BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MK Dons (away) Easter Monday

Good job Raya was on his best form for stopping shots at least, we'll have a good keeper on our hands if he improves some other aspects of his game.

Main thing is we got the 3 points.

9 unbeaten, 4 straight away wins and 1 defeat in 28, not too shabby, with that sort of form a team would normally be a shoe-in for promotion, but it's just

one of those seasons. I reckon it won't be decided until the last but one game.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

It’s ok saying “he needs a goal” or “he’s only human” but he’s a well paid professional footballer and he won’t get an easier goal scoring opportunity than that. Confidence is self-serving and he is going to need to do a lot better than he did today when he gets a chance.

Funny though when Rhodes was having a lean spell and low on confidence he was ripped apart on here, despite his record. Samuel needs to grow a pair, work a bit harder and make his first goal - the ugly way if necessary - not just hope for one to bounce off him.

I agree he needs to work hard and I have been critical of his body language. The way some fans on here go on about a missed chance, you would think its the easiest thing in the world, I'd say some of the worst offenders have a hard time sitting up quickly off the couch. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

I thought Bell looked good on his debut but then he’s been ropey ever since IMO. Maybe it’s just a confidence thing.

He looked good playing at left back instead of Williams (MoM even? Can’t remember). He was then shoehorned into a left wing position to accommodate both him and Williams and he hasn’t looked the same since. With Lenihan out today (and Nyambe still sidelined) you’d have thought it would have been Williams central and Downing as cover but whichever way we cut it it’s looking a bit makeshift back there when Lenihan or Mulgrew are out.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well if you did play a any meaningful level you would have a better understanding of what happens in real games, as opposed to fifa. 

Don't be so patronising. Yes, teams often drop back when they're defending a lead inviting pressure onto themselves. Sometimes they hang on, sometimes they Don't. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or that they wouldn't be better continuing to play their normal game and engage the oppositin twenty yards higher up the pitch.

Anyhow my point was not really about sitting back per se it was about the combination of sitting back and taking off your main attacking threats which leaves you nowhere to go if you do concede.

I agree he needs to work hard and I have been critical of his body language. The way some fans on here go on about a missed chance, you would think its the easiest thing in the world, I'd say some of the worst offenders have a hard time sitting up quickly off the couch. 

He is paid to finish chances harder than the one he got today. If he isn’t up to it he needs to find another career. Maybe he could run an evening crèche, they’d be a good idea for folk missing sitters?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't be so patronising. Yes, teams often drop back when they're defending a lead inviting pressure onto themselves. Sometimes they hang on, sometimes they Don't. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or that they wouldn't be better continuing to play their normal game and engage the oppositin twenty yards higher up the pitch.

Anyhow my point was not really about sitting back per se it was about the combination of sitting back and taking off your main attacking threats which leaves you nowhere to go if you do concede.

The point you make is right though. Taking off attacking players and bringing on defenders - or even midfielders is tactically going to see us sit deeper.

You cant always judge a decision by its success or failure. TM could have stuck raya upfront and put graham in goal. We could have won the game still. But it doesn't change the fact the decision would have been bonkers

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But thats the idea ..its not to concede.

You may as well say lets play with ten forwards because we re going to concede.

(btw i dont like it when teams do but there must be some method in the madness somewhere.)

If football was that easy we d all be taking thousands off the bookies ..and thats the beauty of the game theres a certain degree of unpredictability.

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

He looked good playing at left back instead of Williams (MoM even? Can’t remember). He was then shoehorned into a left wing position to accommodate both him and Williams and he hasn’t looked the same since. With Lenihan out today (and Nyambe still sidelined) you’d have thought it would have been Williams central and Downing as cover but whichever way we cut it it’s looking a bit makeshift back there when Lenihan or Mulgrew are out.

Even when he’s played left back since with Williams at centre half I think he’s looked suspect tbh.

Well if you did play a any meaningful level you would have a better understanding of what happens in real games, as opposed to fifa. 

You don't start dropping back, the opposition push you back. They're losing so they'll throw caution to the winds and try things they wouldn't try if they were winning. Your lesser players start looking around for the big players to do something to get you back in the game. Some players start to hide from the ball, some players try to get control back by taking that extra touch and slow the game down and they get caught in possession. The nervous ones start just launching the ball down field. You start by defending the last third of the pitch and end up defending the six yard box. 

You need leaders in your team and we're a bit sort in that respect.

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You don't start dropping back, the opposition push you back. They're losing so they'll throw caution to the winds and try things they wouldn't try if they were winning. Your lesser players start looking around for the big players to do something to get you back in the game. Some players start to hide from the ball, some players try to get control back by taking that extra touch and slow the game down and they get caught in possession. The nervous ones start just launching the ball down field. You start by defending the last third of the pitch and end up defending the six yard box. 

You need leaders in your team and we're a bit sort in that respect.

It's a combination of both really. What you say is true, but teams do also drop back instinctively when near the end of a game they have a tight lead in. If the opposition have anything about them,  they take the initiative and attack. 

We are good on the counter, but pressure comes into it and correct passes are not always made. We got the result though 

When you are under pressure late in games, you need the ball to stick when it goes up front. Unfortunately Graham had gone off and Samuel isn't the greatest at holding possession. End result is it all gets a bit nervy, MK get their tails up, the crowd gets giddy and suddenly we cant keep possession 

2 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

When you are under pressure late in games, you need the ball to stick when it goes up front. Unfortunately Graham had gone off and Samuel isn't the greatest at holding possession. End result is it all gets a bit nervy, MK get their tails up, the crowd gets giddy and suddenly we cant keep possession 

Ya, you need a striker who can hold it up in those situations, makes all the difference. Remember Gallagher v PNE last season as an example of how badly it can go wrong 

Plenty of complaining and micro managing the players on show in Brfcsville, get a @#/? grip.

Great performance once again, because any performance that gets you 3 points away from home is a great performance.

A word for the support - SUPERB.

Onwards and upwards.

Just now, Gav said:

Plenty of complaining and micro managing the players on show in Brfcsville, get a @#/? grip.

Great performance once again, because any performance that gets you 3 points away from home is a great performance.

A word for the support - SUPERB.

Onwards and upwards.

Someone's had a shandy too many.

Very tricky game. We werent really on it today but we still won. The extra class made the difference. Armstrong was class today, they couldn't cope with his runs in behind. 

Samuel showing why he's not quite there yet, he didn't get anywhere near the goal during his one on one chance. He looks like a very talented player but his end product is lacking. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought we'd signed Bell permanently ? That other left back we signed that is on loan at Rochdale seems to have vanished off the planet football.

Sam Hart. Made 5 apps for Rochdale. Only 1 start though. I’d say we’d be looking to offload this lad whether we go up or not. 

Archived