to be going for promotion.

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Expect a big drop in numbers as the main reason to sign up, wanting away ticket priority has gone, due to:

a. No new grounds

They'll regret it when we draw Stanley away in the FA Cup?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

a. No new grounds

£10 back as club cash?

There isnt any, i didnt mind paying the tenner (for me and the boy) last year as you got it back as club cash anyway, and it got me a Fleetwood ticket. £10 (£20) if i sign my lad up again for £5/10 to spend in the shop just seems like a waste of time, there isnt one away game where the demand will exceed the allocation next season.

There was some value in the 1875 membership last season being exempt from the mark up on the pay on the day however this became less beneficial after Christmas when buying on the day resulted in being pushed out to the corners of the Blackburn end

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Daft more than anything, as my earlier post outlines, where is the ‘oh shit, how will I get a Fleetwood ticket?’ danger this season?

Everywhere, since we won't be playing them having been promoted. ?

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:01, only2garners said:

How about reading the thread? The first post in March had this information.

To be fair the opening post says "before the end of the season in May", did it mean before the Oxford game? Before May is over? Not that clear really.

As Madon say's it expired on May 31st, next seasons club cash for buying a season ticket will be added after the early bird deadline has passed.

You get £15.95 for a ST in the Riverside.

On 03/06/2018 at 15:01, only2garners said:

How about reading the thread? The first post in March had this information.

How about just answering the question rather than being an arse? 

There are three pages of information that you could have read rather than asking a question and expecting someone to repeat the answer for you.

I'm frankly not sure it's worth my effort telling people about what happens in the Forum.

Reading through the minutes I noticed the club is planning another £10 game early next season.

Not sure that’s a good idea personally. Oxford worked due to the situation. A random game against say, Norwich, in September isn’t going to get anywhere like an Oxford crowd and it will lose its impact going forward.

They should keep big discounts (not that the club shouldn’t be trying other things through the season) up their sleeve for the run in, final day etc.

I think the idea is to get more than normal in the ground and then aim to market season tickets to them. It’s likely to be the first home game of the season as long as that’s not one with a bigger crowd expected (e.g. Leeds, Preston) and presumably not a weekend game.

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Reading through the minutes I noticed the club is planning another £10 game early next season.

Not sure that’s a good idea personally. Oxford worked due to the situation. A random game against say, Norwich, in September isn’t going to get anywhere like an Oxford crowd and it will lose its impact going forward.

They should keep big discounts (not that the club shouldn’t be trying other things through the season) up their sleeve for the run in, final day etc.

A reduced ticket price at anytime is a good idea. Rovers attempts at attracting new/lapsed fans were pitiful last season considering how much interest there was in the club for the right reasons for once. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Archived