BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DE. said:

Good question. All of a sudden around 65 mins we fell back to defend and haven't stopped since. We had a similar spell in the first half but got over it a lot quicker. Not sure if it's a fitness issue or just poor mentality but Mowbray has decided to roll with it anyway. 

It's funny how simplistic some of you on here make football out to be. The players, not Mowbray, are dropping back because they are nervous as we are involved in a tense promotion battle with high stakes. We are playing away to a team fighting for their lives. 

Great away win. The team keep getting results. Well done to Mowbray and the lads. We go again 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's funny how simplistic some of you on here make football out to be. The players, not Mowbray, are dropping back because they are nervous as we are involved in a tense promotion battle with high stakes. We are playing away to a team fighting for their lives. 

Great away win. The team keep getting results. We'll done to Mowbray and the lads. We go again 

MK Dons weren't "fighting for their lives" until we let them keep the ball for the last twenty minutes. They were playing the match like a friendly until then.

Well that was absolutely terrifying. Not sure I can take 7 more second halves like that!

Samuel needs to be dropped indefinitely for that miss alone. No way is he a professional striker. Really need better substitutions than him and a spare left back.

Should have been out of sight going into the last 10 minutes. Not hanging on and tempting penalty claims.

My heart is still pounding!

Massive relief. Can't believe we made it so hard for ourselves in the end. Mowbray made a mistake today by not bringing Conway on for Antonsson and it nearly cost us.

Armstrong should have had a hat trick and Raya was absolutely immense today.

Bell and Samuel awful... I don't think they can be anywhere near the team at this stage of the season. Their lack of confidence is a problem we can't afford when the race is so close and the stakes are so high. The rest of the team fought like warriors today and thoroughly deserved the win.

Just now, DE. said:

MK Dons weren't "fighting for their lives" until we let them keep the ball for the last twenty minutes. They were playing the match like a friendly until then.

Imagine the opposition having the ball. What a strange concept. Must be weird to see, seeing as in most football games one team has the ball 100% of the time apparently :rolleyes:

Teams have won champions league and World cup finals defending for their lives in the final 20 minutes or more. 

It's not easy to watch, but we are not unique in doing it. We were away from home and it is a great win and huge 3 points 

Just now, Miker said:

Massive relief. Can't believe we made it so hard for ourselves in the end. Mowbray made a mistake today by not bringing Conway on for Antonsson and it nearly cost us.

Armstrong should have had a hat trick and Raya was absolutely immense today.

Bell and Samuel awful... I don't think they can be anywhere near the team at this stage of the season. Their lack of confidence is a problem we can't afford when the race is so close and the stakes are so high. The rest of the team fought like warriors today and thoroughly deserved the win.

Agreed, I don't want Samuel or Bell anywhere near the team for the remainder of the run in

• Backroom

Graham, Raya and Armstrong were the difference makers today. Samuel and Antonsson again really poor. Downing looking a bit dodgy again as well. Looking forward to Lenihan's return. 

• Backroom

Shrewsbury win but must be feeling gutted we held on

Another game closer with no damage done at all with regards to Shrewsbury 

If we can keep that up for a few more gameweeks the end will be in sight 

Next weekend we are at home to Southend, a team that did us on the first week of the season whilst Shrewsbury don’t play in the league until the following Thursday away at Bradford.

It’s essential that we make sure they start that game 4 points behind us with the same amount of games played. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine the opposition having the ball. What a strange concept. Must be weird to see, seeing as in most football games one team has the ball 100% of the time apparently :rolleyes:

Teams have won champions league and World cup finals defending for their lives in the final 20 minutes or more. 

It's not easy to watch, but we are not unique in doing it. We were away from home and it is a great win and huge 3 points 

No need to be antagonistic with me chief, just my opinion after a stressful match. I'm going to have a pint and hopefully watch Pompey beat Wigan. Cheers. 

That all went wrong when Antonsson was given the hook for Payne, who I’m thinking is a luxury player: fine when teams park the bus at Ewood but AWOL when there is work to be done. From then on we had 4 players contributing nothing defensively and Williams not being baled out.

In the build up to their goal we were in disarray, overrun down our left, Williams god-knows-where, Mulgrew out left not very successfully closing down the man on the ball, leaving the mighty Downing marking two in the middle. Shambles.

I actually felt sorry for Samuel with his man, he desperately needs a goal. 

Thank God for Raya, who should be given the freedom of Tockholes for two unbelievable saves while Payne I would consign to the Treacle Mines for the remainder of the away fixtures.

Archived