BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City (home)

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not aimed at any one individual but the forum would be much healthier if quite a few followed that advice.

I also post on another forum - music-related not football. On there people have very different views about likes and dislikes but for some reason the responses to negative posts are completely different. Everyone seems to implicitly understand that opinions are subjective and even negative views are accepted. Nobody “isn’t a real fan” because if it. Shame that can’t be adopted on here.

The condescending tone (“real fans would..., etc.”) from those keen to shut “negative people” up is what causes most of the rows on here.

For a group of (mainly) blokes there are more grudges and longer memories that a free-dabber night at Gala Bingo.

It's become far more important for some posters to be right and win the arguement, rather than call what they see on the pitch.

The culprits are pulling up posts from years ago to try and push that agenda, prove posters wrong,  which to be frank shows a complete lack of class, context and imagination. 

Last nights game was thoroughly enjoyable, some of the football was great to watch, we're by no means the finished article but the signs are good.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Every single person on here has a right old bitch at one time or another. The vitriol from saying I didn't think we were any good first half has been astonishing. To have ones support questioned by the Sky Sports massive in Worcester and Cornwall is hilarious. I also didn't realise that  if you don't go to games you can only post 'positive' comments. Kim Wrong Un has nowt on some on here.

You've lost the plot blueboy, get some sleep, you'll feel better once you've had some shut eye.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

It's become far more important for some posters to be right and win the arguement, rather than call what they see on the pitch.

The culprits are pulling up posts from years ago to try and push that agenda, prove posters wrong,  which to be frank shows a complete lack of class, context and imagination. 

Last nights game was thoroughly enjoyable, some of the football was great to watch, we're by no means the finished article but the signs are good.

Funny that, we used to call that “Being Tris’d”. Seemed a lot more classy back then for some reason.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Play the ball not the man....

Wise words blueboy3333, now give it a rest.

Just now, Stuart said:

Funny that, we used to call that “Being Tris’d”. Seemed a lot more classy back then for some reason.

Oh for a return to this hallcion days Stuart :D

• Backroom

Woke up - surprisingly not too hungover  so thought I’d read back through and see how the game panned out.

I suddenly now feel very very hungover!

Well, I watched it on TV.  First time I've seen us play in a couple of years. The first half appeared a bit like the unforgettable Crewe match where we couldn't score despite peppering their goal and creating numerous other chances to get shots in only to squander them through poor passes or wayward shooting. 

I always felt last night though that if we could get a goal up, we'd win. I don't generally watch Rovers on TV - didn't even in the premiership when away matches I wasn't attending were televised - because when I do we almost always lose, so was delighted to not jinx this one. 

It certainly, on TV coverage, was nowhere near as bad as blueboy made out. It was frustrating at times in the first half, but not really poor. Of course I'm viewing it through TV editing so it may have been worse to watch live,  but then again it may have been better. 

Oh, and according to the awful Sky commentator we have a player called Smalling   First time I thought it was a slip  of the tongue, but he said it several times

Just now, Stuart said:

Who was it who seemed to keep a library of certain posters old posts, including his own, and could pull them up at a moments notice by page and post number reference.

Things were so much better organised in the good old days when you could quite easily follow a good moan.

Anyway we won well and are back on TOP.

I hope I can post that as a Sky watching non match attendee. :rover:

We will finish the season in 2nd place as I have been saying for age..........really? 

Just now, gumboots said:

It certainly, on TV coverage, was nowhere near as bad as blueboy made out.

Just my opinion, Gumboots. There were a lot of frustrated people near me at half-time and that's not just because they were near me. I posted near to that time. Unfortunately the locals and not-so-locals couldn't cope with a quick throwaway remark and 12 hours later they are still coming. Bizarre.

And you're entitled to your opinion. It really didn't come across as more than frustrating on TV.  Bradford's strong arm tactics made it very hard watching at some points. Ref seemed to think nothing was a really bad foul. Was worried we'd try dishing it out a bit too and get punished for it

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But spent all the game posting on here ? :lol:

Come on...there are these expensive little things called smartphones that have a technology called wifi that allows people to be connected to the internet all times if they so wish. How is posting while at a game a big deal?

Just now, JacknOry said:

Come on...there are these expensive little things called smartphones that have a technology called wifi that allows people to be connected to the internet all times if they so wish. How is posting while at a game a big deal?

I think it was 3 posts in the whole game too. I'm amazed he laughed at the end of his post. Maybe it was at himself.

For me last night was the best 90 minute performance of the season.  I thought we dominated the first twenty minutes and could - should - have been in front.  Bradford's strong-arm tactics disrupted the flow of the game and for a time, towards half-time, we lost our way a little.  However, the second half saw us return to the form we had shown in the opening period and I thought we totally overwhelmed Bradford.  With the players available I thought Mowbray got his selection and tactics spot on and made the changes when needed.  This was a very good performance considering that regulars like Nyambe, Mulgrew and Graham were side-lined and having Lenihan go off before half-time.  A long way to go still but for the first time in a long while I felt we gave a ninety minute performance rather than the usual 45-minute one.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

All game? Where you there?

Yes of course ...hence i wasnt posting on here..had a season ticket for 28 years.

Just reading back all the match day thread with coffee n toast ..i always wondered why everyone at football games have their phones out.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Yes of course ...hence i wasnt posting on here..had a season ticket for 28 years.

Just reading back all the match day thread with coffee n toast ..i always wondered why everyone at football games have their phones out.

Ah, right, so you've seen people with their phones out at the football? Your post was needlessly provocative then ( I think that's the phrase of the day). Enjoy your breakfast and maybe try and contribute some football stuff instead of just sniping from the sidelines. At least this time you didn't make Nazi references. Stay classy. 

This was the kind of game that seperates the teams that go up from the ones that don't. We had injuries, Scotland shafting us a bit, hit the post, hit the bar, ref bottling a certain red card, injury early in the game. All the excuses where there for this to be 'One of them games'. But it wasn't, we got the job done, where very worthy winners and with all the stuff listed above that's a very good 3 points. Also thought the fans where good last night. Despite the stakes the support in the 2nd half was excellent rather than nervous.

COYB....8 to go!!

Thought Bradford were a poor outfit, although Kilgallon had a decent game with some crucial blocks for them. I wonder what the score might have been if we'd fielded a number 9 like theirs, who got away with some bruising tackles and awful backing in to defenders. I felt we really missed Danny Graham in terms of hold up play in the final third, but fair play to Dack and Armstrong whose energy and guile was enough to unlock the Bantams defence. There is a big gulf between the top three clubs in this division and the chasing pack. I think Rovers and Wigan definitely have the edge in quality and strength in depth over the Shrews, but they seem to have great team spirit and tenacity which has enabled them to punch above their weight (so far).

Looking forward to the run in. I hope the other lot blink first!

COYB!

Thought we played really well last night but as time ticket on and chances went amiss I thought it was gonna be one of them days. 

Don't no how  to post the link but typed in Blackburn Rovers manager records into Google and it produced the win ratio of all our managers from Kenny to now. 

Kenny had 52.6% win ratio to Tony 52%. .

While only lost 7 in 50 games. 

Sorry to be a bore stato just found it interesting how well we have done since TM come in.

Archived