BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Southend

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Rovers. Sounded like a nervy finish, after you'd squandered chances throughout the game. 

Sadly, this looks like the last time we'll play each other for a while. Go and win the title now!! 

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

:lol:

Think we have found John Motson's successor , the honour is all yours Tom

Honestly I was raging at the time, felt like his Matt Derbyshire moment, then it was forgotten about as the game went on another 6 years 

Just now, Shrimper said:

Congratulations Rovers. Sounded like a nervy finish, after you'd squandered chances throughout the game. 

Sadly, this looks like the last time we'll play each other for a while. Go and win the title now!! 

Very classy mate, thanks and best wishes.

• Backroom
Just now, Lihamylly said:

Am I first to admit that we are getting a bit lucky lately? Sure sure,  luck is earned etc etc, but still.

If you take an objective view at it. It's not Shrews at the moment. It's us.

True or not, I'll take it :)

Thought they had a clear penalty at the end then an obvious red for Downing but we had a couple of shouts in the first half 

Definite slice of luck in the great scramble of 2018 - think two of their players went for same ball

• Backroom
Just now, Shrimper said:

One of the better teams this season, Powell seemed to set you up well and you outplayed us for the most part.

We just had 15-20 mins of an onslaught with nothing before or after 

• Backroom
Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Mowbray needs a Plan B without Dack then, and fast. Hope Lenihan will be back soon. Nervy times.

I think Payne is supposed to be Plan B :unsure:

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Samuel was far more effective than Antonsson by the way.

Not many vintage performances but Bennett was simply phenomenal.

If Jack Payne tries an overhead kick on the edge of our box again he needs a kick in the dick 

Disagree. I barely even recall him touching the ball! At least Antonsson was a bit of an outlet. Can’t believe Samuel is 3 years younger than him - doesn’t run like he does.

Anywho, that’s a massive three points today. Really really struggling to see teams off (compare and contrast Wigan - again). Such a stressful afternoon and not a bit enjoyable at any point.

2 home games and 4 away left. Probably good news for us as I think we play better away.

Good to see the right player awarded a penalty rather than just the goal scorer. Bennett is our engine at the moment.

Thank God I went for a walk and just came that to the scoreline. Must have been hard for those watching live. 

It can't be said we aren't due a bit of luck. Sounds like de Raya pulled off another wordly. How much better than Steele is that cat?? 

Big, big blow for Shrewsbury. Hope they lose tomorrow as well. Dick kick city. 

• Moderation Lead

Ultimately, it’s job done. It could have been worse but we got the win.

My heart was in my mouth with that late goal mouth scramble but we got the three points and we are getting closer to the prize. On to the next one....

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

One of the better teams this season, Powell seemed to set you up well and you outplayed us for the most part.

We just had 15-20 mins of an onslaught with nothing before or after 

It just goes to show how tough this league is. We're mid-table, but by all accounts put up a decent show. 

You's were always gunna be too good for this league though, and quite rightly deserve automatic promotion 

29 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

I could see you lot playing in the Championship, in the next few years. Powell is a good manager, who I think will have you lot challenging at the right end of the table, next season.

That gap between us and Shrewsbury is a lovely sight, with the same number of games played. I just wonder if we’ve got enough to win the league. We looked bang average those last 20 minutes.

Job done move on.

yes it wasn’t pretty it wasn’t total football and Southend played a good game strangling rovers through the middle. 

Didnt matter 1 piece of class was all that was needed.

rest up then it’s onto Kent 

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Ultimately, it’s job done. It could have been worse but we got the win.

My heart was in my mouth with that late goal mouth scramble but we got the three points and we are getting closer to the prize. On to the next one....

Could have been worse than a win alright ;) We never seem to make it easy. 

Jesus hopefully things go smoothly from here... 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rich Sharpe:

Bradley Dack taken off as a precaution after feeling tightness/fatigue in his hamstring. Will be assessed tomorrow. Dack will undoubtedly want to play on Tuesday against his former club, Gillingham.

I'd rather rest him if there's any potential doubts. Gillingham are pretty poor and we should be able to beat them without him. It'd be a good chance for Payne to step up and give Tony a reason to consider him. 

I'll trust whatever Mowbray goes with, either way. 

Archived