BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

The only thing that will stop us winning this game is coming in cold and lacking intensity. If we hit he ground running and get at them from the off, we should blow them away early. Then keep things solid and take the 3 points. Onto the next one then. Eat,sleep, win, repeat. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradford will be well up for this though. Got that illusive win on Saturday, back into play-off contention only 4 points off the top 6 with a game in hand, they'll be wanting to build on that and get some momentum going.

Given what's at stake here we should be raring to go and ready to send a message out after no game for a few weeks.

Just now, JHRover said:

Bradford will be well up for this though. Got that illusive win on Saturday, back into play-off contention only 4 points off the top 6 with a game in hand, they'll be wanting to build on that and get some momentum going.

Given what's at stake here we should be raring to go and ready to send a message out after no game for a few weeks.

They will indeed, hence why we need to throw a marker down early and not let them build in confidence. 

They can have their play-off shot, no problem, but they won't be doing it at our expense. We are going for the title. The 7th place team needs to be swotted aside. 

22 hours ago, meadows said:

You’d have hated those two seasons under Howard Kendall then. 

Kendall's Rovers were solid defensively and I was always confident they could defend a lead. 

Not something I can say about the current team. 

1 hour ago, meadows said:

True Howard’s team rarely lost a lead. Although the problem late on in his second season was we rarely had a lead.

But this one only has 4 times in 37 league games and only two of them (Rotherham away Fleetwood home) were down to goals in the last 10 minutes. 

This team has a few players who are a cut above the rest of the league in terms of individual ability and that so many times has got us out of jail. Whether that be a Charlie free kick, a touch of magic from Dack or a decent finish from Graham or lately Armstrong.

Kendall's promotion team performed as a collective, other than in brief spells, I'm yet to see that from Mowbray's team this season but we are where we are. 

Whatever happened to Crawford btw?

We should be winning this one and anything less than 3 points puts a lot of pressure on the players for the MK Dons match.

Hopefully Mowbray won't get his Tactics Truck out again and play Bell on the wing just because their right back once had a good game -- without doubt one of the most bizarre decisions and explanations I've ever heard from a manager, especially of a team chasing promotion when just about to play a team facing relegation. Mowbray has cost us quite a few points with his tactical wizadry this season, no more BS please. Every point is vital now.

Big question is who replaces Nyambe .... Bennett, Caddis or Travis?  I'd be tempted to play Travis there, play Bennett wide right and leave Payne on the bench.

57 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We should be winning this one and anything less than 3 points puts a lot of pressure on the players for the MK Dons match.

Hopefully Mowbray won't get his Tactics Truck out again and play Bell on the wing just because their right back once had a good game -- without doubt one of the most bizarre decisions and explanations I've ever heard from a manager, especially of a team chasing promotion when just about to play a team facing relegation. Mowbray has cost us quite a few points with his tactical wizadry this season, no more BS please. Every point is vital now.

Big question is who replaces Nyambe .... Bennett, Caddis or Travis?  I'd be tempted to play Travis there, play Bennett wide right and leave Payne on the bench.

So, next ,the important question-who is centre mid with Smallwood? 

I would definitely play Travis Right back and would lean towards Bennett in the centre. The wing then is the tough call. I like Payne, good footballer, not a winger.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, next ,the important question-who is centre mid with Smallwood? 

I would definitely play Travis Right back and would lean towards Bennett in the centre. The wing then is the tough call. I like Payne, good footballer, not a winger.

Travis right back, Bennett is far better on the wing, showed that in his display against Wigan, gives us much more width. Evans has to play there, I know some don't like him, but he's the best option, unless he goes with wing backs then Travis can play in the middle, with Bennett a wing back, rather than a RB. I think Tomlinson has done well in his limited game time this season, and would like to see him alongside Smallwood, but is he injured?

We have to assume that Charlie is going to start for Scotland tonight in Hungary so we shouldn't be starting him on Thursday. With Nyambe out then it leaves Right back an issue. I'd go

Raya

Travis      Lenihan      Williams     Bell

Smallwood   Whittingham

Bennett                  Dack                Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Caddis, Evans, Antonsson, Payne, Samuel or Nuttall

Don't think Tony will play Travis as he seems to have lost faith in him since the red card. Whittingham has been back fit for a while now would rather go with his control for an hour rather than evans who still doesn't convince me.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Crawford - one of many careers in football completely wrecked by an over ambitious Dad.

Myles Anderson another one :P

Myles was never going to have a career if it wasn't for father. There are guys pushing 50 still playing Sunday football better than he's ever going to be.

Still there's time for this late developer i suppose !

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Myles was never going to have a career if it wasn't for father. There are guys pushing 50 still playing Sunday football better than he's ever going to be.

Still there's time for this late developer i suppose !

A fake career in football designed for his CV in a football agency career to come. Also a nice earner whilst he becomes old enough to appear a credible adviser.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think Mulgrew will play despite what happens with Scotland tonight, if Mulgrew is fit there is no way Mowbray would leave him out.

Playing two games in 3 days with a big journey on the wednesday for Mulgrew at his age and his injury record is a big risk. I wouldn't risk him for Bradford.

Losing Mulgrew for a few weeks at this point of the season could completely derail our season

• Backroom

Mulgrew would be a huge loss at both ends - still think if he didn’t get injured we are two points better off, no guarantees but also no chance his penalty would have been as bad as Antonssons 

If Mulgrew was the captain and lynchpin for Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool and they had a crunch must win game less than 48 hours after a pointless away friendly for Scotland then he wouldn't be playing for Scotland.

The stakes couldn't be greater for Blackburn Rovers and Mulgrew is essential to that.

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A fake career in football designed for his CV in a football agency career to come. Also a nice earner whilst he becomes old enough to appear a credible adviser.

Gaining some inside knowledge and making some useful contacts on his journey as well no doubt. He'll probably pop up somewhere years in the future bleeding a football club from wheeling and dealing after placing his own manager in situ somewhere :o

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If Mulgrew was the captain and lynchpin for Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool and they had a crunch must win game less than 48 hours after a pointless away friendly for Scotland then he wouldn't be playing for Scotland.

The stakes couldn't be greater for Blackburn Rovers and Mulgrew is essential to that.

Even the likes of Hanley have pulled out. Looking at their defensive options left, he'll be playing. Very frustrating.

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Even the likes of Hanley have pulled out. Looking at their defensive options left, he'll be playing. Very frustrating.

Absolutely ridiculous, but not surprising. Just hope there's no complaints from Rovers end if he's unfit or knackered come Thursday night.

Why the @#/? is there any chance Mulgrew will miss a game for us because of a friendly for a country who aren't even in the world cup. 

This is ridiculous. Absolutely disgraceful 

McLeish is being a selfish nob

Mulgrew is in a tricky spot, he can't say no more f McLeish wants him. It would get fans on his back saying he did not don't want to play. Anyway, McLeish is the main villain here 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why the @#/? is there any chance Mulgrew will miss a game for us because of a friendly for a country who aren't even in the world cup. 

This is ridiculous. Absolutely disgraceful 

McLeish is being a selfish nob

Mulgrew is in a tricky spot, he can't say no more f McLeish wants him. It would get fans on his back saying he did not don't want to play. Anyway, McLeish is the main villain here 

Scott McTominay suddenly withdrew from the squad due to a mysterious injury. Matt Richie has gone back to Newcastle for assessment to an 'injury'. Wonder how long they'll be out of contention for Man Utd and Newcastle. Not long is my guess.

Archived