BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

I can't believe there's not a pinned match day thread, so I thought I'd better start one!

I'll be joining a host of fellow Darweners for bacon sandwiches prior to our trip.

Hopefully Lenihan, Mulgrew and Graham will all be available for selection and give TM a selection headache after what I thought was a thoroughly professional 90 minute performance on Thursday last.

With a bit of luck, Jim MK2 and his party of a couple of thousand supporters will have managed to have got through on the phone at Ewood and will swell our travelling support to 4 thousand plus. I'll be keeping a look out for the Brazil coach en route and hope Jim gives us a wave.

Nuff said, COYB!!!

and WE ARE The Rovers!!!!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third visit to the concrete, land of roundabouts. Hoping for a change of fortunes after two previous god awful visits. First time was a Kean special in the league cup and the second we lost 3-0 and we were so irritated by proceedings were in one of those TGI Fridays by 4:30 due to a distinct lack of pubs in the vicinity. 

Third time lucky...

• J*B pinned this topic

Been surprised by the lack of interest in this fixture, would have thought we'd have had 5000 going with it being a bank holiday and us riding high? But looks more like 3000 which is still very good.

Mk coming off a win at Gillingham, but forget that, we're top of the league and looking set for promotion.

MK 1 Rovers 3

No snow down here, tickets available on the day, should be a good day out. 

If fit Mulgrew Lenihan and Graham have to start. Didn't expect to say this earlier in the season but Evans should also start. 

Antonsson and especially Samuel haven't done enough. 

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Payne

Graham

• Backroom
1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

MUST WIN !

8 games to save our club

Must match Shrewsbury’s result! 

Most likely they will win though.

Expecting a 1-1 or 2-2 here 

12 minutes ago, benhben said:

If fit Mulgrew Lenihan and Graham have to start. Didn't expect to say this earlier in the season but Evans should also start. 

Antonsson and especially Samuel haven't done enough. 

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Smallwood

Armstrong Dack Payne

Graham

I think that will be the team but with Williams in for Bell, although I would prefer to see Bell start.

1 minute ago, Craigyboy said:

Hope it's not postponed as two games have already been, Bradford and Doncaster waterlogged pitch 

I'd be very surprised if there was any issue in MK ....I'm 40 miles away and although there was a fair bit of rain overnight, it has been mostly dry all morning (just very grey with a few spits of rain).

10 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Hope Payne starts in place of Antonson.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Smallwood

Payne Dack Armstrong

Graham

Too much quality.

How can you leave Bennett out - one or our best players this season?

Hoping for a better outcome than my last visit - a horrible 3-0 defeat under Bowyer  with a few disinterested Rovers fans scattered about a soulless empty stadium.

It was that match which made me realise Bowyer was finished

Wonder if Travis has been forgiven yet and makes the team/bench? I think Bennett is wasted at full-back and woukd much rather see him wide-right. 

MK Dons were actually a decent team when they came to Ewood. They had some good footballers in their side and passed it round well, but just seemed to lack any bite up front.

It won't be easy. A hard-fought 2-1 win.

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wonder if Travis has been forgiven yet and makes the team/bench?

To answer my own question, not yet forgiven:D

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/16129957.Tony_Mowbray_on_the_absence_of_Rovers_youngster_Lewis_Travis/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

I will answer this post shortly....

Bet Andre Oijer is glad Mowbray wasn’t here when he was. :wacko: 

Surely a young over-enthusiastic youngster can be forgiven for a tackle! It’s not as though he punched someone.

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Latest from Rich Sharpe, Travis has travelled with the match day squad. Maybe half forgiven.

Lancashire Telegraph:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/16132208.MATCHDAY_LIVE__MK_Dons_v_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

This could run and run...

Archived