BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew.  Raya made some good saves but what's the story with his kicking.  In 1 case he had the ball in his hands and almost kicked it straight to someone about 20 yards away.  get him on that training ground as we struggle to get the ball away quite often the clearances are so poor.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's funny how simplistic some of you on here make football out to be. The players, not Mowbray, are dropping back because they are nervous as we are involved in a tense promotion battle with high stakes. We are playing away to a team fighting for their lives. 

Great away win. The team keep getting results. Well done to Mowbray and the lads. We go again 

Surely if the players start dropping back then it's TM's job to get them pushing out again. And I have to say substituting Bell for Dack after Graham has already withdrawn is a horrendous substitution. Had MK equalised we'd have had no real way of going for the winner. Someone needs to seal up the entrance to Tony's shell.

Still a win's a win. Six out of six over Easter and one more game  out of the way.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

That all went wrong when Antonsson was given the hook for Payne, who I’m thinking is a luxury player: fine when teams park the bus at Ewood but AWOL when there is work to be done. From then on we had 4 players contributing nothing defensively and Williams not being baled out.

In the build up to their goal we were in disarray, overrun down our left, Williams god-knows-where, Mulgrew out left not very successfully closing down the man on the ball, leaving the mighty Downing marking two in the middle. Shambles.

I actually felt sorry for Samuel with his man, he desperately needs a goal. 

Thank God for Raya, who should be given the freedom of Tockholes for two unbelievable saves while Payne I would consign to the Treacle Mines for the remainder of the away fixtures.

Well said. I completely agree on Payne. 

Samuel definitely needs a goal. Looks low on confidence. Some fans on here forget players are humans as well. 

Always going to be a battle away from home 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely if the players start dropping back then it's TM's job to get them pushing out again. And I have to say substituting Bell for Dack after Graham has already withdrawn is a horrendous substitution. Had MK equalised we'd have had no real way of going for the winner. Someone needs to seal up the entrance to Tony's shell.

Still a win's a win. Six out of six over Easter and one more game  out of the way.

What? 

Have you ever played football yourself? Teams winning near the end by the odd goal nearly always drop back 

Great win, once again. Thank you lads.

I feel Wigan will lose points tonight.

Pompey in great form and just outside of the playoffs line, tasting the blood.

Fratton Park is one of the last places I would like to play tonight.

One of those results you look back on at the end of the season saying that was a biggie, and I believe it was. Had we gave up advantage we had on shrews already they would’ve got a massive boost but as it is it’s as you were with another game ticked off. Results more than performance here.

antonsson and payne are not two loans I want perm 

Armstrong def is

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Find the Bell hate absolutely bizzare. Has looked decent to me 

Some moaners on here. They will probably still be at it when we seal promotion 

I thought Bell looked good on his debut but then he’s been ropey ever since IMO. Maybe it’s just a confidence thing.

I think everyone on here should face the fact that its gonna be like this until the end of the season. Teams all looking to go up/stop up ..going to be some real close games and results are all thats going to matter now.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

One of those results you look back on at the end of the season saying that was a biggie, and I believe it was. Had we gave up advantage we had on shrews already they would’ve got a massive boost but as it is it’s as you were with another game ticked off. Results more than performance here.

antonsson and bell are not two loans I want perm 

Armstrong def is

Bell was signed and not loaned

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

antonsson and bell are not two loans I want perm 

Armstrong def is

I thought we'd signed Bell permanently ? That other left back we signed that is on loan at Rochdale seems to have vanished off the planet football.

17 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Shrewsbury win again grrr won't go away ..even with suspension and injury's .. they seem to over come most obstacles.. last day this will be decided 

As long as we get promoted, I'd much rather Shrewsbury pipped Wigan. The pie-eaters have an arrogance about them which I don't like. 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Samuel definitely needs a goal. Looks low on confidence. Some fans on here forget players are humans as well. 

Dack isn't. He's a freak of nature

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It’s ok saying “he needs a goal” or “he’s only human” but he’s a well paid professional footballer and he won’t get an easier goal scoring opportunity than that. Confidence is self-serving and he is going to need to do a lot better than he did today when he gets a chance.

Funny though when Rhodes was having a lean spell and low on confidence he was ripped apart on here, despite his record. Samuel needs to grow a pair, work a bit harder and make his first goal - the ugly way if necessary - not just hope for one to bounce off him.

Archived