BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't have said this at half time but well done TM for putting the team together. Payne, Armstrong, Evans, Smallwood, Dack & Bennett all gelled against a team who didn't show much of a threat throughout. If I've one criticism its TM not getting in the ear of the forth official during the first half as SG did.

But we are top of the league :rover:  

Evans excellent performance lifted the team after the loss of Lenihan. A shame he can't shoot.

Good all round performance by most players but Raya's kicking of a rolling ball is suspect and Downing's passing abject.

Dack superb. 

Larry critical of his team post match and they were shite. Probably as easy a game as our defence has had for ages.

38 minutes ago, The Big Picture said:

Maybe but 48 years a fan gives me some weight...  Even newbies should be able to tell moaning old men to get a grip though. Goodbye...

Great to read your two posts. Please don’t judge the board by some inane comments. We all want Rovers to succeed.

Agree with the comments regarding Evans, he was my MOM tonight. Kept the ball well, put his foot in and won second balls, too savvy for their guys. Good assist too.

Williams look far more accomplished at centre half than at full back, but then again he didn't have much to contend with, a right lump that Wyke.

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Armstrong as lone forward was a revelation - last we’ve seen of Samuel I reckon - and I loved the positions Payne took up.

Depth of squad will take us up. Two of our three top scorers out and then we bring Payne and Conway off the bench; no-one else can do that.

Tweeted at half time that Stretch needed to be were Samuel was and Dack needed to be were Armstrong was. Credit Mowbray again for shuffling the pack to great effect although I think that is always part of the plan.  Lucky for us that there aren't many teams who can capitalise on our stuttering first halves when the team puts a shift in, which is more often than not these days which is a terrific turn around from the past 8 years where it was one or two great shifts every 5 or 6 games.

Just shows the difference between mentally strong young hungry players and some proper direction from the sidelines compared to the holiday camp nature that had set in.

Samuel just too lightweight for that kind of role sadly.

Without two of our most influential players we started really well and could have gone ahead but after Lenihan went off we enter a phase of mediocrity with us losing a bit of shape and players looking frustrated. Bringing Payne on and letting him have a free role was the game changer for me and Armstrong playing up front for the ineffectual Samuel was a close second. Payne seemed to inspire Dack who showed moments of class. After the promising opening up until the first goal I would have put money on 0-0 and lots of fans must have felt the same judging by the comments and frustrations.

I wasn't too impressed with no Mulgrew (even on the bench) particularly when Lenihan went off and then when Williams went down injured but in fairness I had Williams as my man of the match. Downing was poor I thought and if we have to rely on him for a longer period I will be worried. Hopefully Lenihan and Mulgrew will be back for Monday.

I thought the referee was poor. For me he missed a clear sending off in the first few minutes but he was as bad for both teams.

Not a recognisable line up, BIG names missing vs a team I thought that we should be fearing an upset against.

It was frustrating, but comprehensive and routine. Ugly, but a piece of piss.

We are too good for this league.

We can win every remaining game.

COYB

Just now, arbitro said:

Without two of our most influential players we started really well and could have gone ahead but after Lenihan went off we enter a phase of mediocrity with us losing a bit of shape and players looking frustrated. Bringing Payne on and letting him have a free role was the game changer for me and Armstrong playing up front for the ineffectual Samuel was a close second. Payne seemed to inspire Dack who showed moments of class. After the promising opening up until the first goal I would have put money on 0-0 and lots of fans must have felt the same judging by the comments and frustrations.

I wasn't too impressed with no Mulgrew (even on the bench) particularly when Lenihan went off and then when Williams went down injured but in fairness I had Williams as my man of the match. Downing was poor I thought and if we have to rely on him for a longer period I will be worried. Hopefully Lenihan and Mulgrew will be back for Monday.

I thought the referee was poor. For me he missed a clear sending off in the first few minutes but he was as bad for both teams.

