BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray to Ipswich?

I can't fault the bloke regarding what he's done to sort out the shambles that was Blackburn Rovers just over a year ago. Of course he's made mistakes but even King Kenny signed some duck eggs, Richard Witchsge  any one ? He'll have my respect for what he's achieved here and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for that. We are no longer a football  laughing stock and 95% of the credit for that is down to Tony Mowbray.

Having said that there is no room for sentiment in football, if you stand still you end up going backwards. Football systems and tactics are involving all the time and it's the younger guys who are setting the standards in this respect. I'd like Tony to be offered the role of Club Manager with a younger coach having more of a say in the running of the team. A bit like Kenny and Ray Harford. I think you know who I've got in mind for this role. He won't cost us anything.

This season we stand on he verge of promotion and I would suggest most games we've only played at 70% of what we should be capable of. Next season that won't be good enough, we'll need to get 95% to 100% out of a squad consisting of a lot of our current players 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Next season that won't be good enough, we'll need to get 95% to 100% out of a squad consisting of a lot of our current players 

To be fair Mowbray comfortably picked up enough points to have us mid-table when he came to the club last season. We arguably have a better squad now.

Mowbray's natural caution/counter-attacking style may suit us more in a league where we won't have the best players. Mowbray isn't comfortable trying to break down packed defences. Luck and a good start will obviously play a huge part too.

We will need a few more players though. A couple of injuries and our bench has been less than inspiring at times.

Archived