BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Cash

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Can anyone give me a brief overview of what this is? I'm a ST holder and presumably have some, but haven't used it....

If the away shirt comes down in price I'll probably purchase (for playing in obviously, I'm too old otherwise).

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can anyone give me a brief overview of what this is? I'm a ST holder and presumably have some, but haven't used it....

If the away shirt comes down in price I'll probably purchase (for playing in obviously, I'm too old otherwise).

Away shirt is £25 at the mo with 20% off for season ticket holders

I had £15 club cash from my season ticket so you will probably have the same 

Just now, Tom said:

Away shirt is £25 at the mo with 20% off for season ticket holders

I had £15 club cash from my season ticket so you will probably have the same 

You also get your £5 1875 membership fee back if you actually joined.

I've got about £25 in my account from various purchases. Think I got £15 for my season ticket, £5 for my programme subscription and £5 back for joining 1875. No idea what I'm going to use it for. A shame that it cannot be used to buy tickets as I would have used it for the FA Cup games. Options are limited to the selection of merchandise available in the club shop, which seems to diminish the nearer to the end of the season we get. If it would 'roll over' to next season I would use it towards my season ticket or programme subscription but they seem to be determined to avoid that.

The only things that look remotely good value for money are the home and away kits which have come down by about 50% since the season began. I never wear the replica kit so its pointless me buying it. I usually buy a tracksuit or coat from the shop but at present we're talking nearly £50 for a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Even using my club cash it is simply too much.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've got about £25 in my account from various purchases. Think I got £15 for my season ticket, £5 for my programme subscription and £5 back for joining 1875. No idea what I'm going to use it for. A shame that it cannot be used to buy tickets as I would have used it for the FA Cup games. Options are limited to the selection of merchandise available in the club shop, which seems to diminish the nearer to the end of the season we get. If it would 'roll over' to next season I would use it towards my season ticket or programme subscription but they seem to be determined to avoid that.

The only things that look remotely good value for money are the home and away kits which have come down by about 50% since the season began. I never wear the replica kit so its pointless me buying it. I usually buy a tracksuit or coat from the shop but at present we're talking nearly £50 for a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Even using my club cash it is simply too much.

I have a £40 gift voucher from Christmas and as there isn't much in the way of merchandise I like I wanted to put it towards the cost of some away match tickets. I was told I couldn't do this as Rovers Ticketing and Rovers Store were separate entities. Next Christmas Rovers gift vouchers will not be on my letter to Santa.

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have a £40 gift voucher from Christmas and as there isn't much in the way of merchandise I like I wanted to put it towards the cost of some away match tickets. I was told I couldn't do this as Rovers Ticketing and Rovers Store were separate entities. Next Christmas Rovers gift vouchers will not be on my letter to Santa.

I can sort of understand it not being valid for away games as the club would then presumably have issues settling up financially with the 3rd party other club, but I don't see what the harm is in home tickets being included.

Particularly for the poorly attended FA Cup fixtures, exchanging the club cash for a couple of home tickets isn't costing them anything - its just letting people in through the turnstiles - who are then possibly going to buy food/drink anyway. Arguably it costs them less than it does handing over items from the shop. I suppose there might be issues dividing up the gate receipts with the other club and FA but I'm sure there could be a way around that.

Likewise if they said it could go towards a season ticket provided it was bought before a particular date that would push me into renewing my season ticket much earlier than I usually do if I knew I was getting it at a reduced rate using my club cash.

I'll probably end up making a mad dash down to the shop as the deadline approaches and panic buy an assortment of things I've no real interest in owning just for the sake of it. Would feel better about the scheme if it meant I got a free ticket or cheaper season ticket next year.

I used all mine when the club shirts were on sale a few weeks back. After the sale discount had been applied to this season’s away top, alongside the club cash I’d accumulated, it came to a grand total of 50p- absolutely unbelievable really! 

I used mine at weekend  got the away top for £10 ? Who cares that a new one will be out in a couple of months .... It was a Rovers top for a tenner !!! 

Just now, only2garners said:

I just posted the same on the match thread, without the poster link. I wonder if you can use your club cash to pay the £2 entry?

What I can never understand is why the club want to charge me to do something like this. I rarely have a drink at Ewood. I could be tempted to do so but not if I’m paying for the privilege!!!

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Just got this on email.

The Legends Lounge is now the 1875 Lounge for club members.

Good idea considering the Legends Lounge is rarely used now...

