BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We have to assume that Charlie is going to start for Scotland tonight in Hungary so we shouldn't be starting him on Thursday. With Nyambe out then it leaves Right back an issue. I'd go

Raya

Travis      Lenihan      Williams     Bell

Smallwood   Whittingham

Bennett                  Dack                Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Caddis, Evans, Antonsson, Payne, Samuel or Nuttall

Don't think Tony will play Travis as he seems to have lost faith in him since the red card. Whittingham has been back fit for a while now would rather go with his control for an hour rather than evans who still doesn't convince me.

When was Whittingham declared fit?

• Moderation Lead

Looks like Mulgrew came through Scotland’s game without dying which is nice. Though I’m sure that you’ll all agree that on behalf of myself and Blackburn Rovers FC- Alex McLeish can Foxtrot Oscar.

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Looks like Mulgrew came through Scotland’s game without dying which is nice. Though I’m sure that you’ll all agree that on behalf of myself and Blackburn Rovers FC- Alex McLeish can Foxtrot Oscar.

Absolutely no need to McLeish to make a point like he has.

10 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not a chance he’ll play him on Thursday IMO given he won’t get back until tomorrow morning. Can see him opting for Williams CB and Bell LB. 

I’ll say it again though, McLeish is a to**ser of the highest order. Hopefully we win and stick two fingers up to him.

I'll be really surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow. Mowbray knows how weak we are without him and the effect on the team will be more damaging without him than him playing and perhaps being a bit 'leggy'.

To be honest I'm more relieved he came through unscathed than perturbed by the fact he played both games.

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

When was Whittingham declared fit?

He was nearly back for the Wigan game on the 2nd March. Played in the Lancashire senior cup game on the 7th March. And was in the match day squad for the Gillingham game. So he'll be good for an hour I reckon.

22 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I hear Scotland laid on a private jet to Manchester after the game for Mulgrew. We should be thankful he wasn't given a standard ticket to Preston.

Link? Source? :P

Thats good if they did. Some consolation to the idiocy of playing him in that meaningless friendly. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'll be really surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow. Mowbray knows how weak we are without him and the effect on the team will be more damaging without him than him playing and perhaps being a bit 'leggy'.

To be honest I'm more relieved he came through unscathed than perturbed by the fact he played both games.

I'm sure he'll cope. He hadn't played for two weeks prior to the Scotland games and he hardly spends Rovets matches charging round the pitch. 

20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't want to judge you unfairly but i'd hope Mulgrew is in slightly better shape.:P

Mulgrew will be knackered. Despite the temptation to play him from the start on Thursday night, I'd put him on the bench. The last thing that we need is Charlie out for the season as a result of an injury from a mistimed challenge down to fatigue.

I'd start with a back 4 of Travis, Lenihan, Williams and Bell, with Smallwood and Bennett in front of the back 4. Armstrong, Dack and Antonsson, with Graham up top.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mulgrew will be knackered. Despite the temptation to play him from the start on Thursday night, I'd put him on the bench. The last thing that we need is Charlie out for the season as a result of an injury from a mistimed challenge down to fatigue.

I'd start with a back 4 of Travis, Lenihan, Williams and Bell, with Smallwood and Bennett in front of the back 4. Armstrong, Dack and Antonsson, with Graham up top.

Yep..Head v heart.

It's not right, though, is it.

3 minutes ago, renrag said:

I wonder how the old pro’s managed when they played Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday. They also had a similar programme at Christmas, if it fell near the weekend.

Yes I know all that but it's hardly relevant. I'm of a similar ilk and have little sympathy for the poor buggers but time's moved on, which I accept.

They used to play with a medicine ball with laces,  pitches were ankle deep in mud, sliding tackles where wingers were dumped unceremoniously in the front row of the crowd..........

Grayson will be cocking himself and that can't be right.

Archived