BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

He is more than likely going to miss a game for us,because of a friendly for a team preparing for no competition. Either that or he will play below 100%, as a 20 year couldn't play 2 games to the full of their ability in such a short space of time, let alone someone in their 30s. Worse case scenario, well, lets not even go there. This situation is just asking for trouble. 

It is ridiculous. I am actually speechless. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JHRover said:

Scott McTominay suddenly withdrew from the squad due to a mysterious injury. Matt Richie has gone back to Newcastle for assessment to an 'injury'. Wonder how long they'll be out of contention for Man Utd and Newcastle. Not long is my guess.

They will play on Saturday 

Mulgrew is in a tricky spot. He's just been handed the captain's armband and is currently playing in the third tier. It will no doubt potentially increase his personal stock in the summer as captain of Scotland.

Like all the others that have pulled out as a consequence of 'injury', Charlie should have done similarly IMO but I reluctantly understand why he hasn't.

I agree McLeish is the villain but he never did have much love for Rovers did he.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mulgrew is in a tricky spot. He's just been handed the captain's armband and is currently playing in the third tier. It will no doubt potentially increase his personal stock in the summer as captain of Scotland.

Like all the others that have pulled out as a consequence of 'injury', Charlie should have done similarly IMO but I reluctantly understand why he hasn't.

I agree McLeish is the villain but he never did have much love for Rovers did he.

Funny way of looking at it, saying his "personal stock" will be higher in the summer. You are kind of making out that he is doing something against rovers, for his own benefit. in my opinion, that is not the case. He can't pull out because he is the captain, he has a responsibility to lead. It is a huge honour. He wasn't the most popular choice, mostly due to his Celtic connections, so I'm sure the other side of Glasgow would be on his back if he did pull out. 

The decision to leave him out should have been a simple one, and it should have been made by McLeish. This is a completely ridiculous scenario. Stupid ginger p****

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Sky are the villians for putting our game on a Thursday straight after the international window... 

Nope. McLeish should have left him out of a meaningless friendly. They aren't even at the world cup. I am fuming, I would imagine Mowbray is too. Pure stubborn ,selfish ,ignorance by McLeish 

You're right Matty - Sky are the main culprits. Given they had to cancel our live game at home to Fleetwood earlier in the season due to international commitments they must have know it was a possible problem for us. Yet they have Oxford v Scunthorpe on Friday lunchtime and neither of those were affected by international call ups, so they could easily have swapped the timings of the two games.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nope. McLeish should have left him out of a meaningless friendly. They aren't even at the world cup. I am fuming, I would imagine Mowbray is too. Pure stubborn ,selfish ,ignorance by McLeish 

You’d think Mowbray could have done a bit more though, you can imagine the likes of Warnock would have a word in the managers ear 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He has every right to play him, though I don’t see what the point is, he knows what he’s all about.

Sky should not be moving our game to an international midweek.

Just now, only2garners said:

You're right Matty - Sky are the main culprits. Given they had to cancel our live game at home to Fleetwood earlier in the season due to international commitments they must have know it was a possible problem for us. Yet they have Oxford v Scunthorpe on Friday lunchtime and neither of those were affected by international call ups, so they could easily have swapped the timings of the two games.

So when should they move it too? 

McLeish has no reason to play him in a meaningless friendly. Simple as that 

Don't blame him for playing as it's the start of a new managers era and he'll want to stake his claim for a place in the side and maybe even the armband on a permenant basis. Hopefully no more than 45 minutes tonight though :( Be a big ask for Mulgrew to play tonight, Thursday and Monday with his tendency to pick up injuries. We need him.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe he did. No point in him coming out in the media saying it though

I just imagine warnock would be more persuasive 

Could it be McLeish, with his Rangers connections, being churlish and sticking 2 fingers up to Mowbray and Mulgrew with their Celtic background?

Was he Birmingham manager at the time of the Savage saga?

He's certainly doing us no favours that's for sure.

It’s good that Mulgrew is a player who still wants to play for his country and puts that first. Puts us in a difficult position though, presuming he rests on Thursday and comes back on Monday, if he’s fit that is.  Poor scheduling to have a game plonked in an international break.

such a massive game on Thursday as well.  If we don’t win I think it’ll be a huge downer after being on an upward curve for so long.

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Could it be McLeish, with his Rangers connections, being churlish and sticking 2 fingers up to Mowbray and Mulgrew with their Celtic background?

Was he Birmingham manager at the time of the Savage saga?

He's certainly doing us no favours that's for sure.

Hes a boring, strange and uninspiring appointment whose seemingly not got the fans backing already, and is trying to seemingly trying to alter the teams way of playing, and wants his newly appointed captain at the centre of it, hardly surprising.

No need for conspiracies here.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, next ,the important question-who is centre mid with Smallwood? 

I would definitely play Travis Right back and would lean towards Bennett in the centre. The wing then is the tough call. I like Payne, good footballer, not a winger.

Evans in cm with Smallwood, Bennett on the right and Travis at full back. We'll miss Nyambe, he's a very good defender one on one.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Tom said:

Mulgrew would be a huge loss at both ends - still think if he didn’t get injured we are two points better off, no guarantees but also no chance his penalty would have been as bad as Antonssons 

Of course he then Antonssons one tonight!

Archived