BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends Lounge

AAK

Now open to all before kick off, starting tomorrow, is this just the original legends lounge where you could get packages with a meal etc? Or have they done it up?

30 minutes ago, AAK said:

Now open to all before kick off, starting tomorrow, is this just the original legends lounge where you could get packages with a meal etc? Or have they done it up?

Don't think it has been done up as such. Don't think there's any meals on offer.

Can't really see it being popular in its current trial format, hope I'm wrong but I can't see why people would go round to the Darwen End for a pint and pay £2 to get in when they can go to the Blues Bar for £1. Ok it might be more spacious and easier to get served but that's about it.

My idea was to refurb the old Legends Lounge into some sort of 'pub' themed area with traditional pub décor and market it as that with a few cask beers on and live sports on tv etc. I'd happily pay £2 a game to go in if it was something different and I could go an enjoy a few decent pints. Sheffield Wednesday have done this with the 'Wednesday Tap', they've done a deal with a local brewery and get supplied with local ale along with events during the week.

I think something similar would work well at Rovers and get people going in.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/commercial/the-wednesday-tap/

I went in last night, and was rather impressed with it all. The service was quick and the there were plenty of seats. It was enjoyable watching the players warm up with a beer in my hand too. The only downside was walking out into a load of Bradford fans. 

2CD466A7-5121-4348-B142-80135307A15F.jpeg

Just now, scotchrover said:

I went in last night, and was rather impressed with it all. The service was quick and the there were plenty of seats. It was enjoyable watching the players warm up with a beer in my hand too. The only downside was walking out into a load of Bradford fans. 

Can you sit there all game and watch the match?

I went in last night-I was the first ever paying customer. Spoke with Waggot who said it's a trial till the end of season.  See Rovers Trust email soon regarding this etc

Pros

Was a lovely view of players warming up in warm dry bar

Quiet and quick service

Plush environmens

Cons

£2 entry (Should £1)

No grub

Only 1 tv screen

Think it could be a Blues Bar 2 with the cons removed. 

51 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

What is that a pint of looks pretty flat!

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I thought the USP for charging people £2 was so that they could watch it through the glass? The lounge may not be where I think it is.

Its the lounge you used to be able to buy packages in pal. The away fans are sat right in front of you, used to have some good banter in there with away fans during game. It will be the one youre thinking of. Were away fans allowed in, anyone that went?? 

3 hours ago, AAK said:

Its the lounge you used to be able to buy packages in pal. The away fans are sat right in front of you, used to have some good banter in there with away fans during game. It will be the one youre thinking of. Were away fans allowed in, anyone that went?? 

No away fans that I could tell!

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

What is that a pint of looks pretty flat!

It was IPA- I rather enjoyed it!

3 hours ago, Ozz said:

I went in last night-I was the first ever paying customer. Spoke with Waggot who said it's a trial till the end of season.  See Rovers Trust email soon regarding this etc

Pros

Was a lovely view of players warming up in warm dry bar

Quiet and quick service

Plush environmens

Cons

£2 entry (Should £1)

No grub

Only 1 tv screen

Think it could be a Blues Bar 2 with the cons removed. 

Is it open after the game ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I like the idea of the lounge pre game, much rather go in there than blues but I think they should be free entry for ST / club members (although there may be some red tape or other around having to charge that I’m not aware of)

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve sold out tomorrow’s game in three venues... including the £25 a head ‘VIP Experience’.

Wagott does know his market after all!

I’m surprised, but very pleased, to read this. 

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve sold out tomorrow’s game in three venues... including the £25 a head ‘VIP Experience’.

When you say 3 venues, Matt, is that - the away end, legends and blues?

On 3/30/2018 at 18:43, AAK said:

Away fans in before the Southend game which surprised me ,had a bit of banter with them.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They must have missed calculated that ,they could have used the bigger lounge .

On 30/03/2018 at 17:39, scotchrover said:

At least you got to keep it in the glass. When taking my young fella over to his first game I opted for the Legends Lounge for the full game, and it was pints in plastic cups, due to the "advertising on the pint glasses being seen on camera". 

14 hours ago, Paul said:

I’m surprised, but very pleased, to read this. 

Surprising yes, pleasing no. These more-money-than-sense folk will drive the prices up for everyone else.

I guess if we see a season ticket hike next season then we know who to blame: not Waggott but ‘the market’.

£25 to watch a League One match. On telly.

The world has gone mad.

@Stuartlike you I still think it’s a crazy, well ripoff, price. I object to being charged to watch football on TV by Rovers. Saying that given the importance of today’s game I probably would have paid £5-6 to watch in Legends while believing it should be free to ST holders. I don’t think as an ST holder I’ve received any other perks this year. I wont go in Blues because I don’t enjoy loud enclosed spaces or, probably, standing for three hours. 

The Legends deal? I’ve eaten a three course meal there during a sports presentation evening. The food provided by Northcote was absolutely appalling. I understand the difficulty of mass catering but to provide lukewarm chicken breast in lemon sauce isn’t acceptable. I’ve refused to pay at much better places - the Oyster & Otter for one. I would never knowingly risk being disappointed by Northcote again whatever the supposed reputation.

£19 effectively for one course? We ate at The Dressers in Wheelton last night. £63 drinks, four mains, two deserts. Better beer as well.  Legends is a ripoff. 

So I am surprised but pleased there are this many fans interested enough in Rovers to cough up. Doesn’t stop it being a ripoff but good to see we have the support. Get my drift?

As for “knowing the market?” It’s the world we live in and in relation to football I’ve ranted too many times about this.

Before it gets quoted I said earlier I’d pay £10 for the Charlton game if I couldn’t get there and it meant promotion. Still a ripoff but I’d pay it. Just like I’ve had to pay £10 postage to see, probably for the last time, my favourite guitarist. Doesn’t make it right but sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Anyway I’ll be at The Valley. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Surprising yes, pleasing no. These more-money-than-sense folk will drive the prices up for everyone else.

I guess if we see a season ticket hike next season then we know who to blame: not Waggott but ‘the market’.

£25 to watch a League One match. On telly.

The world has gone mad.

I agree. 

If Rovers are allowed to screen the match and there are lots of fans who couldn't get tickets for the game then it would be a great gesture to show it on a big screen somewhere for the benefit of those fans. This would be a great way of engaging with the supporters and showing a little consideration and goodwill. Obviously it would not be unfair to charge a couple of pounds to cover costs.  

Instead they have gone for a money making venture which excludes lots of people who can't really justify spending £25.00 to watch the game on TV even if it does include a buffet.

Opportunity to build bridges missed. 

Archived