5A1D3766-5D57-4B99-A9F1-5BF789496A33.png

Doesn’t actually say it’s for 1875 club members only. In fact it says “all welcome”.

If it’s not exclusive (and I think it should be to promote membership) then surely 1875 club members get in gratis?

I think the club is just trying to maximise the numbers in places like this. You're right it's not really any different to Blues but it's an alternative.

At the Fans Forum the club were very pleasantly surprised at the success of the last beamback. Despite some fans complaining about the £6 price, Blues sold out. They are looking at opening more space for any future beambacks, although it's probably only going to be Bristol Rovers left of the league games where it can happen. They were also talking about trying a simple food offer in the lounge spaces as well as Blues, for example.

30 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think the club is just trying to maximise the numbers in places like this. You're right it's not really any different to Blues but it's an alternative.

At the Fans Forum the club were very pleasantly surprised at the success of the last beamback. Despite some fans complaining about the £6 price, Blues sold out. They are looking at opening more space for any future beambacks, although it's probably only going to be Bristol Rovers left of the league games where it can happen. They were also talking about trying a simple food offer in the lounge spaces as well as Blues, for example.

Still think they could offer free admission for a £2 event to 1875 club members just to promote it. (I’m not a member btw)

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Still think they could offer free admission for a £2 event to 1875 club members just to promote it. (I’m not a member btw)

I agree it should be free at the very least to 1875 members or ST holders. Surely it’s not an event? It’s a bar. 

I can’t understand why the club think it reasonable to charge people to drink or eat. I popped in to Blues in the autumn to see some friends and have a beer. Strolled up to the door, showed my ST and was promptly requested to pay £1.

Nowhere else I go to meet friends, eat or drink charges me to go through the door. It’s ridiculous and, to my mind, taking the p***

Same applies to beam back. I’d be pleased to go, eat and have a drink but refuse to pay £6 to do so. It’s very rare I accuse the club of ripping off the support but charging for an 1875 Club, beam back etc. is a rip off.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I agree it should be free at the very least to 1875 members or ST holders. Surely it’s not an event? It’s a bar. 

I can’t understand why the club think it reasonable to charge people to drink or eat. I popped in to Blues in the autumn to see some friends and have a beer. Strolled up to the door, showed my ST and was promptly requested to pay £1.

Nowhere else I go to meet friends, eat or drink charges me to go through the door. It’s ridiculous and, to my mind, taking the p***

Same applies to beam back. I’d be pleased to go, eat and have a drink but refuse to pay £6 to do so. It’s very rare I accuse the club of ripping off the support but charging for an 1875 Club, beam back etc. is a rip off.

Never understood why they charge to enter the Blues bar on a match day. It’s not like it’s cheap ale.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Never understood why they charge to enter the Blues bar on a match day. It’s not like it’s cheap ale.

Because we're still losing in excess of £1m p.a. ?

Also usually agree with Paul on most things but I really can't understand why anyone would quibble about either  a £6 charge for a beamback of a live game or a nominal £1 entry fee for the privilege of using Blues on a matchday both of which seem eminently reasonable to me. It seems to be the way of the world tbese days, everyone seems to expect everything for nothing.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also usually agree with Paul on most things but I really can't understand why anyone would quibble about either  a £6 charge for a beamback of a live game or a nominal £1 entry fee for the privilege of using Blues on a matchday both of which seem eminently reasonable to me. It seems to be the way of the world tbese days, everyone seems to expect everything for nothing.

I don’t think I expect something for nothing RB but I do object to being charged to buy food or drink. I don’t know any pub or similar which does this. 

I can see beam backs are a different case asthere is a service element. However I can walk in to any pub which shows football and watch a game for free!! The footie being used to attract custom. I don’t see why Rovers should be any different. 

I fully accept I might not find a pub showing League 1 which strengthens the argument over the service element but these are Rovers own fans and not some random bloke who fancies a beer and watching a game. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

£1 nominal charge makes it even more petty. Not going to make much of a dent in any debt if that’s what it is supposed to be going towards. (Not even at £6 per head)

As for £6 for “beam back” (a clever marketing word to mean “on TV”), if you think that’s a fair price then pay it. But would you feel the same way if pubs were charging £6 to enter because the had the TV on?

However, as always with these things it’s supply and demand. If fans pay it then that’s what they will charge.

I believe ‘beam backs’ must have an entrance fee, league rules.

Obviously didn’t need to be £6, but looking at the sell out in there for Wimbledon, there are plenty of folk like me who stumped up without much hestitation!

Archived