Williams was very good. Downing improved 2nd half too. 

Another one ticked off, well done Rovers! 

Superb finish from Dack for the first and then some great link up play between Payne, Armstrong and Dack for the second (and a nice Conway finish). It was clear from the off that Payne is a nice technical footballer but he never really looked that comfortable out wide until tonight, so great to see him play well when he came on and play a part in both goals.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Posted in the first half. Lack of attcking threat. Better 2nd half but once again rescued by our talisaman Dack. 

Nope. Still doesn’t reflect the full 90 minutes. 

Really good performance tonight. 

We were miles the better side and should have been 3 goals in first half. Always thought the goal was coming. 

Dack was class tonight and Evans was very good today and show his N.Ireland performance finally..

Wasnt nervous tonight at nil nil. 

Armstrong and Samuel pace caused them problems all game. 

I like Payne coming of the bench when they is 30 mins left and more space and tire legs. 

Bradford were awful and dont see them making playoffs this season

Raya had a couple of catches to make which he took cleanly but apart from that, nada. Bell and Williams were good. Bennett is wasted at right-back. Downing is a League 1 carthorse but he got a bit better 2nd half.

Evans played well (for Evans) and actually did some running about. There is a good footballer in there trying to get out. Smallwood was just ok. Antonnson and Samuel were awful.

Dack and Armstrong are a class above. Dack's finishing is Prem standard.Payne is class when central. Conway looked delighted to score.

Bradford were awful.  Their Stone Island hoolies in the Postal Order even worse.

Our better players won us the game. What a luxury to have Payne to bring on as sub.

Lets smash the plastic Dons.

Really impressed by Evans tonight, hopefully a sign of things to come. Dack was class as usual and I thought Williams had a good game too. Massive performance and result with Mulgrew and Graham missing. 

Cannot believe he didn’t give a red card.

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Come on Rochdale and Oldham ?????⚪️⚽️

I was about to say "bloody hell, is that who we're relying on?" but then I'd probably say that about every team in this league bar possibly Rotherham, Peterborough and Plymouth. Bradford are 10th and we made them look like they were rock bottom. Granted they've lost 5 of their last 6, but then Scunthorpe haven't won a game since February 3rd and sit 5th so... that's the league we're in. A league we really shouldn't be in, and if not for Venky's and Owen Coyle we probably wouldn't be. At least Venky's fed us a few scraps this season to actually give us a chance. Meanwhile Coyle went and got paid to sink another club. 

Hearing pre match Graham and Mulgrew were both out certainly lowered expectations but then poor Bradford had nothing in terms of quality to hurt Rovers only problem was Samuel, Rovers number 9, was doing a great job for Bradford. Samuel subbed, Armstrong in his position certainly strengthened Rovers hand rather that weaken it and on the team marched from nil - nil to two nil...... happy days ! 

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Tweeted at half time that Stretch needed to be were Samuel was and Dack needed to be were Armstrong was. Credit Mowbray again for shuffling the pack to great effect although I think that is always part of the plan.  Lucky for us that there aren't many teams who can capitalise on our stuttering first halves when the team puts a shift in, which is more often than not these days which is a terrific turn around from the past 8 years where it was one or two great shifts every 5 or 6 games.

Just shows the difference between mentally strong young hungry players and some proper direction from the sidelines compared to the holiday camp nature that had set in.

Samuel just too lightweight for that kind of role sadly.

For a professional footballer Samuel has no ball control, which just isn't good enough for a Blackburn Rovers player.

34 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Posted in the first half. Lack of attcking threat. Better 2nd half but once again rescued by our talisaman Dack. 

Yes I know it was posted in the first half, one which we dominated. 

No attacking threat? Two blocked on the line, one off the crossbar, possibly one headed off the line, I’m not sure on that, and two or three other shots very close to the mark. 

To my mind that constitutes an attacking threat.

2-0 at HT would have been fair on the balance of play. 

Archived