BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Might be going to my first ever Rovers match - what do I need to know before going?

English born. always been a Rovers supporter, but have lived in Australia pretty much since I was a couple of months old.

In 2015 I went to Ewood for the first time in my life, my grandparents asked the staff if security would be kind enough to let me see the pitch and the stands and they were happy to, due to my circumstances. 

But unfortunately didn't see a match. I could've extended my stay in the area by one night and seen a game but I was so disenchanted with the club at the time that I didn't really give a stuff.

Ever since that day I've regretted it. I felt like I was making some sort of protest when really I just wasted a chance to watch Rovers play.

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to have another trip and I think I might be able to make it to the Peterborough match @ Ewood.

What are some things I should know before going?

What's the current situation with Venkys? Will I need to attend a pre-match venkys flag burning ceremony so I can get my hand stamped before entry?

Can I get a ticket at the gate? How much are they?

A family member said some clubs (Arsenal for example) won't let you drink a beer at your seat. Is that the same at Ewood? It's basically unheard of over here so I was really surprised.

Just tell me anything I might need to know. I'm pretty pumped up, might rock up in full kit and get 'Dacky' tattooed on my forehead.

The venkys flag burning has been on hold for the season. If u wish to see that your better coming for Xmas. All the ticket prices vary depending on where u sit between 18-32 quid. Prices on official website. You can pay on the day just go to the ticket office situated in the Blackburn end. I don't drink but I'm 99% certain u can't take ale to your seats. Parking is a tenner around the ground. Hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful experience

3 hours ago, Cowan said:

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to have another trip and I think I might be able to make it to the Peterborough match @ Ewood.

What are some things I should know before going?

What's the current situation with Venkys? Will I need to attend a pre-match venkys flag burning ceremony so I can get my hand stamped before entry?

Nothing major, too busy focused on trying to get out of this league!

Can I get a ticket at the gate? How much are they?

Probably, worth getting a family member to get one for you, as queues can be long on a matchday. That said, best to get down early, get your ticket and soak up some of the build-up.

The attendance was noticeably down (around where I sit) for the Bradford game, the Posh game is also on TV so you should be able to pick your spot!

My recommendation would be Riverside, between rows 8-11 and seats 60 - 120. Nice height, in front of the poles and pretty central.

A family member said some clubs (Arsenal for example) won't let you drink a beer at your seat. Is that the same at Ewood? It's basically unheard of over here so I was really surprised.

Just tell me anything I might need to know. I'm pretty pumped up, might rock up in full kit and get 'Dacky' tattooed on my forehead.

If you get down to the ground early, you can probably see the players arrive, chance for photos or the odd signature, I'm sure they arrive a couple of hours before kick off.

The FanZone at the Blackburn End is a good place to get a drink and mingle with other fans, if you start a conversation with someone, you'll probably make a life long friend! Particularly as you've travelled a long way!

Also, let the club's official twitter know you're going to the game (credit to them, they've been great the last 18 months or so) and could possibly arrange a visit to the side of the pitch pre match? They did this with a couple of fans before the Bradford game.

Give yourself time for a look round the shop, extra time if you want a printed shirt etc. Also a chance to see the murals on the side of the Jack Walker and Blackburn End/Darwen End. Obligatory picture with the Jack Walker statue as well.

Best match view is the JW Upper as central as possible but the Blackburn End, Ronnie Clayton Stand should have more atmosphere.

If in Town for a few days try and book a Stadium Tour.

Make sure all your innoculations are up to date just in case you get on the wrong bus or your taxi takes a wrong turn and you end up in Burnley. You will know if that happens with the sight of incredibly ugly pedestrians drinking from brown paper bags and engaging in public sex with their family members. Close all windows and doors and escape pronto, best have a medical checkup just in case.

Archived