BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, philipl said:

Has the downpour reached Milton Keynes yet?

Five postponements for waterlogged pitches so far- Chesterfield the furthest south.

We are 19 miles away and it’s dry. No chance of a PP. Traffic is grim though ETA 14.43

That team will do for me, glad to see Williams and not Bell but I don't know what Payne needs to do to get a start and thought he or Conway might have played instead of Antonsson

Hopefully this is Lenihans last game out. Seemed like an impact injury, so probably just sore

I thought Antonsson worked hard and got in good positions the last game. Not really about him "stepping up" just taking a chance if he gets one. Like he was before he got injured

I would have preferred Williams at centre half and bell left back. I thought downings distribution the last day was atrocious. 

Just now, Preben said:

That team will do for me, glad to see Williams and not Bell but I don't know what Payne needs to do to get a start and thought he or Conway might have played instead of Antonsson

Play a lot better than he has when starting. He's been subbed from there every time he's started on the right. Unless you want to drop Dack? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Play a lot better than he has when starting. He's been subbed from there every time he's started on the right. Unless you want to drop Dack? 

I would say Payne has been generally excellent with the odd exception when he's thrown in a stinker.

By and large we play with a much better tempo when Dack, Armstrong and Payne are on the pitch together.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's needs to step up. He was dreadful Thursday. Missed an absolute sitter with his head and then rolled another into the keepers arms from inside the box.

Dreadful? No. He got in good positions, should have finished them. Armstrong was far worse, the build up to Conways goal aside 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Is your seat facing the pitch? :)

Good question :)

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would have put Williams in as a centre back and Bell at left back. I wouldn't be starting Antonnson either. He's in there because a few months back he got a few goals, not on current ability. In an away game it'd be either Payne or Conway for me.

He's definitely going to score now :P

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would say Payne has been generally excellent with the odd exception when he's thrown in a stinker.

By and large we play with a much better tempo when Dack, Armstrong and Payne are on the pitch together.

Not when starting. Read what I wrote. Is your chair facing your computer?

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He needs to because other than that he may as well be sat next to me.

I think he’s there, particularly in away games, for his pace, which keeps a defender or two out on his side, the fact he puts in a shift giving Williams a modicum of cover, and his ghosting in at the back post. Technically though, I completely agree with you.

Archived