BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] .

Good job i held off getting train ticket for this as i did doncaster as well. If its a thursday night then its a no go. But friday to sunday will be no problem. Possibly staying over in london if its early saturday

Would lose £22 on the train if this happens which is no big deal whatsoever, doubt I would travel down there on a Thursday or Friday though after already forking that out. We are away at Doncaster on Tuesday the 24th so we certainly wont be playing them Thursday 26th you wouldn’t imagine.

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Being moved for TV I hear. Plenty fans who've bought rail tickets not happy.

Source of information? 

I’ve booked everything and I’ll be devastated if this happens. Silly you might think, but it was an attempt to avoid ridiculous prices, which the capital is infamous for.

We need the club to take a stand against this!

I will never understand people that don't take up refundable options on hotels and trains. This happens again and again yet every time some poor bugger ends up out of pocket. If you're booking ANY event, get the refundable ticket, travel and hotel.

7 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

You heard that from Sky? 

I’m wanting to know where this information’s come from too. Surely if you knew it was being moved, you’d know to what date it was being shifted to too....

Just now, scotchrover said:

I’m wanting to know where this information’s come from too. Surely if you knew it was being moved, you’d know to what date it was being shifted to too....

Just need MG Pensioner to tell us the games been cancelled indefinitely now....

in all fairness mcmc is a good lad, I’m sure he’s good reason to post this.

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Being moved for TV I hear. Plenty fans who've bought rail tickets not happy.

have no fans book tickets with refund option?

2 hours ago, yorkblues said:

Hope not will be very fecked off with Rovers if they allow this

Rovers don't have a say as the Football League signed a TV contract with Sky so no club can object as they received money for each game televised

27 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If Rovers is moved it will be the Saturday 530 pm slot or the Sunday 1230 slot its the only rational choice

It could be Saturday Dinner time as Sky Sports could show our game and PL game now they have different Channels now

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

From Ste B Bob.

Oh well, in that case, 3.00 o’clock Saturday it will be then! ?

It wouldn’t surprise me. ☹️ That’s why I’ve held off. Bloody Sky. The game would be better off without them. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You don't seem to understand how rail tickets work chaddy. There's no point in booking a refundable ticket well in advance, as you can buy those on the day at the same price. The reason to book what are called Advance tickets is that they are much cheaper than an Off-Peak or Anytime ticket, but they are non-refundable. You can change them for a £10 fee. So fans naturally look to book cheap Advance tickets up to 12 weeks ahead - the sooner you book them the cheaper they are, a bit like cheap airfares. There's a risk, but I don't blame any fan for opting to book ahead for this one, as we have had a few TV games lately and it must have looked unlikely this one would be chosen.

In truth I might well have already booked train tickets for Charlton myself if my wife hadn't broken her leg last week. It looks like we will be driving down now (she doesn't go to the games but our eldest son lives in London). In any event I may be with the Charlton fans - my son works in Blackheath with quite a few Charlton fans.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You don't seem to understand how rail tickets work chaddy. There's no point in booking a refundable ticket well in advance, as you can buy those on the day at the same price. The reason to book what are called Advance tickets is that they are much cheaper than an Off-Peak or Anytime ticket, but they are non-refundable. You can change them for a £10 fee. So fans naturally look to book cheap Advance tickets up to 12 weeks ahead - the sooner you book them the cheaper they are, a bit like cheap airfares. There's a risk, but I don't blame any fan for opting to book ahead for this one, as we have had a few TV games lately and it must have looked unlikely this one would be chosen.

In truth I might well have already booked train tickets for Charlton myself if my wife hadn't broken her leg last week. It looks like we will be driving down now (she doesn't go to the games but our eldest son lives in London). In any event I may be with the Charlton fans - my son works in Blackheath with quite a few Charlton fans.

I dont catch the train very much. Odd trip each year when going to York

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers don't have a say as the Football League signed a TV contract with Sky so no club can object as they received money for each game televised

It could be Saturday Dinner time as Sky Sports could show our game and PL game now they have different Channels now

I can’t see it being Saturday lunch time. The race for the Championship play-off places are incredibly tight. 

I've read through the thread and searched online and nothing is conclusive about the game being changed. Can anyone confirm that the time and date has been changed and if so when?

It'll amount to the last straw for me, (again!) but to be honest living abroad and trying my utmost to support Rovers home and away as much as I possibly can, to then have to try to change travel arrangements at the eleventh hour at Skys whim, is really getting to me.

If you ally the changes to fixture dates recently to the nonsense endured for Gillingham, it's no wonder I'm cheesed off.

Archived