BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons tickets

Anyone who's attended every (or near enough) other away game this season boycotting this one? I know there's some people who simply refuse to set foot inside that place. I'm not saying whether you should or not but its reminded me of a conversation I had with Duncan Miller a few days ago when I correctly assumed he wouldn't set foot in the place. So anyone else on here feel that way? I'm not going but its not because of some principled boycott (though what happened to Wimbledon was appalling) as I wouldn't rule out never going there. At least if I start attending any away games regularly.

I was tempted to do this one as I expected it to be a 4k+ away following but it seems the interest simply isn't there. I think I'll just go to Bristol instead as its a guaranteed sell out.

A horrible time to have it on Easter Monday too as you are back to work Tuesday.

Call me for jumping on the bandwagon but I'll only get my ticket to this one if interest picks up. A long way to go to sit in an empty stadium. 

You can have up to 7,000, but I never imagined us taking a particularly large following.

Not a new ground, fair distance away, day before back to work, crazy train prices.

The only chance for the big supportwas free travel put on by the club, but that is obviously something the club isn’t thinking about this season (a unique Gillingham situation apart).

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You can have up to 7,000, but I never imagined us taking a particularly large following.

Not a new ground, fair distance away, day before back to work, crazy train prices.

The only chance for the big supportwas free travel put on by the club, but that is obviously something the club isn’t thinking about this season (a unique Gillingham situation apart).

I would be really interested to see what following we take to Charlton. If something rides on the game and with it being last away game, I would expect us to take a good following, but with it being down London, do you reckon we would sell the 3800 or so allocation?

I can imagine we'd take a very good away following if the game was a decider, as such. If we could get promoted vs Charlton I'd see us easily filling the 3,800 allocation.

It's disappointing this game is attracting such little attention. I think a 2-3 thousand following is all we can expect really. I doubt we will sell out of our initial allocation.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I was tempted to do this one as I expected it to be a 4k+ away following but it seems the interest simply isn't there. I think I'll just go to Bristol instead as its a guaranteed sell out.

A horrible time to have it on Easter Monday too as you are back to work Tuesday.

Call me for jumping on the bandwagon but I'll only get my ticket to this one if interest picks up. A long way to go to sit in an empty stadium. 

I have always found this explanation a bit odd, ive seen a few say similar things on twitter etc, surely if you have it in your mind to go to a game you just go?

If everyone thought like you nobody would go anywhere ever!

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I have always found this explanation a bit odd, ive seen a few say similar things on twitter etc, surely if you have it in your mind to go to a game you just go?

If everyone thought like you nobody would go anywhere ever!

It's more the circumstances around the timing of the game than anything else. If this was on a Saturday or even the Sunday I'd 100% be going as I'd have the next day off work. As it is it's on the Monday and a 7hr round trip before going back to work on the Tuesday. If this was guaranteed to be a bumper crowd, brilliant atmosphere etc, then I'd be prepared to suffer the next day. The extortionate costs of transport + tickets also plays a part.

I've done my fair share of midweek hauls this season but the one to Milton Keynes isn't one that inspires me much. I'd have been going for the away day atmosphere more than anything else. I've also been to the ground twice now so it's not a new experience.

Well apparently more than 850 sold already for the Bristol Rovers game, leaving around 300 left with the next phase of sales due to open next week.

Once again strange Rovers support. Nearly sold out Bristol within a day of it being on sale yet MK, which is nearer, earlier and has unlimited seats for everyone to go to if they wish, is struggling to sell.

Unless its just the novelty factor of a new ground that's doing it for Bristol. I went on with Stanley a couple of years ago and its rubbish.

