BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some brief thoughts from the Echo Chamber that is the MK Dons Stadium.

Excellent first half, followed by an awful second period.

MK had some very good chances and penalty shouts and overall, we were lucky to come away with the win.

Two moments of class from Graham and Armstrong was the difference. Armstrong gets better and better was my MoM.

Jekyll and Hyde performance from Raya - fine saves but awful distribution in the last 15 minutes that almost cost us dearly.

Antonsson never reached his usual low bar - why does he start any game?

Dack was very quiet, and Samuel's miss was because he is low on confidence or just terminally useless. Probably the latter.

Smallwood, Evans, Williams all solid. 

Still think we need 5 new players if we get promoted.

A win is a win but we'll have to play alot better in the run-in. 

Forgot to add, fantastic support from the Rovers lads. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya earned his corn today. A couple of really top class saves there.

Just looking from the highlights I would agree, unfortunately some of his distribution was bloody awful. Really put us under some unnecessary pressure, we would of been punished by a better team.

Graham's two assists Scholes esque. The pace and finish from Armstrong for his first goal was like a young Michael owen. :lol: Bringing Armstrong in to the side in January and the goals he's added could prove to be the difference in automatic promotion and play offs. Potential master stroke from Mowbray. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

MK had some very good chances and penalty shouts and overall, we were lucky to come away with the win.

Two moments of class from Graham and Armstrong was the difference. Armstrong gets better and better was my MoM.

Jekyll and Hyde performance from Raya - fine saves but awful distribution in the last 15 minutes that almost cost us dearly.

Dack was very quiet, and Samuel's miss was because he is low on confidence or just terminally useless. Probably the latter.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Samuel's not a finisher. He makes Jason Roberts look like Messi. It wouldn't be so bad if he put himself about and dominated the centre halves but in spite of having the physique his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Either Conway or Payne should be in for Antonnson on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Samuel's not a finisher. He makes Jason Roberts look like Messi. It wouldn't be so bad if he put himself about and dominated the centre halves but in spite of having the physique his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Either Conway or Payne should be in for Antonnson on Saturday.

Allow yourself to enjoy the win TS, we're top of the league, possible champions, who gives a toss about anything else other than the 3 points?

A really important win and the first half was up there with anything we have done this season. Some great pass and move football which was a sight to behold as we consummated controlled the game apart from a free header from which Raya made a terrific save. In the second half our old frailty of a) not stopping crosses and B) allowing free headers returned as we rode out luck and relied on the excellent reflexes of Raya. For some weeks now we have looked quite solid but in the second half we looked defensively weak at times. I can only put the weakness aspect down to the absence of Lenihan as the big MK Dons player could have had a hat trick of free headers.

The win was absolutely the most important thing but I'm sure Mowbray and his staff will be asking some searching questions when the do their match review.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I honestly think we made them look good. Had Graham finished that chance, which any other day he probably would have done, I think we could have gone on and got another goal or two. It doesn’t matter though as we won. 

Does anyone get why Mowbray still keeps picking Samuel ahead of Nutall? Samuel needs loaning out to a non-league side to get his confidence back. He once again looked lost....

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The win was absolutely the most important thing but I'm sure Mowbray and his staff will be asking some searching questions when the do their match review.

We are top of the league, having won 24 games and scored more goals than I can ever remember, why will Mowbray be asking any questions other than the best route to Sheff Weds, Norwich and QPR?

Just now, Gav said:

We are top of the league, having won 24 games and scored more goals than I can ever remember, why will Mowbray be asking any questions other than the best route to Sheff Weds, Norwich and QPR?

Because he isn't doing his job if he isn't seeking perfection and trying to make the team and individuals better. It's professional sport and anybody involved in it wants to improve and work on weaknesses to eradicate them. And if they don't they shouldn't be involved. If you rest on your laurels then you are setting yourself up to fail.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because we are still not clear from the other two, surely it is TM’s job to keep looking for small improvements, who knows something he works on could make the difference in a forthcoming match.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Because he isn't doing his job if he isn't seeking perfection and trying to make the team and individuals better. It's professional sport and anybody involved in it wants to improve and work on weaknesses to eradicate them. And if they don't they shouldn't be involved. If you rest on your laurels then you are setting yourself up to fail.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The day you stop wanting to improve the team is the day you start going backwards.

Goes without saying surely?

How about a bit of praise for the manager? The guys done a remarkable job, brought in the right players, won 24 games and scored goals for fun?

Been a fantastic season so far.

Just now, Gav said:

How about a bit of praise for the manager? The guys done a remarkable job, brought in the right players, won 24 games and scored goals for fun?

Has anybody criticised Mowbray after today's game?

He's done a good job and brought in some decent players but the job isn't done yet.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Find the Bell hate absolutely bizzare. Has looked decent to me 

Some moaners on here. They will probably still be at it when we seal promotion 

Luckily for us, we'll still have you to point it out.

Just now, arbitro said:

Has anybody criticised Mowbray after today's game?

He's done a good job and brought in some decent players but the job isn't done yet.

I never said anybody had criticised Mowbray?

But reading your post, which gave no credit to the manager/team whatsoever, I was asking why? and you've now put that right above and rightly so.

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Gav ,you are just repeating yourself over and over again. We've got 3 points, now we move on and think about how to get the next three. That's normal.

Just now, 47er said:

Gav ,you are just repeating yourself over and over again. We've got 3 points, now we move on and think about how to get the next three. That's normal.

Of course I'm repeating myself, great support, great result and a manager that's worked miricles in my eyes after 7/8yrs of sh1te.

I make no apologies for it.

Archived