Its only 17 miles nearer don't think that makes a difference with both still over 3 hours away. I guess Easter Monday must be the factor though less trains won't have an impact on provided coaches will it? Or personal transport. How many Rovers fans usually get the train to travel to more distant locations? I bet most take coach or car. There are people like me who can't drive and have a dislike for coach travel but others don't really mind.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Its only 17 miles nearer don't think that makes a difference with both still over 3 hours away. I guess Easter Monday must be the factor though less trains won't have an impact on provided coaches will it? Or personal transport. How many Rovers fans usually get the train to travel to more distant locations? I bet most take coach or car.

I am going on the train and it has cost me £37. Just before Christmas I made the same journey for the Northampton game and it was £17 and I guess this is prohibitive for some. It's another example of exploitation by a private company simply because it's a Bank Holiday.

In answer to your question there are quite a few Rovers fans who try do the long haul games by rail. Although it probably works out more expensive than car sharing it's hassle free and more relaxing. And just over two hours to London does it for me.

37 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Preston surely has a Virgin Train route direct to Bristol or at least via Birmingham? Not sure about MK (certainly not direct) or if Virgin trains even run there. 

MK is direct from Preston, Bristol involves a change at Birmingham. Both usually expensive to get to by train on the fastest routes.

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's more the circumstances around the timing of the game than anything else. If this was on a Saturday or even the Sunday I'd 100% be going as I'd have the next day off work. As it is it's on the Monday and a 7hr round trip before going back to work on the Tuesday. If this was guaranteed to be a bumper crowd, brilliant atmosphere etc, then I'd be prepared to suffer the next day. The extortionate costs of transport + tickets also plays a part.

I've done my fair share of midweek hauls this season but the one to Milton Keynes isn't one that inspires me much. I'd have been going for the away day atmosphere more than anything else. I've also been to the ground twice now so it's not a new experience.

I may well go , I presume tickets will be onsale on the day !

Difference is if you want to go to Bristol, there is limited capacity so you have to buy early to avoid disappointment.

If Easter Monday dawns brightly and 5,000 Rovers supporters say "I fancy a day out in sunny Milton Keynes today", they will all get in.

I reckon we will still have 1800-2000 for this; which is a good effort for an Easter Monday. I need to get 5 tickets but haven’t bothered yet as there is no rush and pretty much an unlimited allocation. I know others who haven’t got their tickets yet too. 

I hope it’s a better game than the last time I went! Adam Henley cost us the game! In fact we have lost both our previous visits to Stadium MK so now is the time to change that. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Difference is if you want to go to Bristol, there is limited capacity so you have to buy early to avoid disappointment.

You also need 7 aways this season to get in the first tranche. My one at Wigan won’t work so despite wanting to I won’t be able to go. I’m hoping the three aways I’ll have in time for Charlton will be enough. 

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Never be forgotten that game !

Oh I don't know. If it was as bad as that Leicester home game in 2001 it will probably be remembered for the utter tedium! I remember the previous couple of games were 7-1 and 3-3 so there was probably going to be a lower scoring game sooner rather than later but nobody expected that! I remember on Teletext someone predicted Rovers would win 6-0 such were Leicester's problems at the time lol. To be fair expecting Rovers to win that night and possibly scoring a couple of goals wasn't much of a stretch. Even if the aforementioned "sooner rather than later" theory applied shortly after. 

Blueboy what was funny about my post asking if anyone was boycotting? Like I said it wasn't saying people should or shouldn't its just that a few fans won't go there on principle. Whichever club they support. I wasn't suggesting loads would be.

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Never be forgotten that game !

Me neither- a win would have taken us into the play-offs, if my memory serves correctly. They were bottom too. What happened? Bowyer put 1 upfront and we drew 0-0. 

23 hours ago, AAK said:

I would be really interested to see what following we take to Charlton. If something rides on the game and with it being last away game, I would expect us to take a good following, but with it being down London, do you reckon we would sell the 3800 or so allocation?

I don't think we'll have any trouble at all selling it out assuming we're still in the automatic hunt (or perhaps already up).

If anything the converation might be more about how easily non ST holders can get tickets.

Archived